• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
...and done!
iy9eL3B.jpg

That soul searcher trophy was something else (fukk maelstrom oni bi), thankfully any souls that you've gotten rid of still count towards it.
Congrats. I haven't gone gone for that platinum but I ended up getting the soul core trophy without actually specifically grinding for it, guess I got lucky,

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats. I haven't gone gone for that platinum but I ended up getting the soul core trophy without actually specifically grinding for it, guess I got lucky,
For sure! I'm through NG and NG+ but never got the lightning and maelstrom oni-bi souls yet. I haven't farmed them but I mean from naturally playing through missions.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you. Indeed you were lucky to have gotten the soul searcher without grinding, it took literally 6 hours to get just one maelstrom oni-bi soul with a soul drop rate of 33%. Thankfully I didn't have grind much for other time consuming trophies like the tea appraisal one as I earned a ton of utensils over normal gameplay.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
Best way grind weapon proficiency is it just do stages or certain stage for it only just upto final mission on area 5 I think it was Komaki and Shizugate battle now it all red

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
I'm kind of glad for not using Yokai abilities during my playthrough. Would have been disapointed to all nerfs :D

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
They buffed other yokai abilities though, and now the casting speed mystic art is faster so that's fun.

Here's translated patch notes.

pastebin.com

Nioh 2 - 1.08 Patch Note - Pastebin.com

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
HOLY HELL FAST CAST ON ONMYO IS NOW FAST.

I was taken aback when I saw my barrier talisman just instant cast. I bet I can chain magic stuff in the item canceling ki pulse stuff now.

Edit: after trying it, I save so little time animation canceling with a ki pulse it might not even be worth it.

They made some of those already good soul cores even better. The Magatasu core I was using I already loved for the damage/stamina damage it did. Now it does more damage and essentially has no recovery after the last attack.
Sounds like they brought everything that was weak up, and everything that was too strong down.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Noema

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
This new patch will sure come in handy when it finally comes to farming to the soul cores that I'm still missing. In 90 hours of play I'm yet to see a Lesser Umi-Bozo Soul Core drop.

Also it's great that they buffed the Onmyo mystic art. I'm assuming that it works like it did in Nioh 1 now? It was so fast the game would omit the animation. Your weapon would just change color on your back without even unsheathing it, ha.

Some other pertinent change that I noticed is the buff to the Switchglaive Mystic Art. While I love the damage increase from racking up the stance change combos, the final energy release at level 5 seemed very underwhelming. It had a very slow start up an hit like a wet fart. I'm looking forward to trying it out now.

I'm almost done with NG. It's probably taken me longer than anyone else in this thread but spent way to much time doing co-op and dying to bosses with my lvl. 50 character. Thankfully after the nightmare that was Ryomen Sukuna I haven't really struggled with any boss all that much (15 deaths at most).

Can't even get Magara to half his health, smh. Also it would be neat if any of the dropped weapons are actually for the classes that I use.

Have you tried farming revenants? They are a great source of gear early on. You can actually see the weapon each revenant uses before summoning them, and they have a chance of dropping them.

As for Magara, most of his attacks have a lot of recovery, so dodge through them and punish him after he whiffs. If you are using Ninjitsu, Caltrops are very useful at slowing him down, and poison will also soften him up. If you are using Onmyo, Devigorate talisman to take the edge of him will also be very helfpul. And purification talisman will just melt through his Ki.

Last edited:

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
I started farming last night for the last soul cores i need for the trophy, and today patch 1.08 gets released, which increase the drop rate of the soul cores that i was missing. Good timing, as it made it take less (potentially a lot less) time to grind. Got the platinum trophy now :) Looking forward to see what the DLC brings.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've only just started using the yokai abilities more frequently so I ain't at much of a loss. I personally like the Ubume and Kasha abilities.

1. Kasha Soul Core
  2. increase the damage dealt, lower the amount of anima used

Y'all are sleeping on this cool ass soul core that is about to get better.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is there any goal in NG+ except to platinum and build up your character? Like, is there really hard content to tackle or is it a waiting game until DLC?

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any goal in NG+ except to platinum and build up your character? Like, is there really hard content to tackle or is it a waiting game until DLC?
There's nothing new contest wise in NG+, the first game eventually added a 999 floor dungeon thing but there's nothing like that yet.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There's nothing new contest wise in NG+, the first game eventually added a 999 floor dungeon thing but there's nothing like that yet.

Ok, perfect. I'll wait for that. Didn't want to leave Nioh for another game if there was more to do. Nioh 2 is my goty so far. So much fun.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Yokai Shift still feels useless lol

Honestly, I feel like this Odachi build is the most powerful out of the builds I have and all of them are optimized - Poison Dual Swords, Onmyo Anima, Ninja, and Pwar's Apocalypse build. Moonlit Snow one shots literally every non-boss enemy and kills every boss in 2-3 Moonlit Snows, and it has hyper armor and good survivability through heavy armor and loads of auto-healing. It's just a bit boring.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Finished NG+ last night. Really surprised that there is currently no other additional difficulties, kind of feels less incentive to grind and try out new builds. Gonna try to plat.

OP
OP
Noema

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Finished NG+ last night. Really surprised that there is currently no other additional difficulties, kind of feels less incentive to grind and try out new builds. Gonna try to plat.

I think it was the same with Nioh 1. It makes sense that they'd want to drip feed the difficulties since they can tie them to additional content as the game moves along.

cubistic

Oct 27, 2017
Finished my Nioh 2 build yesterday... so I reinstalled Nioh 1. Now I'm rebuilding my ethereal set from scratch. :|

Dammit why are these games so good.

X-Frame

Oct 25, 2017
So I finally got to the mission to get Obsidian Armor and whoa man, putting on a full set took my Axe damage and like tripled it instantly. I need to get used to C agility and managing Ki better though. Are my only options for right now to keep pumping into Stamina until I get into B agility?

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
So I finally got to the mission to get Obsidian Armor and whoa man, putting on a full set took my Axe damage and like tripled it instantly. I need to get used to C agility and managing Ki better though. Are my only options for right now to keep pumping into Stamina until I get into B agility?

well im near the end and I have stamina at 50 I think. I dont think anything is over 25 in any of the others.
early you may not want to forget Ki stats though

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
As for Magara, most of his attacks have a lot of recovery, so dodge through them and punish him after he whiffs.
Magara is basically the most Souls-like boss of the game, IMO. It really felt like playing Dark Souls or Bloodborne again.

I mean, if you want to wear the full set but want B agility... yeah. Maybe some points in Strength also reduces the equip load (I think it did in Nioh 1, not sure if it does in 2), but pumping Stamina is your way to go.

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
My newest hatred in this game people dumping benevolent graves in hot springs and in front shrines or doors where you need press the O button

I hated in one sub-mission where they put an item only obtainable when you are standing on a trap trigger. There were bunch of revenant graves on the switch so it took me some time with moving around slightly to be able to loot the item from a body. Thankfully the trap didn't re-trigger while standing on a switch, otherwise it'd been a hell trying to get it without summoning a revenant.

OP
OP
Noema

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Well, the buff to the Onmyo mystic art doesn't make it as fast as it was in Nioh 1 (which frankly was a little ridiculous). But it certainly faster and I now prefer it to the extended duration mystic art.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Did the patch change it so ki flux is easier to perform on tonfa and demon dance?
It did in fact do this.
Yokai Shift still feels useless lol

Honestly, I feel like this Odachi build is the most powerful out of the builds I have and all of them are optimized - Poison Dual Swords, Onmyo Anima, Ninja, and Pwar's Apocalypse build. Moonlit Snow one shots literally every non-boss enemy and kills every boss in 2-3 Moonlit Snows, and it has hyper armor and good survivability through heavy armor and loads of auto-healing. It's just a bit boring.
Yeah it's not too hard to get to a very strong build that kind of just makes things boring for now.

Also this is a thing now wow lol.

Oct 30, 2017
The bosses are technically more fun and less frustrating than in N1 but fuck me do they just have never ending health bars.

Also there's some nasty difficulty spikes. Bird In A Cage is a mission I never wanna play again.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the game and wow the last few missions with the bosses were so damn good, I have to hand it to the Nioh team and the amazing soundtrack.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Looks like Otakemaru's damage got nerfed by about 25-30% on my anima build.

Still a point and click brainless build tho

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Who thought giving that pig bitch all that health was a good idea. I ought to slap you until your eyes pop out.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Managed to collect the last two soul cores I needed for the trophy. I only need Omnyo Magic/Ninjutsu mystic arts.

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
Lady Osakabe is such an awful fight. Dark phase destroys me. I can't beat this boss :/

EDIT: I take it back. Managed to survive through the dark phase. Then cannoned the hell out of her in second normal phase from all way back. Didn't have to worry about beams anymore either. I'm glad the fight is over :D

Last edited:

arit

Oct 29, 2017
Sure, why not have a large high-mobility boss with minions in a small room? Depending on sight is overrated.

OP
OP
Noema

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Man, farming for weapon proficiency, I'd forgotten how dumb the axe is. Heaven and Earth (which you can get with your first skill point) just melts everything. Now I remember why I used that weapon in Nioh 1 so much.