• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Yesterday I was watching a stream and the moment the player entered the Blacksmith you could hear his PS4 go into full jet mode so I suppose it isn't fixed.

It is unbelievable that they haven't addressed this. It would probably take them about 10 minutes to optimize the scene and/or cap the frame rate to fix it. It's a static environment for fucks sake.

The most frustrating part about it is that there is nothing the user can do to mitigate the problem. You can't mute your speakers to stop the roar, you can't try to place yourself in a different part of the environment that isn't so taxing so you can relax and use the menu without worrying that the more time you use the blacksmith menu the more likely your console is going to die an early death.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
I wear headphones and pretend my console is quiet. I also run a regular fan in the room for a slight white noise. Ignorance is bliss.

OP
OP
Noema

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Unlocks midnight EST.

9 PM PST.

10PM for me so I'll be able to sneak in an hour or two before going to bed tonight.

th

adz2ka

Nov 1, 2017
The other weapons seem underpowered?

I'm not sure, I think inevitably it will balance itself out.
For example I have an epic Sickle Spear that's full familiarity and blessed, and it's taking the same total hits to kill an enemy of equivalent level compared to a sword. Part of me wonders if they just made the sword easy to begin with for accessibility with newcomers, as the beginning of the game can be quite brutal. In the first level alone there's a fair bit of distance between the middle set of shrines.

Enjoying it more than Nioh 1 thus far after 3-4 hours or so.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not sure, I think inevitably it will balance itself out.
For example I have an epic Sickle Spear that's full familiarity and blessed, and it's taking the same total hits to kill an enemy of equivalent level compared to a sword. Part of me wonders if they just made the sword easy to begin with for accessibility with newcomers, as the beginning of the game can be quite brutal. In the first level alone there's a fair bit of distance between the middle set of shrines.

Enjoying it more than Nioh 1 thus far after 3-4 hours or so.

Uh oh. The brutal.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Can people playing on a Pro let us know how loud the fan gets?

The first one got so loud on the blacksmith screen it sounded like my console would die if I stayed on it for more than a minute. It made playing the game extremely unpleasant and stressful.

If this one is the same I'm going to definitely wait for the PC version.

I'm playing performance mode on Pro and it's silent.

Though my Pro is farily new so ymmv.

Unducks

Nov 4, 2017
I'm wondering if anybody can explain the multiplayer features - I'm looking for a game to play online co op with a friend, and it's hard to tell if this is an option. Is it like Dark Souls where you can summon someone else in briefly, or could I go through the entire campaign with a friend?

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Okay I wasn't expecting this but just from the first mission I'm really digging the set for this story of you and Hideyoshi travel around Japan trying to make a name for yourself.

If they keep him and the rest of your party more involved in the plot this would be even better than Nioh 1.

Also... Anyone else spent an hour just trying to kill Gozuki in the starting area?

Xypher

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm wondering if anybody can explain the multiplayer features - I'm looking for a game to play online co op with a friend, and it's hard to tell if this is an option. Is it like Dark Souls where you can summon someone else in briefly, or could I go through the entire campaign with a friend?
If it works like the first game, you have multiple options:

A) summoning as visitor, works like in dark souls, a visitor stays until either host, visitor or the mission end boss is defeated.
B) after clearing the first mission you can choose online coop from the "starting point" you don't have to clear a mission in order to play coop and thus you can proceed through all missions together. During coop you have a revive gauge, which depletes every time a player is killed and gradually as long as they are not revived. You recover some parts of the revive gauge upon interacting with a shrine for the first time. During this coop mode you are unable to level up during the mission, but may still level up in between the missions at the starting point.

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
trying to decide if I should get the disc from best buy, or use the 5 bucks credit I still have on my psn wallet and just get it digitally...

Unducks

Nov 4, 2017
If it works like the first game, you have multiple options:

A) summoning as visitor, works like in dark souls, a visitor stays until either host, visitor or the mission end boss is defeated.
B) after clearing the first mission you can choose online coop from the "starting point" you don't have to clear a mission in order to play coop and thus you can proceed through all missions together. During coop you have a revive gauge, which depletes every time a player is killed and gradually as long as they are not revived. You recover some parts of the revive gauge upon interacting with a shrine for the first time. During this coop mode you are unable to level up during the mission, but may still level up in between the missions at the starting point.

Good to know, thanks!

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Bought and played through the first mission, even though I was going to hold off (figured I need something grindy to keep my mind off all the virus stuff). Pretty good level, but it was a huge bummer
to find out the optional fight at the start is also the boss at the end :/ Got trophies for it at least.

Last edited:

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Bought and played through the first mission, even though I was going to hold off (figured I need something grindy to keep my mind off all the virus stuff). Pretty good level, but it was a huge bummer
to find out the optional fight at the start is also the boss at the end :/ Got trophies for it at least.

Not the same fight/monster, but definitely the same type.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Just read/watched some spoilers, and damn.
Regretting some tips I gave to some people since it seems that
it's both a prequel and a sequel

Hopefully I get the game delivered tomorrow, looking forward to spending a lot of time on it!

Oct 26, 2017
Gotta pop out for a few hours with the other half, tried switchblade again but still really seeing a point in it.
Currently having some fun with hatchets and Odachi.

Apart from the very first enemy everything i've played so far was in the betas, but first enemy was pretty good :--)

One thing standing out atm is how relentless mobs are, follow you across the whole dam map

VLIWuch6LHQPW4VKoqZwwMqa1rlOu9YK6vqWUWqvfArE1Z2te4aPT6CzJyf0ta_OM9UOiUKZDrVs70qtWnnWu9zqT4pHeaRrNmX6XGpD5snq7_yjf10lilguwuRkjztFIY0cUZfPeq0sH_243mQCGkjz1Ene23j438UZTKzAYTHKkjS_QBEn4Jn4MnO179ikaQBtffthrCdLDsXV7PfxSGRKcLyP9XSkKgG98Zs1fH8h5D0ix8sokI4UVy6UrHmEHgP9s0RktPEwD2pSvfoXt4q07LabDOZprY-21EOZag1S-VZxA-0XhZOxU7zCJ7FrPrWyahkGDNdv70-DW22skJSGbP6-7Vl5xZ81qlQneRkPBievuOPhAcbWefZNsDEvycBq1bbmaOJgn_Sr_hO9Sw6bMMns5jxkwyC1SeFC-2qdZNCiR-ylvUVYlDcnxAtQvWmPH6jMPmKmi1LCeF5baNhg5jBEfdu1ROQtqg3fOea-3u4EgkARBkemWxKJWPlrcqd35ZBM_zKUF5HQmoivJC5EAbSBDWGr7Lii3AHt7Vdz_oTYFwr3ah7t-DQfsn0-_rV0_PzLVLN9_EICz8ETwIGwKp45Jmnh4Fa8QoTA80bgP3ZmnTLy0qzj9ENl9dqW2mjkuO_B9cTY_sosiYom-KD8cgzKjMnFHwzhYXYHEA4e7Ra-UufRMjc=w600-h338-no

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
My week-end event got cancelled due to coronavirus concerns. It sucks, but... a silver lining means I do get to play this at launch :D

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
Gotta pop out for a few hours with the other half, tried switchblade again but still really seeing a point in it.
Currently having some fun with hatchets and Odachi.

Apart from the very first enemy everything i've played so far was in the betas, but first enemy was pretty good :--)

One thing standing out atm is how relentless mobs are, follow you across the whole dam map

VLIWuch6LHQPW4VKoqZwwMqa1rlOu9YK6vqWUWqvfArE1Z2te4aPT6CzJyf0ta_OM9UOiUKZDrVs70qtWnnWu9zqT4pHeaRrNmX6XGpD5snq7_yjf10lilguwuRkjztFIY0cUZfPeq0sH_243mQCGkjz1Ene23j438UZTKzAYTHKkjS_QBEn4Jn4MnO179ikaQBtffthrCdLDsXV7PfxSGRKcLyP9XSkKgG98Zs1fH8h5D0ix8sokI4UVy6UrHmEHgP9s0RktPEwD2pSvfoXt4q07LabDOZprY-21EOZag1S-VZxA-0XhZOxU7zCJ7FrPrWyahkGDNdv70-DW22skJSGbP6-7Vl5xZ81qlQneRkPBievuOPhAcbWefZNsDEvycBq1bbmaOJgn_Sr_hO9Sw6bMMns5jxkwyC1SeFC-2qdZNCiR-ylvUVYlDcnxAtQvWmPH6jMPmKmi1LCeF5baNhg5jBEfdu1ROQtqg3fOea-3u4EgkARBkemWxKJWPlrcqd35ZBM_zKUF5HQmoivJC5EAbSBDWGr7Lii3AHt7Vdz_oTYFwr3ah7t-DQfsn0-_rV0_PzLVLN9_EICz8ETwIGwKp45Jmnh4Fa8QoTA80bgP3ZmnTLy0qzj9ENl9dqW2mjkuO_B9cTY_sosiYom-KD8cgzKjMnFHwzhYXYHEA4e7Ra-UufRMjc=w600-h338-no

giphy.gif

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I was so close to pulling the trigger on the NZ version to play early but I'd be paying $15 more to do so. So I'm just gonna wait until midnight. :( I wasn't hot on the beta at all but I absolutely ADORED the first one and all of the impressions have my hyped to play this. It sounds like a real iterative sequel.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
The first side mission. What the fuck is it with that area that takes all your stamina away? I do like 1 attack with KI pulse and my bar is empty. Can't even dodge. Can I play?

Edit: Of course I figure it out right after posting

Last edited:

Deleted member 37739

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 8, 2018
The first side mission. What the fuck is it with that area that takes all your stamina away? I do like 1 attack with KI pulse and my bar is empty. Can't even dodge. Can I play?

Edit: Of course I figure it out right after posting

Yokai Realm is so daunting at first, but you get accustomed to it very quickly.