• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Love the thread title.

I preordered the digital deluxe edition, can't wait for Friday. I'm super hyped about the game.

Qurupeke

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to it. The demo was really fun with a much improved art direction compared to the original, even though the graphics aren't so hot on base PS4. Hopefully there's decent level variety, but at the very least I hope it's a slightly better Nioh.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
I like that you can change the appearance of any weapon and armor for free, as often as you wish. One thing Assassin's Creed Odyssey did right. Tbh it's easier in Odyssey, but at least Nioh 2 lets you do it without some stupid, arbitrary resource requirement. They also let you use the full CC anytime. Something rarely done in other games and makes no fucking sense.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
it's gonna be hard to decide which three stats I would want a permanent buff to at the start of the game since I'm planning on jumping between builds

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Shit, totally forgot that this launches this week...
Need to get through Ori quickly...

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Might not be able to wrap up Nioh 1 in time, but I'm in for Friday's release. Nice going into a sequel without being rusty.

Aztorian

Jan 3, 2018
Nioh 2 is so much better than the already awesome first game. Team Ninja really nailed it. Maining the new Switchglaive and it's just amazing. Usually opening with a heavy throw on duel hatchets before switching to the Switchglaive. Unlocking the weapon switch/attack on ki pulse will result in some brutal combos if timed right. Damn this game is difficult but it's soo freaking rewarding when you nail these awesome combos!

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Nioh 2 is so much better than the already awesome first game. Team Ninja really nailed it. Maining the new Switchglaive and it's just amazing. Usually opening with a heavy throw on duel hatchets before switching to the Switchglaive. Unlocking the weapon switch/attack on ki pulse will result in some brutal combos if timed right. Damn this game is difficult but it's soo freaking rewarding when you nail these awesome combos!

Switchglaive and Hatchet have good synergy? I want to run with then, but I think spear is more suited to having the switchglaive as my main weapon. Still not 100% sure on which weapons I'll main

Aztorian

Jan 3, 2018
Switchglaive and Hatchet have good synergy? I want to run with then, but I think spear is more suited to having the switchglaive as my main weapon. Still not 100% sure on which weapons I'll main
I've been running this combination since pretty much my 3rd or 4th hour in. I think they have a good synergy in the sense that the hatchets are nice for throwing to open the fight. Easy switch to Switchglaive to keep the enemy at a close distance. There's a certain attack on the Switchglaive that lets you leap over the enemy, switching back to hatchets quickly after will let you do some insane amounts of damage in mid/low stance depending on your available ki. So yea. I absolutely love this combo.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I really liked the Odachi. Tonfa are fun too but they don't really fit my style much. I'm probably going to do odachi and dual swords, but I might try spear this time.

I put about 250 hours into the base game at release, prior to the Odachi, and didn't really play with it until I bought the game again on PC. It was basically everything I wanted in a weapon except for not having a parry (loved the Tempest/Haze cheese with the Katana), but now that's been rectified and it too has a decent parry that leads to a ground attack.

Really enjoyed it in the demo, but alas, I want to extreme cheese my first playthrough with Ninjitsu again, so I'll probably use my second favorite weapon, the Kusarigama. Not sure what to pair it with though. I'll be raising both skill and dexterity, so maybe the Hatchets. Tonfas might be better, but I don't particularly care for them yet. Or maybe I'll just say screw it and use the Odachi, scaling be damned until later when I can somewhat add it. I really like weapons with a parry, and using it for a quick knockdown > reaper probably still works well.

I am kinda trash at these kinds of games but I will give it a shot. I've beaten similar games before such as Bloodborne, which was really cool, and Sekiro, which was one of the worst games I have every played. I can do it!

Silav101

Oct 26, 2017
Hypeeeee.

Imma yokai parry me some fucking shitbirds as revenge for that one stupid mission where the devs thought fighting 3 of them plus a demon wheel was a fun time.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
What will be everyone's 2 weapons of choice to start out? I'm thinking of going Katana and Dual Swords, can't beat the ol' reliable.

Garbrenn

Oct 30, 2017
Lived the first one so much I grinded the Platinum for it (the less spoken about Meeting on the Other Shore the better) so I'm all on for this one. Not sure on the Platinum yet though my blood pressure might not be able to do a round two.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I saw some videos and this guy was destroying bosses with kunais doing 500 damage per hit. What's the trick to do that?

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I ended up pretty lukewarm on the first game but the idea of a samurai Souls-like is just irresistable to me, and I think I personally ended up enjoying my brief time with Nioh more than my brief time with Sekiro overall.

I think I'm gonna eyeball this one for a sale later down the road, keep my ear to the ground on impressions and even some gameplay tips for my potential jump in later.

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say there's no bad combo so you'll be fine. Pretty well rounded weapon with the katana while the odachi is good reach + strenght.
I never played the DLC for Nioh 1, so I never got to use the Odachi there and I really liked it in the beta for Nioh 2. The katana is just my most used weapon from nioh 1 and what I feel most comfortable with. It looks like they have complimentary enough scaling to be a good match up for my playthrough.

Odachi scales b+ with strength, d+ with heart. Katana scales b+ with heart and c with strength. So I'd mainly go for Strenght, Heart and Constitution, and heavy armor.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I think I'm going with Katana/Switchglaive. Doesn't pair that well stats wise but fuck that, we Bloodborne now.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
I've got this baby pre ordered I also skipped all demos this time want go in fresh (plus I got bored playing first stage in Ni Oh due to the demos). Even skipped all trailers they had my money soon as announced a sequel.
You pick starting class this time right? Sure I heard you pick starting classes now so can jump straight being a ninja is this correct?

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Is it even required to use 2 weapons? Any benefit to it? I only used Katanas in the first game.

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
I've got this baby pre ordered I also skipped all demos this time want go in fresh (plus I got bored playing first stage in Ni Oh due to the demos). Even skipped all trailers they had my money soon as announced a sequel.
You pick starting class this time right? Sure I heard you pick starting classes now so can jump straight being a ninja is this correct?
The game laughs at the very concept of classes so I'm not quite sure where you got that picture. The only thing set in stone are your starting stats that are a point higher than the rest. After that, it is the exact same free-balling that was in Nioh 1.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
The game laughs at the very concept of classes so I'm not quite sure where you got that picture. The only thing set in stone are your starting stats that are a point higher than the rest. After that, it is the exact same free-balling that was in Nioh 1.

I was expecting Dark souls pick a class for stats then change straight away that's what I was hoping for best thing about Nioh was flipping play styles when I wanted

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
I'm interested in two things:

1) Are the co-op partners random or can you choose who you want to co-op with?
2) Does it have respeccing like the first game?

Either way, I'm hoping for my copy to arrive tomorrow/Friday. I loved the first game although the post-game kicked my ass big time!

Talos

Mar 5, 2019
Great OT. Will there be a way of getting samurai skill points outside of simply levelling up? Need my ki pulse on dodge and flux. Hope there are samurai hair locks in the full game but demo didn't have them 😢

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm interested in two things:

1) Are the co-op partners random or can you choose who you want to co-op with?
2) Does it have respeccing like the first game?

Either way, I'm hoping for my copy to arrive tomorrow/Friday. I loved the first game although the post-game kicked my ass big time!
1) You can host an expedition and invite 2 friends
2) Yes

So, we know 3 DLCs are coming with new weapons, like in the first game. I wonder what they'll be and I'm hoping there's claws type weapon for some hand-to-hand combat!

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
1) You can host an expedition and invite 2 friends
2) Yes

So, we know 3 DLCs are coming with new weapons, like in the first game. I wonder what they'll be and I'm hoping there's claws type weapon for some hand-to-hand combat!

Thanks! Nice to know, although I don't mind doing some co-ops with randoms either.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I like that you can change the appearance of any weapon and armor for free, as often as you wish. One thing Assassin's Creed Odyssey did right. Tbh it's easier in Odyssey, but at least Nioh 2 lets you do it without some stupid, arbitrary resource requirement. They also let you use the full CC anytime. Something rarely done in other games and makes no fucking sense.

Unless they changed it since the trial, it does cost you currency to change armor and weapon appearances. It's just that it's overall very cheap and unless your spending money all of the time it shouldn't be an issue.

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
I feel like such an idiot, because I just remembered I have Nioh downloaded on my PS4 but haven't played it since release. I need to hook that sucker up for my vacation.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Will wait until It releases on PC.

I liked the naked tonfa Gameplay, but too many games are coming.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
I saw some videos and this guy was destroying bosses with kunais doing 500 damage per hit. What's the trick to do that?
Nioh is a game where there are so many builds you can do. Some which are hilariously broken.

Basically it is a kunai build where you get gear that has stats that boosts your throwing weapon damage and various other damage boosting stats.

I always say Nioh shouldn't be just be compared Soulsborne games. It is a cross between Soulsborne and Diablo. So people complaining about the loot system in Nioh are basically missing the point of the game.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Damn it, I had stupidly assumed a PC version would be coming out very soon too if not day one since they got over the porting hump with the first game, but is it seriously not coming until November?