• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Wow clear metal I really appreciate you taking the time for this. Will dive deeper and take those routes

I really do hate the snake ladies the most

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
No problem! I had fun doing it.

One thing I forgot to mention: make sure to look for Kodama to return to the shrine. The more there are at a shrine, the more elixers you start out with without having to tap into your own stock. I'm not sure if I found all of them in this level, but I started with 7 elixers by default, with an empty stock.

If you need help finding Kodama, you can look for equipment that has the "Kodama Sensor" buff. Kodama will then show up as green dots on the mini map once you get close to them.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Daaaamn that detailed walkthrough. ClearMetal putting in the work!
ok wierd

I did a brute burst counter, the big gaki was open and stunned for a grapple, and I briefly turned into a yokai and did a cinematic yokai grapple. My gauge was only like 60%....and I turned right back into a human.

How did I do that?
Yeah that confused me at first too. If I'm not wrong, this happens when your Burst Counter reduces the enemy's ki to zero AND you hit the grapple button fast enough (though less sure about that, I think I triggered it with just the attack button a few times maybe? not sure). If you wait even half a second it will just do a normal attack on the ki-depleted enemy, IIRC, but if you press instantly after doing the counter you'll see this brief yokai grapple animation and it does tons of damage.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Saito Toshimitsu. Why.
Gonna leave him for now and come back later when I'm stronger and get sweet revenge on this fucker. An absolutely maddening and evil boss design.

What kind of person designs a boss that has no stagger at all, has unlimited onmyo magic that he can quick fire, evades all the over the damn place, can cross gaps in a millisecond, has variable combo strings and do burst attacks that are next to impossible to counter and don't allow you to capitalise on it if you do manage it.

Gahhh. He can suck a whole army of yokai dicks

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Started tallying my Koroku kills. 28 so far, with Second Wind dropping twice and Water Drop once. No smithing texts, as per usual.

This is on top of the previous ~50 kills with multiple Wind and Water drops.

Worst kills are the ones when multiple purple "bags" drop, only for them to be highest quality ingots or leather cords. Get the fuck out of here with that crap, I want that armor text!

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
55 kills, calling it quits for today. Total must be over a 100 kills by now. Second Wind dropped 6 times and Water Drop ~4 times. Still zero texts.

Are all (boss) smithing texts this rare? I get that I'm not endgame level of farming efficiency yet, but this is ridiculous.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
55 kills, calling it quits for today. Total must be over a 100 kills by now. Second Wind dropped 6 times and Water Drop ~4 times. Still zero texts.

Are all (boss) smithing texts this rare? I get that I'm not endgame level of farming efficiency yet, but this is ridiculous.

Rare, but you can increase with kodama blessong and item drop and high luk

DPB

Nov 1, 2017

If you want to find out how many times you've killed him, it's shown in the gameplay record in the titles section of the menu screen.

Which smithing text are you trying to get? I had much worse luck trying to get skills - Imagawa Yoshimoto dropped nearly every yokai weapon text before I got Windswept.

Duebrithil

Oct 25, 2017
Started this a couple of days ago and managed to reach Mezuki without too much trouble. Doesn't seem like to hard of a boss but the ghost faces it shoots mess me up pretty good in the Yokai realm. Good dodge timing practice I guess.

The controller layout is pretty dense though, any recommendations for the back button attachment? Currently have X mapped to the left paddle and R1 to the right.

heathen earth

Mar 21, 2020
I'm currently looking for the smithing text for the One-Eyed Dragon's Armor. I know where to get the text, but does anyone know if it drops in NG or NG+? I haven't progressed far enough in NG+ to fight that particular boss.

OP
OP
Noema

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Started this a couple of days ago and managed to reach Mezuki without too much trouble. Doesn't seem like to hard of a boss but the ghost faces it shoots mess me up pretty good in the Yokai realm. Good dodge timing practice I guess.

The controller layout is pretty dense though, any recommendations for the back button attachment? Currently have X mapped to the left paddle and R1 to the right.

You should map stuff that usually takes your thumb off the left stick (since the game has lock on the right stick isn't as crucial). That means d-pad shortcuts.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I just got "Faster Winded Recovery" on a piece of my armour and oh man, its a huge difference. Running out of KI is barely a problem anymore

Duebrithil

Oct 25, 2017
You should map stuff that usually takes your thumb off the left stick (since the game has lock on the right stick isn't as crucial). That means d-pad shortcuts.

You are absolutely right. I'll try switching between presets on-the-fly and see of it's too much trouble.

In the end I went to kill Gozuki before attempting Mezuki. I figured a fight without the ghost faces and the Yokai realm switch would be good practice and in the end it paid off. Afterwards I faced Mezuki with much more confidence in dashing vs. evading and that made surviving the projectile attack trivial, which in turn gave me more Ki leeway and allowed me to keep the pressure up on Mezuki better.

Interesting how a little adjustment made the fight that much easier.

heathen earth

Mar 21, 2020
In my farming / expedition session yesterday I fought Imagawa Yoshimoto twice and both times his AI was apparently broken. He didn't do anything but guard and use his burst attack. Anyone else seen this? It was pretty weird. Productive session all in all though, I got Imagawa's smithing text and a Yasakani Magatama. I'm thinking of switching back to katana after using tonfa for a long time, just for variety. Or maybe dual swords. I got the Ultimate Sign of the Cross special ability. The proficiency grind is making me hesitate though.

If anyone needs help with anything, feel free to hit me up. My PSN ID is in my profile.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
If you want to find out how many times you've killed him, it's shown in the gameplay record in the titles section of the menu screen.

Which smithing text are you trying to get? I had much worse luck trying to get skills - Imagawa Yoshimoto dropped nearly every yokai weapon text before I got Windswept.
The Kawanami clan armor text.

I dig the looks, so I figured I might get them early if I farmed Koroku for a little while. Emphasis "little". 😭

Rare, but you can increase with kodama blessong and item drop and high luk
So ~100 attempts (and counting) isn't unusual when farming rare boss drops?

I've had the blessing since the beginning and looted a Kodama Bowl about halfway in for even better blessings. I can't actually see the blessing in my status screen, though. Is that normal?

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, here we go. Click images for bigger:

ypGuq1t.jpg

9iF2AbQ.jpg

CBtJ7ok.jpg

This is just one example of such an ambush. There are more of them, both in this level and in subsequent missions.

f4iPb47.jpg

Follow the path leads to a large clearing:

0dGQQkS.jpg

Downstairs:

gFQyACD.jpg

There's one Sohaya dude between you and the shortcut to the 2nd shrine

JU9BBAC.jpg

Go back to the entrance to the pit. Take a moment there to scout for enemies and the like.

5uIvbMf.jpg

The view at the 1st snake statue:

2GnPlXm.jpg

Next there's a poison pool with a Nure-Onna in it. You can... ignore it.

afdaSdp.gif

See? She doesn't give two shits about me running past her. This is a super important thing that's true for Dark Souls and also true for Nioh: you can ignore many enemies simply by running past them. As long as you don't come too close, they won't aggro.

Moving on.

fvxgJCN.jpg

Ignore the dark realm for now and fight the Ippon-Datara. Kick down the ladder immediately after. This ladder can be accesses straight from the beginning of the pit (since the Nure-Onna there won't respawn).

Now it's time for the Dark Realm. Noticed the shrine at the entrance of (1) in the image above? Ignore it. Instead...

kPSaHN4.jpg

tpWtIE8.jpg

Now enter the Dark Realm behind it.

kobAZKm.jpg

Stand at the edge of the ledge and look down. Oh boy, sure are a lot of enemies there. Do I really have to fight them all?

Nope:

This is true for the Nure-Onna before the boss room as well. Wait until she has her back turned towards the path and simply run straight past her. Sure the Gaki (and possibly the slime) did aggro, but even then you can outrun most enemies, so I was able to get to the shrine and pray before they became a problem.

With this 3nd shrine unlocked, you can focus on exploring and clearing out all the enemies in the pit if you so please. Do make sure to explore the side caverns in the pit area, since one contains a snake statue that needs to be destroyed.

I hope this helped!

Ue6PQGS.jpg

This is a great guide. I'm in that mission now as well. Made it up to the pain in the ass boss. Any pointers?

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
This is a great guide. I'm in that mission now as well. Made it up to the pain in the ass boss. Any pointers?
Take it slow and steady.

Keep your distance so the tail spins and grab attacks won't reach you, dodge any ranged attacks by sprinting out of reach or rolling through them, and counter his Burst attacks with your own Burst Counters. Since you're far away, you should have plenty of time to react to any of his attacks.

When he does his "snakes in the ground" attack, that's your cue to start sprinting towards him. Don't stop sprinting until the second head has popped out of the ground. If you're close enough to his body (you should be) you can now hit him a couple of times. If possible try to position yourself near the snake arms so you can damage those as well (try high stance if your attacks don't reach high enough).

Since you're now in range, the boss will retaliate with either a tail spin or a grab attack; dodge them and return your original safe distance until he does pumps his arms into the ground again. Rinse and repeat.

In Dark Realm phases focus on taking out the snakes first. They're fairly stationary while the boss chases you, so don't be afraid to sprint around the entire arena just to create some distance between the boss and the two snakes. If you want to play it safe, you can even ride out the entire phase by sprinting away from the boss the entire time; as long as you hit him (or the snakes) at least once, the boss will eventually leave the Dark Realm and you can go back to baiting out the "snakes in the ground" attack.

Again, patience is key. This goes for every boss in the game, I think. You instinctively feel like you should get close and try to deal damage as fast as possible, but developers know this and they design bosses to punish this sort of behavior. Instead be patient, learn a boss's patterns and try to prey on any openings they leave.

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
What's the best way to farm exp around level 85-90? I'd been using the "A Formal Invitation" mission to get around 40k every 30 seconds or so, but I think I've taken that one to the point that it's no longer very efficient since I need 300k / level or so.

All of the other good ones (e.g. Golden Nation, and the one where you fight Mezuki and Gozuki at the same time) seem to only really work well on NG+.

Oct 25, 2017
Take it slow and steady.

Keep your distance so the tail spins and grab attacks won't reach you, dodge any ranged attacks by sprinting out of reach or rolling through them, and counter his Burst attacks with your own Burst Counters. Since you're far away, you should have plenty of time to react to any of his attacks.

When he does his "snakes in the ground" attack, that's your cue to start sprinting towards him. Don't stop sprinting until the second head has popped out of the ground. If you're close enough to his body (you should be) you can now hit him a couple of times. If possible try to position yourself near the snake arms so you can damage those as well (try high stance if your attacks don't reach high enough).

Since you're now in range, the boss will retaliate with either a tail spin or a grab attack; dodge them and return your original safe distance until he does pumps his arms into the ground again. Rinse and repeat.

In Dark Realm phases focus on taking out the snakes first. They're fairly stationary while the boss chases you, so don't be afraid to sprint around the entire arena just to create some distance between the boss and the two snakes. If you want to play it safe, you can even ride out the entire phase by sprinting away from the boss the entire time; as long as you hit him (or the snakes) at least once, the boss will eventually leave the Dark Realm and you can go back to baiting out the "snakes in the ground" attack.

Again, patience is key. This goes for every boss in the game, I think. You instinctively feel like you should get close and try to deal damage as fast as possible, but developers know this and they design bosses to punish this sort of behavior. Instead be patient, learn a boss's patterns and try to prey on any openings they leave.

Thank you. I wasn't doing these things at all. Gonna give it a go later tonight.

heathen earth

Mar 21, 2020
What's the best way to farm exp around level 85-90? I'd been using the "A Formal Invitation" mission to get around 40k every 30 seconds or so, but I think I've taken that one to the point that it's no longer very efficient since I need 300k / level or so.

All of the other good ones (e.g. Golden Nation, and the one where you fight Mezuki and Gozuki at the same time) seem to only really work well on NG+.
Best way I've found to farm XP around that level was by doing expeditions. I've never had to wait more than thirty seconds or so to get a group, and it's nearly risk-free to you as a visitor. You can always just branch out if you get a low level mission, but you can also specify one of the higher level ones.

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
Best way I've found to farm XP around that level was by doing expeditions. I've never had to wait more than thirty seconds or so to get a group, and it's nearly risk-free to you as a visitor. You can always just branch out if you get a low level mission, but you can also specify one of the higher level ones.

In my experience doing expeditions, we almost never finish the entire mission so it cuts the exp by half. Also a lot of people are terrible and since you can't really coordinate, people will just run into large groups of mobs and wipe everyone. Maybe I just had bad luck or I'm doing it wrong, but it seemed pretty discouraging.

OP
OP
Noema

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
I got more Amrita than I knew what to do with by joining other people as a visitor (not in expeditions). Like, literally millions.

heathen earth

Mar 21, 2020
I got more Amrita than I knew what to do with by joining other people as a visitor (not in expeditions). Like, literally millions.
How does this work? I've only ever done expeditions, but I want millions of amrita, lol.

I'm revising my opinion of the katana. It puts in some work once you get some good skills, like Iai Strike third rank and Flowing Shadow. I'm kind of embarrassed to admit it, but I have a lot of trouble with parry timing. I know the katana has great parry potential and I can pull it off sometimes, but I'd really like to be able to do it consistently like I've seen some people do. If anyone has any tips, I'd really appreciate it.

By the way, if anyone needs anything from Imagawa, he's still broken. Super easy to kill now. Not that he was hard before exactly, but he's very minimal effort now.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Is it possible for loot to despawn? I continued farming Koroku after a three day break and just now I thought I saw something purple drop, but it was gone when I arrived to pick it up.

It was likely just a visual glitch or just my imagination, but now I can't help but wonder if that was the text I was farming... 🤔

heathen earth

Mar 21, 2020
Helped another player all the way through Pervading Waters last night and s/he salted me out immediately before Gyuki. Not gonna lie, I got a little heated. It made me wish you could blacklist other players, but if there's a way I don't know it.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
~125 Koroku kills, yet another Water Drop... drop. From now on I will just complete the mission instead of reloading the last checkpoint before the boss fight. With Water Drop out of the way, maybe his rare drop pool is smaller now, meaning he's likelier to drop the text.

Not sure if it works that way, but it sure doesn't hurt. Plus if I replay the entire mission I can hopefully get a Kodama core from the Sudama in that level.

Speaking of which, I need to collect the last few remaining Kodama in the region already. Every little percent helps at this point.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
My heart sank when I saw that the Pervading Waters mission gave the Ravenwing Rifle as a reward. Because I knew that meant that the fucking flying rifle guy from the first game was back and yeepppppp hes kicking my ass once again! Eurgh.

He completely counters my onmyo magic build with all his evading and taking pot shots, he's a really cheap enemy and its so annoying

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Just received a Kodama Soul Core from a Sudama, plus I collected all the Kodama in the region. 25 + (0.30 x 25) = 32,5% increased material droprate now.

One more day of farming and if the text hasn't dropped by then... well, I will have to call it quits at some point.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I made a really great accessory last night through tempering and I cant wait to use it when I get back on the game next.

It gives:
Increased Ki recovery after using an elixir
Onmyo Magic Life Drain AAA+
Defense Bonus: Magic (bumps the defense from 27 to over 110)
Burn infliction up

The Ki recovery is super helpful, The life drain is incredible considering I have 21 magic shots readied and the defense speaks for itself considering I'm a squishy mage. The burn infliction rate up is helpful but I may change it eventually

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
These gauntlet style side-missions can go fuck themselves.

Also call me paranoid, but it feels like the game randomly messes with your burst counter range. I just got run over twice by a Waira because my burst counters fell a millimeter short of connecting. One time? Shit happens. Two times? Get out of here.

heathen earth

Mar 21, 2020
Is it me or is Warrior of the West gear really hard to come by? Shuten Doji refuses to drop the pattern and I'm having no luck picking up pieces through regular farming. Now Flying Kato's on the other hand? So many drops. I've got Kato flying out of my ass.

OP
OP
Noema

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Is it me or is Warrior of the West gear really hard to come by? Shuten Doji refuses to drop the pattern and I'm having no luck picking up pieces through regular farming. Now Flying Kato's on the other hand? So many drops. I've got Kato flying out of my ass.

I tried farming Flying Kato's for like two hours and it didn't drop. The game fucking knows

Every single revenant in Dream of the Strong wears it so it was no biggie though.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
> Plays "A Way Out" for the first time.
> Hey look an inconspicuous and totally safe bridge over a deep ravine.
> Multiple headed monstrosity casually strolls into view.
> Me:
tenor.gif

I tried farming Flying Kato's for like two hours and it didn't drop. The game fucking knows

Every single revenant in Dream of the Strong wears it so it was no biggie though.
If Monster Hunter World has taught me anything, it's that the desire sensor is real. The drop chances of any given (rare) item are inversely proportional to your desire to obtain it.

Which is probably why I haven't received the Kawanami smithing text yet, despite ~175 Koroku kills. Though in this case I am starting to believe the text simply doesn't drop in this mission, despite the fan-made loot tables and Fextralife page (which I checked beforehand) suggesting otherwise.

I had fun farming, but I can't help but feel this entire endeavor has been a giant waste of time.

Thank you kind Sir! Looking forward to jumping back in tonight. That battle song for Yatsu when his health bar is almost depleted is incredible! One of the best I've heard.
Grats on the kill!

Gotta say I personally find the music one of the game's weaknesses so far. It does its job, but I haven't heard anything that really made an impression.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Owl is finally dead. That boss was not fun, plain and simple. At least I immediately got its core...

As much as I like games that don't hold your hand, Nioh 2 takes it a bit too far in regards to its mechanics. I still don't know what some of the icons in front of equipment skills mean, for example. Now this Tea Utensil and clans feature has unlocked and you're only given the barest of explanations. Game is in dire need of a proper glossary.

I admit I haven't been dilligent in killing revenants, but please tell me you get to earn more glory as you progress through the game? I've read the teahouse is the best source of rare mats, but at these costs I'm better off farming them the old fashioned way.

heathen earth

Mar 21, 2020
Yeah, you'll end up getting a lot more glory. I got most of mine through clan battles, leaving my benevolent grave and doing expeditions. I've spent many thousands gambling in the teahouse looking for a Wave Swimmer sword and Warrior of the West armor.

Speaking of which, 30 Shuten Doji kills today and no luck. I'm considering working on a different build at this point.

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
Glory scales with the level of revenants, plus you get more for defeating ones that are allied with the opposing side to your clan (red or white) and there are weekly rewards every Tuesday.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Thanks, that's good to hear.

I guess I should drop benevolent graves more often. I assume it's a passive thing, as in anyone who summons it simply receives an AI controlled copy of my current build to fight along with them? So far I haven't paid attention to the network features at all, aside from fighting the occasional revenant.

Speaking of which: I ran into a couple that got summoned automatically? One time inside a Dark Realm in a side mission and a second time tonight in the A Way Out main mission. The first one surprised me and actually Yokai Shift grappled me. 😰

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks, that's good to hear.

I guess I should drop benevolent graves more often. I assume it's a passive thing, as in anyone who summons it simply receives an AI controlled copy of my current build to fight along with them? So far I haven't paid attention to the network features at all, aside from fighting the occasional revenant.

Speaking of which: I ran into a couple that got summoned automatically? One time inside a Dark Realm in a side mission and a second time tonight in the A Way Out main mission. The first one surprised me and actually Yokai Shift grappled me. 😰
The ones that get summoned are because of the Boku Boku enemy, the monk playing an instrument. You can hear it really clearly if one is nearby, if you can hear the sound when you approach a red grave it will start to go yokai and be summoned to fight you, if you are quick enough you can move away and it won't get summomed.

There is usually a side path you can follow to get a drop on the yokai but sometimes you might just have to fight a revenant.

There was a really annoying level in the first game where there was one behind a locked door and graves everywhere, so they kept getting summoned while you were fighting the yokai that get thrown at you, it was awful

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I would pay good money for the option to dye my armor.

Anyway, took down Magara Naotaka in three attempts. Fun boss, if a little easy. Got lucky because he immediately dropped a unique Odachi skill, Swirling Snow.

Still not feeling the story at all. I guess it really relies on the player's knowledge of Japanese history and the way many of these characters appear and act in popular culture. Aside from the most famous names I really don't recognize anyone, so most NPCs and bosses might as well be entirely fictional, barely fleshed out characters.

I actually have a book about Japanese history, but I haven't read it yet. It actually dedicates quite a few pages to the careers of Oda Nobunaga and his successor, a fellow going by the name of Hideyoshi. Huh. 🤔

The ones that get summoned are because of the Boku Boku enemy, the monk playing an instrument. You can hear it really clearly if one is nearby, if you can hear the sound when you approach a red grave it will start to go yokai and be summoned to fight you, if you are quick enough you can move away and it won't get summomed.

There is usually a side path you can follow to get a drop on the yokai but sometimes you might just have to fight a revenant.

There was a really annoying level in the first game where there was one behind a locked door and graves everywhere, so they kept getting summoned while you were fighting the yokai that get thrown at you, it was awful
Ah, so that's what that enemy does. I thought it was odd how they were positioned at out-of-the-way spots only to die instantly to a headshot.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Kasha was by far the easiest boss in the game but her soul core/yokai ability is absolutely busted. It literally shreds through enemies and heals you with every hit (and it hits a lot!)
I'm using the shark guardian spirit as my secondary one which gives life drain on yokai ability hit, as well as an ability that does the same in the Shiftling skill tree, as well as the effect being on Kasha's soul core as well. I can literally just toss it out and facetank any boss because it heals me faster than they can do damage while destroying their HP and Ki.

I also have some stacked abilities that increase my anima gauge whenever I hit an enemy with onmyo magic so I can use the yokai ability every 2 hits or so, its insane

heathen earth

Mar 21, 2020
A couple days and 50+ Shuten Doji kills later and I'm officially giving up on this one. It seems the Warrior of the West armor is just out of my reach. I read that they had actually increased the drop rate of smithing texts!? I don't know how much I believe that, really wish there was some better system. I'm gonna try a dual swords build later since I have all of the Master Swordsman's set. I have the Ultimate Sign of the Cross ability already so that gives me a little bit of a starting point.

Oct 26, 2017
A couple days and 50+ Shuten Doji kills later and I'm officially giving up on this one. It seems the Warrior of the West armor is just out of my reach. I read that they had actually increased the drop rate of smithing texts!? I don't know how much I believe that, really wish there was some better system. I'm gonna try a dual swords build later since I have all of the Master Swordsman's set. I have the Ultimate Sign of the Cross ability already so that gives me a little bit of a starting point.

Have you tried Daidara Bocchi? Apparently all legacy Smithing Texts can drop from either Shuten Doji, Otakemaru, Daidara Bocchi and Lady Osakabe, but I'm very inclined to trust this list. My last Smithing Text was a legacy one (Shima Sakon's armor), and the list says it drops from Otakemaru, but since I had gotten a ton (like, a ton) of Smithing Texts from farming Otakemaru both in In the Eye of the Beholder and Calamity's Pulse I didn't think it'd drop from him, so I spent a couple of days farming the other bosses and it never dropped, then I went back to killing Otakemaru not expecting anything and got the text on like my 3rd kill.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Are you farming the right boss? According to one of the comments on Fextralife on Shuten Doji's article he can drop them, but both the the wiki and a smithing text spreadsheet from Reddit list Daidara Bocchi as the sole source.

Wish there was an official guide that lists each boss, their drops and the drop rate.

After 25 kills you think 'OK, low drop rate, bad RNG, gotta keep at it'. But after 100 kills you start to doubt the text exists in the first place.