• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
First boss is wrecking me lol. Like 15 deaths at this point. I almost had him, but I'm so squishy. He has three ways to OHK me, and it's hard to Ki pulse... I might not beat this guy this sitting.

_Oni

Oct 28, 2017
How is the level design in this one? Loved the combat in the first one but the poor levels turned me off a bit.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
I'm probably missing something but why in the absolute hell does soul matching a purple with another purple cost 77k for a single level increase, I thought it was a bug in the beta but it's legit intended.

What?

Soul matching has always been very expensive, even in Nioh 1. Most likely so players could not stick to one weapon stubbornly but have the option ready for end-game if they really find a nice setup.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
How is the level design in this one? Loved the combat in the first one but the poor levels turned me off a bit.
I don't know why these games get such a bad rep for level design. Even if they don't reach the highs of Souls games, there are still many good levels in their own right.

I only beat the first one so far (+ those in the demos) but they were pretty solid. Fairly large, with lots of looping shortcuts, decent amount of verticality, rewarding nooks and crannies, etc.

Do you need to play the first game or is it fine to jump in to the second one?
You can jump right into this one. The story in 1 is not very interesting.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
Like... what bullshit is it to suddenly switch to dark realm in the middle of a boss fight. Ugh lol. I was sooo close.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Soul matching has always been very expensive, even in Nioh 1. Most likely so players could not stick to one weapon stubbornly but have the option ready for end-game if they really find a nice setup.
I mean it got expensive in Nioh 1 when green gear was included especially up to +15 originally but a single level increase with a purple wasn't always 100k. I know purple got max familiarity and stuff but I could literally match 2 blues together for a level boost of 3 or 4 and it would cost about 3k or 4k, not 77k.

Feb 12, 2019
I ended up starting with the Odachi and Katana, which lasted all of the first level before I dumped the latter. I had forgotten that my favorite sword skills are pretty deep down that weapon's skill tree, and I also got a pretty damn good purple tonfa from the first level's boss, soo...

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
I don't know why these games get such a bad rep for level design. Even if they don't reach the highs of Souls games, there are still many good levels in their own right.

I only beat the first one so far (+ those in the demos) but they were pretty solid. Fairly large, with lots of looping shortcuts, decent amount of verticality, rewarding nooks and crannies, etc.

You can jump right into this one. The story in 1 is not very interesting.
I wondered about the level design complaints myself. But I think the main reason people didn't like it was because of the bite sized/level select nature of the game.

I think they wanted it to be one continuous world with all the individual levels inter-connected.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
I wonder when I'll be able to play it, pre-ordered it but than the whole covid19 thing happened, now I'm stuck home and stores are closed, can't retire it until April 3rd if I'm lucky.

Oct 26, 2017
ySLVEDIZCxsL2-aLFK513TU11EFD9gM8oD1x6sozxxmPXbLbfR8bXTawvvfd9_fdjfzrSVPH9yGdkTnv9jh5C9EwbCmWOm4g350AkWZIOf0JV2f7qdMmqCaQVAMTpv1h9CVP3mCq8Milpj6i5KWxDZuG-H5YGNtTCC0tb_YkkLtXkVyCI-oIfId2KTxHkd3qwp8LhqASv2nYS4Zohx24-wsAXGuZITHHQemuzBf9qlFVDKA87kAvCPBu6hGLAa9B9-eHLa-N9f7C-hXBS85bUM3XPTfMBKRbsxVdbbSydn-i5diBiCJQiiXhjvRzapv_5bJ0l3t1pqtiEdE3QUrc_WNhzTcTXHyvbmIaHQ76HXEY43jylhScN9uYDn3KodyKnhXSQMoQ3r2EQ0bmipEeVs_443_1EKud0LiLA4ymwcWaYws__4p-IPVKqU4I1vfvky1yxyNovI_UI62vw2ER9EoDNnue_X0ZBhu1MMnWKSPg7qz-XNLV063yRCAOFIeZX7iswyquxm3-jFo-FFR9UBLIkAM-gNaBvvzqIcEVvbyiQ3Nad2KNX8uXL4hRIp988lDP_dSPcchqtCe31YKrWyUjZVLRGtH1yXVcupCGMQ0gEt0YiT8z5L7NEjzmr-ld4zIWE5Xt1znNof4QFocEKW6bbISJkp-pyia7_sGG0SMTvjTC-ESUZPI=w600-h338-no

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I like how Toyo goes into all this lore about ancient Japanese weapons and then she got up to the Switchglaive and was like "I don't know how this shit works"

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know that I've ever died to a boss this many times in a videogame. lol

I guess I could try and change my build. Idk... I basically have to be perfect for the whole fight. Crazy for the first boss. I killed the thing in the graveyard after a couple attempts. But this boss has my number.

thebigword

Oct 27, 2017

I guess I could try and change my build. Idk... I basically have to be perfect for the whole fight. Crazy for the first boss. I killed the thing in the graveyard after a couple attempts. But this boss has my number.

Are you using Burst Counter? I was dying left and right in the alpha and betas because I refused to learn the new Yokai powers. Once I learned them, mainly the Burst Counter, I had a much easier time against the bosses.

Deleted member 37739

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 8, 2018

Second boss took me about 30-40 attempts, but honestly, I think it was just a skill check to make sure I had my rhythm back because every boss since then has gone down in less than five runs.

Are you using Burst Counter? I was dying left and right in the alpha and betas because I refused to learn the new Yokai powers. Once I learned them, mainly the Burst Counter, I had a much easier time against the bosses.

Also this - Burst Counters can permanently damage Yokai Ki and boss encounters are as much about bringing the purple gauge down as the red.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017

Huh, I killed him on the first try whilst dying to the graveyard bro a couple of times.

What moves are killing you exactly?

mace999

Dec 7, 2017
I'm quite embarrassed to say this but I can't get past the first monster that I'm supposed to use Burst encounters with ..... I was slightly drunk so I hope that was playing with my senses ..... but if I have to quit a game before even getting to the 1st boss I'll be mad.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Just got my special edition delivered, so stoked. I'm pretty sleep deprived right now so won't attempt it, but hope to set some time to do it soon.

Res

Oct 25, 2017
Killed the first boss after a few attempts. Reminder to never get greedy lol

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Took me 3 hours but I beat the first mission it took so long because I didn't know about Yokai burst I went and did all the tutorials and cleared the mission not even 30 minutes later. I got a yokai weapon it shreds stamina it's awesome.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
I guess they still have the twilight missions on rotation, kinda hoped they would've changed that but oh well.

Oct 30, 2017
I'm guessing loot overabundance is still the same? Are there still missions with recommended player levels?

Those are really my two main gripes with the first one. I'm just curious though, I'll get it when I'm done with WotW anyway.

Res

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know what that cemetery key is used for? The one that's dropped by the big axe yokai in the first mission. I ended up finishing the mission without using it

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
God, I feel like someone who never played or finished a Souls like. Game is fun, but I'll need some time to learn all the old and new Nioh features

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
How hard is this on a scale from Kirby to Dark Souls? Lol
I have the first game and got maybe 15 hours in but wasn't making progress and dropped it.
Should i pick that back up or is the new game better all around? I'm not great at hard games but I buy them all anyways and try ( I did finally make some progress in Bloodborne after banging my head against a wall for hours so there is hope!)
Anyways reviews for this look good and it's intriguing to me

Jamiaro

Jan 8, 2018
Finland
What is good weapon to pair with the Kusarigama? I'm going to do a ninjitsu-build and I need suggestions on that. Possibly the Sword? 😬

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone know what that cemetery key is used for? The one that's dropped by the big axe yokai in the first mission. I ended up finishing the mission without using it

It's usable right in the area where we fight the optional mini-boss, it opens up a shortcut to this little village with few boats.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Bought the physical special edition from Micromania in France, anyone has screens of the theme that comes with it ?

Can't wait to dive into this after work :)

Knightsoftheround

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 7, 2020
Hope this game does ok sales wise. Doesn't seem to be much a buzz about it around. Even this OT is pretty dead for release date.

Game is really good

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Even with half the address cut off i still got the game, my mailman doing me a solid right here. Nobody stops this hype train.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
What are you supposed to do with those stamina draining pools on the ground in the Yokai realm just dodge them?

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
I wish the Odachi parry led to a final blow like with a Katana. Got the hang of that first tough enemy after a bit of trying, the yokai counter is so strong.