• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SlasherMcGirk

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati
Hey team ninja! When are you going to update the game to be able to steal the flying swallow move the ninja dojo master does. I wanted that shit since nioh 1 and sword could use a another cool skill.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah you can. But Brute, Feral, Phantom guardian spirits got different timing on their counter. Which one are you using ?

Phantom. I've hit him a couple of times but usually I just seem to bump into him and nothing happens. Other times the counter just goes in the wrong direction completely because of the camera swinging around as I trigger it.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
That's strange... Phantom is the one where you parry while staying in the same place. Don't you mean Feral, the one where you make a dash toward the enemy ?
Oh yeah, that's the one.

I'm thinking maybe it's just a difficulty of that counter with some types of attacks, it's got a fast start up but struggles with enemy attacks that move a lot if you're locked on.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah, that's the one.

I'm thinking maybe it's just a difficulty of that counter with some types of attacks, it's got a fast start up but struggles with enemy attacks that move a lot if you're locked on.
Yeah, with Feral you have to make the dash during the enemy active frame attack, so it can be a bit tricky depending of the opponent. You'll get used to it.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, with Feral you have to make the dash during the enemy active frame attack, so it can be a bit tricky depending of the opponent. You'll get used to it.

The timing on several of these combos seems intended to punish mashing the dash, as if you get hit once and keep dashing, you'll get hit by every hit, so the player has to be a bit more intentional about the timing.

MrGiraffe

Feb 27, 2020
70 hours later, finally finished this!

That was a great ride. The trick to keeping it varied was keeping switching weapon types throughtout. By the time I finished the last mission, I had a good 7 or 8 weapon types ate 120,000 affinity, while always maintaning a Switchglaive as the main weapon in a pinch.

All that said...

wow wow wow this is the most nonsensical story I've maybe ever seen in a game. I skipped no cutscenes, I paid attention, and I have no idea what really happened.

SlasherMcGirk

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati
Whats with accessories dropping defense. I will equip one that is level 160+3 that adds 91 defense. I go to temper it and play a mission them i see the defense dropped to 60. All of my old accessories have better stats than it now. What gives? Its driving me mad.

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
I need something to play after FFVIIR. Is this game harder than Nioh 1? I was cool with that difficulty. Anything harder might be a bit much for me.

Gizmo

Oct 27, 2017
San Diego
I would say that the difficulty is pretty similar. It has a lot more systems than Nioh 1 and I found the game much better for it.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Whats with accessories dropping defense. I will equip one that is level 160+3 that adds 91 defense. I go to temper it and play a mission them i see the defense dropped to 60. All of my old accessories have better stats than it now. What gives? Its driving me mad.
If you temper an accessory, it's dropping to 60 - 71 defense. You'll see this right at the temper screen.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Game is part of the Deal of the Week in the PS Store, at least the European one. Both regular and deluxe versions are €20 cheaper.

I wanted to wait until a bigger sale, but the more I see about this game, the more I want to play it. Funny the difference a custom protagonist can make, since I had no trouble skipping Nioh 1 altogether.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like it was already there in the first opus, but I didn't play it, so here is another technique to kill your hands even more :

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
Game is part of the Deal of the Week in the PS Store, at least the European one. Both regular and deluxe versions are €20 cheaper.

I wanted to wait until a bigger sale, but the more I see about this game, the more I want to play it. Funny the difference a custom protagonist can make, since I had no trouble skipping Nioh 1 altogether.
The character creator is pretty good itself too. You can also fully redo and save your creations from the hut on the world map which is great.

Definitely worth the purchase if you like this type of game.

OP
OP
Noema

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty

The character creator in this game is mind blowing.

And yes, play this game. It's truly remarkable.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
The character creator is pretty good itself too. You can also fully redo and save your creations from the hut on the world map which is great.

Definitely worth the purchase if you like this type of game.
The character creator in this game is mind blowing.

And yes, play this game. It's truly remarkable.
Sounds good!

Civ 6 receives a big update today, so I am going to check that out first. But I look forward to picking up Nioh 2 in a couple of days.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
Played for a couple hours last night, finished the first level with no deaths! Game is fantastic so far, but is there no way to switch to Japanese voices?

NegroNinja

Oct 27, 2017
Any tips for combat because it's just not clicking for me so far. I'm on the second stage and getting trashed by Yokai. Humans are easy but Yokai seem to randomly switch between stun locked and hitting me in the middle of my combos.

I chose the basic katana and the kusarigama as my starting weapons. The kusarigama is fire so far and I'm loving it. The katana not so much. Low stance doesn't seem to do enough damage, high stance is slow as fuck and middle just seems trash.

What am I doing wrong?

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
Any tips for combat because it's just not clicking for me so far. I'm on the second stage and getting trashed by Yokai. Humans are easy but Yokai seem to randomly switch between stun locked and hitting me in the middle of my combos.

I chose the basic katana and the kusarigama as my starting weapons. The kusarigama is fire so far and I'm loving it. The katana not so much. Low stance doesn't seem to do enough damage, high stance is slow as fuck and middle just seems trash.

What am I doing wrong?

Most Yokai don't stagger until you deplete their ki first, so try dodging behind them and then attacking. Once you've depleted their ki, the purple bar will turn red and you'll be able to continuously attack them until they recover and leave a Yokai realm pool on the ground.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I haven't really had experience playing Souls games. The closest to that genre/complex of a game I've played is Monster Hunter World & Iceborne (I have around 300 hours in and really love).

Is this game overly difficult? It looks interesting and I like the setting. Honestly I don't want to die a lot, just something chill to play for awhile and saw it was deal of the week on PSN.

Haven't played any soulsborne games, and I've mostly been disinterested in them because of how frustrated my friends get because they constantly die in them. Thanks.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I haven't really had experience playing Souls games. The closest to that genre/complex of a game I've played is Monster Hunter World & Iceborne (I have around 300 hours in and really love).

Is this game overly difficult? It looks interesting and I like the setting. Honestly I don't want to die a lot, just something chill to play for awhile and saw it was deal of the week on PSN.

Haven't played any soulsborne games, and I've mostly been disinterested in them because of how frustrated my friends get because they constantly die in them. Thanks.

If you hate dying, play something else. It's a great game - my GOTY so far- but you'll die a lot. Once you get good, it's not that bad. It's just a while to get there.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
If you hate dying, play something else. It's a great game - my GOTY so far- but you'll die a lot. Once you get good, it's not that bad. It's just a while to get there.
Thanks! Maybe when it gets to like $20 I'll check it out then. I'm okay with dying in games, but not like to the points where my friends get really mad like dark souls.

Monster Hunter is fine for me, though. But I did the entirety of that game + iceborne solo, only MP after I beat the quests.

I guess what I should say, is I'm okay with difficulty, but I'm not in the mood to experience something excruciating difficult.

Thank you!

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017

I havent played Nioh 2 yet and dont really have patience for souls games but i can tell you sekiro is the game you want to play not this. Sekiro has no stamina meter and makes the game about blocking and 1 hit stealth kill attacks. I actually got to the final boss in that game. Its much easier in my opinion then nioh 1 and bloodborne, while delivering awesome samurai action.

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
What mission(s) yall use to power level to lvl 300? I beat NG+ already and im current lvl 225.

OP
OP
Noema

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty

What am I doing wrong?

Like someone else mentioned, it's not random. Your main goal with Yokai is to try and drain their Ki. Once they have no ki, all of your attacks will stagger them. If you try to wail on them while they still have ki, the bigger Yokai will just smash you in the face.

So play cautiously, dodge their attacks and punish, use burst counters and once they are at zero ki, go all in.

Also, don't hesitate to pick another weapon if you don't like the ones you're using now. You are not locked into using any weapons.

Oct 25, 2017
What mission(s) yall use to power level to lvl 300? I beat NG+ already and im current lvl 225.

before the newly added content it was the mission with the last boss, since it's fairly short, have good amount of enemies, and it's also good for farming gears.

still took a long ass time though. I primarily focused on getting +10 on my gears (haven't happened) and got to 300 by accident.

if youhaven't already, make sure you use the spell that gives you Amrita when you hit enemies. Makes it far easier

NegroNinja

Oct 27, 2017
Most Yokai don't stagger until you deplete their ki first, so try dodging behind them and then attacking. Once you've depleted their ki, the purple bar will turn red and you'll be able to continuously attack them until they recover and leave a Yokai realm pool on the ground.
Like someone else mentioned, it's not random. Your main goal with Yokai is to try and drain their Ki. Once they have no ki, all of your attacks will stagger them. If you try to wail on them while they still have ki, the bigger Yokai will just smash you in the face.

So play cautiously, dodge their attacks and punish, use burst counters and once they are at zero ki, go all in.

Also, don't hesitate to pick another weapon if you don't like the ones you're using now. You are not locked into using any weapons.
Cool thanks for the help guys. Also when it comes to leveling certain stats say they help certain weapons. If I haven't been putting points into that stat should I use the weapon?

OP
OP
Noema

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Cool thanks for the help guys. Also when it comes to leveling certain stats say they help certain weapons. If I haven't been putting points into that stat should I use the weapon?

Generally you should allocate your stats to benefit the weapons you are using. There's a threadmark in the thread that indicates which stats benefit which weapons and to what degree, since weapons benefit from more than one stat. This allows to have synergy between your two weapons.

8lRx7W1.png

Of course, since you are still figuring out the game, you can't really be expected to know which weapons you like. So my recommendation would be: forget about stats for a bit and try out the weapons. Pick the ones you like the best and then build your character around them; not the other way around. You can always respec using a Book of Reincarnation.

For beginners, I feel the Odachi is a good choice, since it has a lot of reach, hits really hard, has good crowd control and scales with strength, which allows you to wear heavy armor which in turn gives you damage mitigation and tenacity (which determines how easily enemies stagger you).

Oct 25, 2017
I was waiting to play this because I'm currently at my parents house for some time and I have to use their 1080p tv instead of my KS8000. I saw it on sale yesterday and decided to not wait any longer. I'm in the first mission still and haven't reached the boss but I already like it more than og Nioh. I didn't finish og and was contemplating finishing it before I play part 2. I'm so glad I didn't wait.

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
I notice that I can't Soul Match an orange inheritable onto a weapon/armor piece sometimes...and I'm not sure why despite the sacrifice being at max familiarity. What exactly are the requirements for an orange inheritable to work, and what can stop it from working?

Last edited:

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
Why does late-game medium armour have to be so incredibly heavy? There's sets I want to use, but some are even heavier than actual heavy armour sets. I've been putting lots of points into stamina, but it feels like a waste when it does nothing for the attack of weapons I use.

Tempering - effects category table

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I notice that I can't Soul Match an orange inheritable onto a weapon/armor piece sometimes...and I'm not sure why despite the sacrifice being at max familiarity. What exactly are the requirements for an orange inheritable to work, and what can stop it from working?
It's because you have already on the armor/weapon a special effect of the same group of the one you want to put in it. Here is the table :

docs.google.com

Nioh2_TemperTable

Melee Familarity,Familarity 0,999,0,999 Life Drain,Life Drain (Quick Attack),22,24,Attack Ki Consumption,Melee Attack Ki Consumption,-5.4%,-5.6% Life Drain (Melee Attack),20,22,Melee Ki Consumption (Critical),-7.2%,-7.4% Life Drain (Final Blow),201,251,Active Skill Ki Consumption,-6.7% Life Dra...

Basically, you can't have 2 special effects of the same group.

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
It's because you have already on the armor/weapon a special effect of the same group of the one you want to put in it. Here is the table :

docs.google.com

Nioh2_TemperTable

Melee Familarity,Familarity 0,999,0,999 Life Drain,Life Drain (Quick Attack),22,24,Attack Ki Consumption,Melee Attack Ki Consumption,-5.4%,-5.6% Life Drain (Melee Attack),20,22,Melee Ki Consumption (Critical),-7.2%,-7.4% Life Drain (Final Blow),201,251,Active Skill Ki Consumption,-6.7% Life Dra...

Basically, you can't have 2 special effects of the same group.
No wonder. Just used the table and yeah the weapon does conflict with an orange inheritable I have. Thanks for clearing that up

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
No wonder. Just used the table and yeah the weapon does conflict with an orange inheritable I have. Thanks for clearing that up
Same principle when certain special effects never appear in the tempering page. It's because the the weapon/armor already got a special effect of the same group.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if I'm able to get the Special edition armor again at some point? I wanted to get rid of them for now from my inventory.