• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AmethystEnd

Oct 26, 2017
Hey guys, so i read that this game has coop. I've looked online and seen some info but can you guys tell me what type of coop the game has.

Will I be able to play the campaign fully with a friend online?

If it's like the first game, every main story mission and most optional side missions can be played with a friend online. There will be some duel type missions where you cannot have a co-op partner.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guess I'll be playing this all weekend with no college basketball being played

Last edited:

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Wow. The first boss (Mezuki) is much more interesting than Nioh 1's first boss. Definitely enjoying this quite a bit so far!

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Hoping my copy delivers tomorrow without delay, I'm planning to play all weekend. For anyone who has it, is there an option to hide that huge dagger hanging on your back? It looks like it clips through armor in some cases.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping my copy delivers tomorrow without delay, I'm planning to play all weekend. For anyone who has it, is there an option to hide that huge dagger hanging on your back? It looks like it clips through armor in some cases.

That was my plan as well for the weekend but Bestbuy just sent me an email telling me shipment was delayed until Monday......

AmethystEnd

Oct 26, 2017
That was my plan as well for the weekend but Bestbuy just sent me an email telling me shipment was delayed until Monday......

Hm, I preordered at Best Buy also, but have mine set as in-store pickup. The site still says I can pick it up tomorrow and I have no e-mails. Fingers crossed. Definitely sucks that happened to your shipment but I do hope it's not a Best Buy-wide delay.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
I got a email from them about coronovirus and their stores but I didn't get one about a delay of my order.
Store pickup looks on schedule but shipping isn't

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty nice first human fight. Hatchets starting to make sense with nioh 2 bosses

Havent had as much time too play today as id like since when i got home I saw a pretty nasty accident happen so had to call ambulance etc, but next three days booked out nioh 2 time

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty nice first human fight. Hatchets starting to make sense with nioh 2 bosses

Havent had as much time too play today as id like since when i got home I saw a pretty nasty accident happen so had to call ambulance etc, but next three days booked out nioh 2 time

How are you finding them dual hatchets for regular stuff? Do you end up using the throwing attacks much?

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Huh interesting in the Alpha mission they replaced the ugly big yokai in the cave before the boss with the hammer yokai

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019

So this video interview/documentary just came out. Seems pretty interesting, though I haven't watched it in full yet.

Here's the description:
"What goes on the mind of a creator, months before the release of a new game? Around a series of conversations with Nioh 2 director & producer Fumihiko Yasuda, we took a glimpse in the final months of development of the game, a sequel to the worldwide success achieved to the first title he directed, released in 2017. In addition to Yasuda, we discussed with art director Hirohisa Kaneko and sound director Yojiro Yoshimatsu, while attending voice recording session with lead actor Naoto Takenaka or taking a stop at Sony Interactive Entertainment to pay a visit to a fellow producer, Masaaki Yamagiwa, behind the Bloodborne, an iconic title in the Soulslike category. A collaboration between Archipel and Japanese gaming media Game*Spark."

Be sure to turn on the YouTube captions.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Alright done with my first session time to go to bed.

Really enjoying it.

Human enemy ai seems weird, feels like they are barely blocking

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017

So this video interview/documentary just came out. Seems pretty interesting, though I haven't watched it in full yet.

Here's the description:
"What goes on the mind of a creator, months before the release of a new game? Around a series of conversations with Nioh 2 director & producer Fumihiko Yasuda, we took a glimpse in the final months of development of the game, a sequel to the worldwide success achieved to the first title he directed, released in 2017. In addition to Yasuda, we discussed with art director Hirohisa Kaneko and sound director Yojiro Yoshimatsu, while attending voice recording session with lead actor Naoto Takenaka or taking a stop at Sony Interactive Entertainment to pay a visit to a fellow producer, Masaaki Yamagiwa, behind the Bloodborne, an iconic title in the Soulslike category. A collaboration between Archipel and Japanese gaming media Game*Spark."

Be sure to turn on the YouTube captions.

Thanks for sharing this, that was a cool watch.

The part around 45m is funny, where they talk about the alpha test and how people complained it was just Nioh 1.5 lol. I also remember reading some complaints about the hits not feeling as satisfying as Nioh 1 and one of the guys confirms he did lower the volume of the hits intentionally thinking it would be better this way.

Nioh 2 already being planned before Nioh 1 even shipped is kinda crazy. So far there are no plans for Nioh 3 yet, seems like they are going to focus on the new IP.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Started up. Not going to lie. Using the pre-order stuff. It just looks... waaaay too cool to not use it.

Might use it as my cosmetic going forward.

Oct 31, 2017
Man I'm so close to just buying this up but I want to wait for the PC release to play with my friend. And DOOM Eternal and AC out in a week but Nioh is so fun.....

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Well. Died already. Fell off a cliff cause the game pushed me away from a tree when I went to collect the money from a dead enemy.

thebigword

Oct 27, 2017
So am I supposed to be fighting this horse motherfucker already at the beginning of the first level or skip it? I can sneak right passed it. I'm scared, lol.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
is 2 a direct sequel to 1?
no, takes place before
Can you change your characters appearance after creation?
yes
So am I supposed to be fighting this horse motherfucker already at the beginning of the first level or skip it? I can sneak right passed it. I'm scared, lol.
You don't have to, but he's pretty easy and you get two trophies if you take him out and finish the level.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Nioh 2 already being planned before Nioh 1 even shipped is kinda crazy. So far there are no plans for Nioh 3 yet, seems like they are going to focus on the new IP.

That's interesting to hear, considering I remember reading that they didn't really have any plans for Nioh's sequel, either, at one point, since that game wrapped up things nicely by ending things at Osaka.

Guess things changed with the quickness after the game became such a hit for KT!

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
So any reward for killing the big guy in the tutorial that they have you go past?

Loot and a key to the shortcut, lots of amrita. I think I got a trophy as well.

Problem with the shortcut is that you'll still want to loop back to the intended path because there's a Kodama there and a guaranteed Enki core.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Loot and a key to the shortcut, lots of amrita. I think I got a trophy as well.

Problem with the shortcut is that you'll still want to loop back to the intended path because there's a Kodama there and a guaranteed Enki core.

Well, I killed him. Though I had already gotten to the boss (but hadn't engaged). So the shortcut was pointless... Trophy is cool tho! Got some exp to level up too.

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
Apologies if it has already been answered, but do we know how many animal spirits are in the game?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
First boss is kind of a pushover. If he can't get his grab attack off you can almost kind of keep endlessly attacking him.

Edit: English dub is actually pretty good... But the lack of lip syncing makes cutscenes (at leas the one at the end of the first level) kind of weird feeling.

Last edited:

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
I wish I could jive with the Diablo loot aspect of this game, but I can't. For all the fans though, the improvements they made seem amazing! Looks like lots of love and insight were put into the new yokai stuff. Collecting cores seems so cool (if they didn't have levels...)

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Ok, it's late. I'm tired. I'm out of practice. But I keep hitting a wall with Gozuki. What's the secret? Dodging his swings is really hard and blocking kills your stamina fast.

any suggestions? :)

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Dawn of a dream baby. Tutorial boss had me pissed but the end mission boss was fun as hell. I missed you so much Nioh. Demon Horde DLC is also fucking sick dude

Deleted member 34725

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Any people who weren't too into Nioh 1 enjoying this one? I'm one of those huge soulsbornekiro fans that found Nioh to be kinda "meh". On the fence about picking this up.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Ok, it's late. I'm tired. I'm out of practice. But I keep hitting a wall with Gozuki. What's the secret? Dodging his swings is really hard and blocking kills your stamina fast.

any suggestions? :)

Stick close to his ass. Literally. You might have to switch left or right cheek but in general you're safer close up and not away.

Unless you're using a Feral demon form in which case you got to be careful being TOO close cause you'll dash pass him.

Also stay away from the walls.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone running a spear / Odachi combo? Think I'm switching it up from the kusarigama I mained in the first Nioh. Is it too late to consider a magic build and switch glaives? Still seven hours before Amazon delivers.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm probably missing something but why in the absolute hell does soul matching a purple with another purple cost 77k for a single level increase, I thought it was a bug in the beta but it's legit intended.

What?

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Just finished the first mission (took out the monster at the start too -- I'm guessing the DLC gear helped there lol). Good ol' Nioh, it's good to be back.

Maining the spear and the katana for now. I never really used the spear so this should be interesting.

thebigword

Oct 27, 2017
Beat the first mission. What an awesome experience! I'll admit, I didn't care for the Yokai powers in the alpha/beta mainly because I didn't take the time to learn, but I'm loving it now.