• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xypher

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Ah.

Makes me wonder if I should try and stick with non-elemental weapons for the most part.

Managed to craft a new divine (I think? It's got that +1 on it) last night that is 129. No element but has a general +Melee attack damage.
Divine gear is green, in this one even exotics (purple) can have + levels on it. You only start dropping divines after clearing the main story.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The hard parts of this game are hard for wrong reason - cheap grab moves (lot's of hidden enemies even on the trees) with insta deaths, terrible enemy placement with most annoying enemies in some side missions etc. I find that it doesn't matter what gear i wear i get one or two shotted quite often. Main missions are breeze in comparison. Really weird game. Balance is ass for now.

lol disagree

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
I'm in late game now and I don't remember the last time I was stuck on a boss for so long.

Shibata is fucking insane. Tips please.

I feel like everything this dude does is a one-shot.

Last edited:

Xypher

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Yes. You always need the material +# value to be greater or equal to the item being boosted. And no matter what values you match, it can only go up a single digit so no using a +5 as a material to boost a +2 (based on Nioh 1, I haven't reached Divines here).
It works mostly the same, but there is one new feature, "remodelling", which allows you to change the scaling of + weapons.

Skyball Paint

Nov 12, 2017
My face when Iai Quick Draw 3 lets me chain into it after a Ki Pulse:
gzfy1bez4t311.png

Anyone know how Tempest and Mind's Eye actually work?

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
My face when Iai Quick Draw 3 lets me chain into it after a Ki Pulse:
gzfy1bez4t311.png

Anyone know how Tempest and Mind's Eye actually work?
Tempest works exactly like the skill says it does. If you hit L1 right after you break a humans Ki and don't have any moves chained, you do the sword lock and push them to the ground with nice damage on top. The timing is very, very tight. It is best utilized in a chain with Backwave II, which makes it a truly godlike anti-human killer move.

Minds Eye is a strange one and quite technical. It essentially adds an effect to the dual blades low stance dodge where if your dodge fails to get you out of the attacks hurtbox by the time its I-frames end, it chains a small extra twirl to it that gets more I-frames and in the case of Minds Eye II, gets you that attack boost. Intentionally activating it is quite the skill-check, but you can just consider it being extra I-frames on the low stance dodge.

Oct 27, 2017
So, are there any available tips for this game for someone that isn't very good at it?
I'm decent at Souls games in general, though I was best at Bloodborne. I even played the first Nioh and got a decent way in, but this one is just fucking me up even before any bosses. I don't know if I just don't have a good handle on the mechanics or what- I think the whole ki pulse thing doesn't Make sense to me, not that it did last time either but it seemed less troublesome for some reason.

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you to first mission of region 2 for giving me a boss fight that I managed to defeat in first try. I had more trouble with the acrobatic Yoki in a side mission afterwards.

Oct 25, 2017
The stupid hammer bitch with the 1 leg and 1 eye is top tier garbage enemy.

I dread everytime that garbage comes on screen.

Piece of crap enemy.

Garbrenn

Oct 30, 2017
The God damn
Tatarimokke
kicked my ass so much, the dark realm phase was incredibly stressful. Took me six tries which is way more than any other boss so far.

Deku_o4a

Oct 27, 2017
After main mission 2 region 2 the Aberrant Soldier is my most hated yokai in the game thus far. Dudes eyesight is far too good. He can spot you from miles away.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
The hitboxes of the first mission boss in region 6 are pure bullshit. Been at this for an hour and got him down to under 10% health twice, only for that grab to one shot me.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
How big is the patch? I'd hate to want to play later tonight only to be hit with a big patch. Thanks.

Raspada

Oct 27, 2017
Being able to gain proficiency faster for your non-main weapon is a great addition, I was about to try some other weapons after using tonfa for a while.

Jake2byFour

Oct 28, 2017

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
There's some good tracks in the game btw, big improvement over Nioh 1 (region 3 boss)

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
So, are there any available tips for this game for someone that isn't very good at it?
I'm decent at Souls games in general, though I was best at Bloodborne. I even played the first Nioh and got a decent way in, but this one is just fucking me up even before any bosses. I don't know if I just don't have a good handle on the mechanics or what- I think the whole ki pulse thing doesn't Make sense to me, not that it did last time either but it seemed less troublesome for some reason.

Ki Pulse is like active reload in other games, when you do a melee combo your stamina decreases but leaves behind a red bar

Pressing R1 when you see it fill up will regen your stamina bar for the amount that it fills up. If you do it at the optimal timing (when the bar is completely fill up) your ki pulse can dispel the dark pools left behind by yokai enemies.

Other visual indicators are the swirling white light around your body.

Alternatively, the timing usually is around 1 second to 1.5 seconds, so just internalize it.

Oct 27, 2017
Ki Pulse is like active reload in other games, when you do a melee combo your stamina decreases but leaves behind a red bar

Pressing R1 when you see it fill up will regen your stamina bar for the amount that it fills up. If you do it at the optimal timing (when the bar is completely fill up) your ki pulse can dispel the dark pools left behind by yokai enemies.

Other visual indicators are the swirling white light around your body.

Alternatively, the timing usually is around 1 second to 1.5 seconds, so just internalize it.

That's helpful thank you, I remember getting the hang of it in the last game but maybe it's just been so long since I've played it that this feels different for some reason. Seemingly it isn't, I'm just not finding the flow of it all yet. It's comical how much I'm struggling with even some of the non-boss style large enemies, I know I didn't have this much of an issue with the last game so quickly.

Res

Oct 25, 2017
There's some good tracks in the game btw, big improvement over Nioh 1 (region 3 boss)

I think the ost is a general improvement over the first game so far. However, I haven't encountered one as good as Okatsu's theme yet(which is the best theme from nioh 1 imo)

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
That's helpful thank you, I remember getting the hang of it in the last game but maybe it's just been so long since I've played it that this feels different for some reason. Seemingly it isn't, I'm just not finding the flow of it all yet. It's comical how much I'm struggling with even some of the non-boss style large enemies, I know I didn't have this much of an issue with the last game so quickly.

It's normal, I had this issue when playing the beta thinking my time is over. But the second time around when I played the beta I realize just a bit of enemy knowledge makes all the difference. You just need to know which monsters you have to play safe and which ones you have to rush down.

Another advice i would give is to learn and get used to the new burst counter system. It would make your life so much easier once you incorporate it into your fights.

Also this is a good guide for beginners.