• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
I think it was the same with Nioh 1. It makes sense that they'd want to drip feed the difficulties since they can tie them to additional content as the game moves along.

I thought so too. I didn't play Nioh 1 at launch but played the complete edition in 2019 instead. I thought I would be motivated to experiment multiple builds, but now the game just feels too easy once you crack it with a build, not to mention the time consuming part of grinding and earning skill points.

even tho I hated the harder difficulties in Nioh 1 at times, it made me evolve my builds since some simply won't work (eg pure magic or living weapon). That gave me motivation to keep trying.

for this game right now, I would have preferred NG+2. I think that would have been a good balance.

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
Man, farming for weapon proficiency, I'd forgotten how dumb the axe is. Heaven and Earth (which you can get with your first skill point) just melts everything. Now I remember why I used that weapon in Nioh 1 so much.
I completely ignored the axe in Nioh 1, so I decided to make my build around it for this game and have been using it almost exclusively. Yep, turns out it's pretty much easy mode (if you can manage your ki properly), but it's fun.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that the re-match VS Shibata is in a MUCH SMALLER room than the first encounter is hilarious, like a big troll by the devs ah ah ah.

After a little adaptation I wrecked him third try though, nearly perfect .

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That last mission of the Twilight chapter was basically just the last mission during the 5th chapter of the first Nioh. It ain't even funny how uninspired it was. From both a story and gameplay standpoint. Like fucking identical.

Luckily, I don't fucking care because this game is too good. Just an observation, though.

Daxter01

Nov 3, 2017
Beat Otakemaru on second try almost beat him with the first, I thought he was supposed to be the hardest boss of the game. Giant snake, the Owl and kashin koji were harder by a wide margin

Defunkled

Oct 29, 2017
I'm stuck on the Katsuie fight in Chapter 5 and I've been trying to summon for almost an hour but to no avail. Would anyone be able to help me? When I summon an AI they get killed in about 5 seconds.

Last edited:

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Beat Otakemaru on second try almost beat him with the first, I thought he was supposed to be the hardest boss of the game. Giant snake, the Owl and kashin koji were harder by a wide margin
Nah anyone who says he's the hardest is trippin. I've never died in that fight.

TBH the things that have killed me the most are riflemen and spear dudes.

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
I laughed so hard in the "Eye of the Beholder"-mission, when

William and Mumyo pushed Mezuki (or was it Gozuki?) to the water from the small platform (Yokai Mist-fight). Didn't know it was possible! Bye bye loot, though.

Oct 25, 2017
I have discovered the joy that is tonfas, especially when you imbue it with poison and Tonfa fun. It's fun to dash all over the place. I don't remember it being this fun in the first Nioh

cmdiego

Oct 25, 2017
I keep wanting to help and place benevolent graves down, but a limit of three bums me out. One has helped 90 times so that is cool.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
The High-Spirit Demon remains the hardest mission overall I think (even if the boss is really easy), I remember it being a total pain in NG, and in NG+ I've been breezing but so far it's the only NG+ mission that gave me trouble.

You could likely even forge them, but not matter how they are generated, they are very, very rare. Highest level missions have the best chances of dropping them, but even there they are far far away from being a common occurrence.
It's weird, why is everything at level 160, except the rare 170? What happened to 161, 162 etc. Just weird that you can do 160+1, +2 etc. but then nothing between 160 and 170.

I also got my very first 170 drop in Calling on the Fire God, a level 200 mission. It was a weapon type I didn't main, but at least I can soul-match it. My Otegine+4 (water-imbued spear) s now level 170 with B- scaling in Constitution, by far my strongest weapon. O_o

Speaking of lousy RNG, the skill drops can kiss my ass. I got exactly 2 skill drops so far (one time in NG, and once in NG+ just now, that's it). At least the first one was for a weapon I did use, but the 2nd one was for a weapon I didn't main. Bleh. Why lock skills behind super rare RNG drops? Ridiculous.

As an aside, I apparently got the Plat yesterday. Huh. So ringing those bells did do something after all. I completely missed that you could ring them in NG (tried hitting and it did nothing, but I accidentally discovered that a strong attack did ring them when redoing the mission in NG+) and I was wondering what it did, it seemed kind of useless. I was hoping it'd weaken the boss or something.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
So the Hanzo in this game is totally the Giant Toad in Ni Oh 1 right? Hanzo Hattori is a title
not a name, uses a spear this hanzo has a pipe in his loading scenes also using name Hanzo the Demon and the Ni Oh 1 character list said his father was called Hanzo the ONI (demon/devil). Plus this Hanzo mentions he has a son during a side mission.

so this Hanzo is totally Giant Toad I'm only upto the dream map so this probably gets revealed later but in case it not thought I throw it out here

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
So the Hanzo in this game is totally the Giant Toad in Ni Oh 1 right? Hanzo Hattori is a title
not a name, uses a spear this hanzo has a pipe in his loading scenes also using name Hanzo the Demon and the Ni Oh 1 character list said his father was called Hanzo the ONI (demon/devil). Plus this Hanzo mentions he has a son during a side mission.

so this Hanzo is totally Giant Toad I'm only upto the dream map so this probably gets revealed later but in case it not thought I throw it out here
You are correct.

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
Beat the game and finished the first main mission in NG+.

1) I miss the ninja mansion level from Nioh 1 with hidden passages and ninjas waiting for ambush. I wish this game had something similar but no. Most of the time levels felt very unvaried, but they weren't bad. I disliked The High-spirited Demon though.
2) Enemy variation on the other hand was great enough compared to first game.
3) No bullshit double boss fights so far. By this I mean human boss gank fights where their weapon skills have 3x range and damage compared to player's counterparts. I hope future DLC won't add any of this either.
4) Sohaya Garb-set is awesome and carried me through most of the game. I really want to get their divine versions now.
5) Sometimes it felt like they didn't even try with the story presentation

Love this game. Time to start working for good builds.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Loving this game more and more everyday and I'm still in Soaring. Finally got my one attempt boss, hope to see more difficult ones soon.

Defunkled

Oct 29, 2017
Is it just me or does this game drop inputs somewhat regularly? Especially when it comes to using elixirs. I also feel like it's happened when using a light attack. Completely unacceptable for a game like this where even the smallest missed input can lead to a death.

OP
OP
Noema

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty

Is it just me or does this game drop inputs somewhat regularly? Especially when it comes to using elixirs. I also feel like it's happened when using a light attack. Completely unacceptable for a game like this where even the smallest missed input can lead to a death.

There's certainly some weirdness in the way the game buffers actions, and it's very noticeable with Elixirs. It doesn't seem to be dropping the input since the Elixir icon gets highlighted, it just doesn't do the action since apparently the game thinks you're doing something else and it doesn't buffer it.

Finnroth

Oct 27, 2017

I also experience this regularly - I believe something cancels the inputs somehow, but I am not sure what. At first I thought it might be my controller, but this problem still exists after switching it out.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Any tips on farming Ninjutsu proficiency? Specifically trying to get the Mystic Art trophy as I want to platinum the game before going all in on NG+.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Any tips on farming Ninjutsu proficiency? Specifically trying to get the Mystic Art trophy as I want to platinum the game before going all in on NG+.
1) Spam bombs. Even the bombs you can pick up mid-level count towards procifiency, so let 'em rip.

2) Invest in the skill that can give your weapon poison coating. Not too many things in the game resist poison, so, it's also an effective way to fight, as well.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
If you have Quick-Change scroll it's not bad either. Use it consistently before a difficult encounter, it might even save your life.

Bearwolf

Oct 27, 2017
Beat the game with and axe/odachi build and had a good time. Are there any early ng+ builds that are op and fun? I didn't get that -1 to set requirement accessory to drop from the last boss. Where do you get those?

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
Beat the game with and axe/odachi build and had a good time. Are there any early ng+ builds that are op and fun? I didn't get that -1 to set requirement accessory to drop from the last boss. Where do you get those?

It's a NG+ accessory. Last boss only drops it in NG+ I believe. There are other methods to get it, though.

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
On top of what others have said, use Catwalking scrolls. Killing enemies while it's active should give you a decent boost in proficiency.

johnro

Dec 8, 2017
I finished Nioh 1, Sekiro , Bloodborne, Dark Souls 1 and 3. All of these was a fun and nice experience.
But Nioh 2 is harder, longer /tedious and more time consuming than any of the above.
If they are going to make Nioh 3 i for one will skip that one and won't buy it.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
I finished Nioh 1, Sekiro , Bloodborne, Dark Souls 1 and 3. All of these was a fun and nice experience.
But Nioh 2 is harder, longer /tedious and more time consuming than any of the above.

This game is nowhere harder than Sekiro. it is even easier than Nioh 1.

Garbrenn

Oct 30, 2017

I found Sekrio and Nioh 1 much harder than Nioh 2. I would say of all the soulsborne style games it's probably one of if not the easiest.

johnro

Dec 8, 2017
I found Sekrio and Nioh 1 much harder than Nioh 2. I would say of all the soulsborne style games it's probably one of if not the easiest.

Than is very strange. Maybe i need to change my control or something ( 4 years old) or i have lost all my patience for this type of games.
I find that the bosses from Nioh 2 very difficult compared to ones from similar games, each one requiring to learn its specific move set.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
This game is easy. I used the axe and it cut through everything. Maybe it's harder with different weapons or you're leveling the wrong stats

beginning of the game was hard. But it gets easie.

ced

Oct 27, 2017
I can't get a summon for hours on what I think is the last level. It's like it got broken on the last patch I've been having lots of issues with it since then.

If anyone is playing and can help out let me know.