• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Bird in a Cage is probably the only mission I legit think is shit and I'm thankful there are no side missions taking you back there.

OP
OP
Noema

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
So before each boss fight I see the people I summon use the same magic buffs prior to the fight but I'm confused what the best buffs are as a magic build. Rejuvenation talisman, protection talisman...then I'm lost. Any help would be appreciated.

Barrier Talisman is probably my go-to, not just for bosses but for harder enemies in general. Increases Ki regeneration AND automatically dispels Ki Pollution.

Purification Talisman casts purity on a weapon for a bit, which deals additional Ki damage to Yokai. Not very useful against humans though.

Not Onmyo, but I also like power pills (on the Ninjitsu tree) for a bit of extra damage.

Bird in a Cage is probably the only mission I legit think is shit and I'm thankful there are no side missions taking you back there.

I don't hate it, but it's definitely not my favorite either. Also, last night a bunch of people kept summoning me to that specific mission over and over and it's awful for co-op if the host doesn't know the way.

I also did the Twilight Mission version and I actually enjoyed it more, I think. It was pretty tense.

Oct 27, 2017
Barrier Talisman is probably my go-to, not just for bosses but for harder enemies in general. Increases Ki regeneration AND automatically dispels Ki Pollution.

Purification Talisman casts purity on a weapon for a bit, which deals additional Ki damage to Yokai. Not very useful against humans though.

Not Onmyo, but I also like power pills (on the Ninjitsu tree) for a bit of extra damage.

Thank you! Just reworked my magic setup and I appreciate the guidance

OP
OP
Noema

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
You might also want to put some point into Divination Talisman. Shows you treasure, enemies and Kodama on the compass. Makes navigating levels so much easier, specially because this game is in love with ambushes.

I play a squishy so I always carry like 6 Devigorate Talismans with me. It's often the difference between getting one-shotted and having a fighting chance.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
You might also want to put some point into Divination Talisman. Shows you treasure, enemies and Kodama on the compass. Makes navigating levels so much easier, specially because this game is in love with ambushes.

I play a squishy so I always carry like 6 Devigorate Talismans with me. It's often the difference between getting one-shotted and having a fighting chance.
Quick Change scroll is a life-saver too, especially when you can get 3-4 casts (you do need a few points into ninjutsu, make sure to get the ninjutsu skill that ups your capacity too). I might have had hundreds of deaths but I would have had wayyyy more without it lol.

So far in NG+ I didn't die once, but Quick-Change triggered a few times. So, yeah.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone want to give me a hint on where to find the Yasakani Magatama?
The only guaranteed drop is from the final boss in NG+.

There's a way to farm it in NG+ in the Abduction side mission in the Dawn region. You loot the first body surrounded by Gaki in the building and see if it drops one if not don't pick up the accesory, then reset at the shrine and check again. Only changes once so you need to quit to the map after that.

OP
OP
Noema

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
From r/Nioh. The Pope with his +10 Bloodspider Blade.
vy9arpl4n1r41.jpg

Quick Change scroll is a life-saver too, especially when you can get 3-4 casts (you do need a few points into ninjutsu, make sure to get the ninjutsu skill that ups your capacity too). I might have had hundreds of deaths but I would have had wayyyy more without it lol.

So far in NG+ I didn't die once, but Quick-Change triggered a few times. So, yeah.

Oh yeah, I always forget about Quick Change!

cubistic

Oct 27, 2017
Just beat NG+ and I've seen ONE orange inheritable on a non-ranged weapon during my entire Nioh 2 run. They've got to ease up on the rarity of it.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Disagree, Glaive is insane with the Wind Flux,etc and Switch Stances skills.

Early - mid game it's meh but late game by Region 5 it's amazing.
Switch stances are cool but I don't feel like it offers that much more than the standard Flux you can do with other weapons aside from the one that switches to low stance. My issues with it are mainly that the ender attacks aren't all that strong and the block+triangle and block+square moves are relatively weak.

InternHertz

Oct 25, 2017
Brussels, Belgium
Does anyone know the maximum Shiftling proficiency level, and how many Soul Fragments it requires?

I'm very curious to know...
It's a ridiculous amount in any case O_O

Edit, 5 hours later: it seems it's Lv70, needing 12.000.000 Soul Fragments...oh boy :)

Last edited:

X-Frame

Oct 25, 2017
Hey all!

I seem to have chosen Odachi as the weapon I want to focus on. I'm Level 47 -- and according to some guides I see online I should prioritize Strength but also put 10 in Body, Heart, Courage, and Stamina, with a few extra into some of the Ninja skills if I wanted to carry more items.

Does that sound right? Because I am looking at FightinCowboy's recent walkthrough and he is doing an Axe build but his stats are almost all into the main Axe stat Stamina at 38 at level 40 total. I'm 47 with only 21 in Strength and the rest into the other 3 I mentioned. A bit more balanced, but am I leaving potential on the table here? Thank you!

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Took my time with playing some other stuff in between but finally beat the story

Really enjoyed it and it is Nioh but better unfortunately enemy variety still isn't that great

This mission really shows it. You are going down into this normally fully submerged temple and just run into the exact same enemies as before. Even just more visual variations of enemies could have helped.

Oh yeah why no Ginchiyo transformation

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Switch stances are cool but I don't feel like it offers that much more than the standard Flux you can do with other weapons aside from the one that switches to low stance. My issues with it are mainly that the ender attacks aren't all that strong and the block+triangle and block+square moves are relatively weak.

What they offer, at least in combination with Wildfire Flux, is 5x attack buff.

Late game the Glaive absolutely demolishes everything, I melt bosses in one or two tries with it. Especially in combination with my poison build. The high attack also breaks pretty much every guard/KI super quick.

Augemitbutter

Oct 25, 2017
got the plat. Game is good, as good as Nioh 1 but with no real heights? Both gameplay and story, i feel they're saving everything for the dlc. At least i hope so because i had fun playing the game. Stance dancing and dispelling all those pools in the process is something you can't find in another game, coupled with the amazing controls. Even so i don't think these boss encounters are very memorable. Transformed K is the only boss i will remember from the vanilla game because he put up a fight and had some presence.

I just put my stats somewhere to boost the weapons i was currently exploring, so i had no real focused build in my journey. Still it did feel like i was tanking through some bosses near endgame, so their balance is definitely off somewhere. I barely see any discussion about boss encounters anywhere, which means people must be facerolling this game pretty hard. The story was also very underdeveloped, even for this type of game. Foreign nations in japan was interesting and underexplored, this game had nothing of the sort. Hopefully we see more of the first game in the dlc. Hate to say it but Sekiro gave me more novelty and even more mystery in its tale.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Anyone wanting to come help as a summon to take down Shibata Katsuic? I can't deal with this fucker, understand why Demodcracy chose it as the hardest boss in the game too. Insane damage that can one shot you all the time.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Anyone wanting to come help as a summon to take down Shibata Katsuic? I can't deal with this fucker, understand why Demodcracy chose it as the hardest boss in the game too. Insane damage that can one shot you all the time.

No one? I can't deal with this a-hole boss and fight is boring and frustrating enough so I'll drop the game if I can't beat it with a good summon lol. Boss is constantly bum rushing you in a small room, who in the right mind design a shit fight like this.

NPC summon is useless on this fight because they just stand next to the boss and take a beating. After that the boss just constantly rush you. Worst boss fight since Jedi fallen order.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
No one? I can't deal with this a-hole boss and fight is boring and frustrating enough so I'll drop the game if I can't beat it with a good summon lol. Boss is constantly bum rushing you in a small room, who in the right mind design a shit fight like this.

NPC summon is useless on this fight because they just stand next to the boss and take a beating. After that the boss just constantly rush you. Worst boss fight since Jedi fallen order.

I can try, I did him in 5 ish tries with NPC summon, what's the password?

X-Frame

Oct 25, 2017
Probably a stupid question, but do passives from other weapon trees still work when you are not using that weapon?

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Hey all!

I seem to have chosen Odachi as the weapon I want to focus on. I'm Level 47 -- and according to some guides I see online I should prioritize Strength but also put 10 in Body, Heart, Courage, and Stamina, with a few extra into some of the Ninja skills if I wanted to carry more items.

Does that sound right? Because I am looking at FightinCowboy's recent walkthrough and he is doing an Axe build but his stats are almost all into the main Axe stat Stamina at 38 at level 40 total. I'm 47 with only 21 in Strength and the rest into the other 3 I mentioned. A bit more balanced, but am I leaving potential on the table here? Thank you!

I've finished the game twice with an Odachi/Axe build that primarily raises Stamina. I just leave Strength at default until I've hit 99 Stamina. Crafting your own armor also allows you to avoid Strength requirements from dropped gear. You get health, damage and carrying capacity for Heavy Armor (to stay at a B Agility). The Odachi scales the best with Strength, but it also scales good enough with Stamina to keep that as the main stat. I've also found that doing it this way makes the Odachi generally the best weapon against humans, or faster/smaller Yokai, but the Axe absolutely demolishes medium to larger Yokai by simply mashing heavy attack in high stance. The same mindless tactic works against many humanoid bosses as well (they either take the hits and lose a lot of health, or simply block them all and end up having all of their ki depleted).

The Odachi can do something somewhat similar, yet seems to eat a little more player ki in the process and doesn't actually have the same kind of range that the Axe does due to it moving the player forward. The Odachi is kind of a late bloomer in some respects too. It has generally good reach and combos, but gets really good once you finally unlock Moonlit Snow.

Also, raising your Constitution, and Courage by five aren't a bad idea, because you get the biggest boosts out of them with the initial investments anyway, but you can always do that later. You don't need to do it right away. The only stats I that I think are a huge boon early are roughly ten in both Dexterity and Magic. Those few points go a long way. After that, just meet your requirements for wearing armor, and then raise what you want between your main stat and Dexterity/Magic for more capacity (or just leave them at 10 - 15 but make sure to grab the capacity passives).

But anyway, this kind of build is an outlier I think in that focusing hard on a single stat is actually more beneficial than it would be in most other builds. Stamina pulls triple duty.

Probably a stupid question, but do passives from other weapon trees still work when you are not using that weapon?

No, but they did in the previous game unless the passive specifically said "when you have X weapon equipped".

Last edited:

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
Anyone knows from where can I get Warrior of the West bow?

Edit: seems like the text is a drop from Daidara Bocchi and Warrior of the West (dunno who that is, will check ingame).

Last edited:

Garbrenn

Oct 30, 2017
Platinum attained, really good game overall. One of my favorite games over the past couple of years which isn't suprising considering I loved the first one. All the additions to combat and customization are welcome, my only real complaint is the story being tough to follow unless you read the character biographies, but some of the later beats hit hard if you get invested.

Cyborg

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Damn I just cant decide what weapon to use and in what stat to invest :(. Sword feels good but then again I invested in to much "wrong" stats

Oct 30, 2017
I'm at the second area now, first mission and I already feel like the biggest underpowered scrub. Anyone saying the first game was easier is out of their mind. The shit that they throw at you in this mission is insane. My weapons don't do shit. Had little to no trouble with base N1.

What's up with apes randomly walking around in that cave and then you fight the exact same ape in one of those mist puddles? Are they even trying with enemy placement? I also can't stand how this game's design philosophy is "you know that enemy type that troubled you last mission? we're just gonna throw them at you now".

Goro Majima

Oct 29, 2017
After plat Nioh 2 couple of days ago, today I re-installed the first Nioh thinking about going for the missing trophies...dont do the same mistake.

My god, how bad that game looks in comparison, my memory tricked me, I didn't realize how much better Nioh 2 looks until now.

OP
OP
Noema

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
I...I just realized you can enable the extra shortcut panels in Settings...from the beginning of the game.

In Nioh 1 that's a mid-late game perk, that must be unlocked in the blacksmith.

After plat Nioh 2 couple of days ago, today I re-installed the first Nioh thinking about going for the missing trophies...dont do the same mistake.

My god, how bad that game looks in comparison, my memory tricked me, I didn't realize how much better Nioh 2 looks until now.

They certainly made it look less drab. Nioh 1 was a pretty monotone game, in terms of color.

Nioh 2 hopped on the saturated neon purple + orange everywhere train. Plus HDR must look nice.
Don't you have to have them as your main weapon, not simply equipped? Most of the passives in this game have that specific wording. So the answer would be no.

You are right; it does specify main weapon.

Ricky

Oct 25, 2017
Any guides out there that explain builds with soul cores, gear and weapons. I'm using Odachi and Region 5 is kicking my ass. I feel like I barely touching bosses.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
A Agility feels SO good after playing in B agility for a week. I get 2 shotted by everything in the game but the mobility just feels so much more fluid and fun.

After trying and making a bunch of the busted builds in this game, I don't think Ninja is any more powerful than the other ones so I'm not expecting a nerf anymore. A melee poison based build without Otakemaru feels more stable than it since you can actually get hit and not die immediately.

Also super feeling this Tifa look.

EU9P_gwU4AA8tsh

Any guides out there that explain builds with soul cores, gear and weapons. I'm using Odachi and Region 5 is kicking my ass. I feel like I barely touching bosses.
I think you should be able to find most of the stuff on Youtube. What are you using now?

Last edited:

Ricky

Oct 25, 2017
A Agility feels SO good after playing in B agility for a week. I get 2 shotted by everything in the game but the mobility just feels so much more fluid and fun.

After trying and making a bunch of the busted builds in this game, I don't think Ninja is any more powerful than the other ones so I'm not expecting a nerf anymore. A melee poison based build without Otakemaru feels more stable than it since you can actually get hit and not die immediately.

Also super feeling this Tifa look.

EU9P_gwU4AA8tsh

I think you should be able to find most of the stuff on Youtube. What are you using now?
Still rocking the Odachi. I just usually equip my highest level gear when I get it. I'm not too familiar with Nioh but figured the builds would require tinkering in NG+ and I could just "get" through the base game.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Still rocking the Odachi. I just usually equip my highest level gear when I get it. I'm not too familiar with Nioh but figured the builds would require tinkering in NG+ and I could just "get" through the base game.

Some people can, but if you aren't making a dent in the bosses something could still be optimized with a little work. Are you using any Onmyo or Ninjutsu? Using weakness or sloth will get you through alot in NG.

If you can find Kingo's armor or Obsidian armor, I would get those sets ASAP if you need damage.

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
Only a few missing soul cores and one last sidemission for the platinum. Of course I need to do a twilight mission to unlock it and all I can do is wait.

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
The one that says call someone for assistance?
Exactly! Don't know the English mission names, but I guess the twilight mission is called something like shattered fragments and the sidemission prayers in the moonlight (well, direct translation). It looks like I've already did the twilight mission, but didn't ask for assistance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Noema

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Wildfire Flux + 70% extra damage on poisoned enemies is just... Obscene.

This further cements my opinion that the switchgliave is the coolest weapon in the game. Ki Flux is my favorite thing to do in this game and to bake the mechanic into a mystic art in such a rewarding way is sublime.