• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Did something like Mirage , have 79% melee damage vs poisoned enemy + 30% poison accumulation .

With poison kunai and Gallut Broth this melts a lot of enemies

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Golden Gourd + Merchants sets with sake gets like 20MM amrita in like 2 minutes in the Underworld mission, crazy.

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing some online missions to help people out in the game.

Man, people are dogshit at this game.

Constantly running into situations and getting fucking killed. Not even taking the time to evaluate the situation. Just going in blind and button mashing the fuck out of everything.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
The co-op is so good on this. So good! Even offlline NPC's are fine, game is immensely more fun with two fighters.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Did something like Mirage , have 79% melee damage vs poisoned enemy + 30% poison accumulation .

Yeah very strong. There's a few enemies poison doesn't work on so I picked an active skill aside from that to boost up with inheritables on my armor.
Golden Gourd + Merchants sets with sake gets like 20MM amrita in like 2 minutes in the Underworld mission, crazy.
Yep did this myself and it's so much amrita, I'm not very far from 300 now.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
I think Tengen Kujaku + Poisoned enemy dmg% are the highest dmg modifiers currently in the game and it feels like any melee build focused on having high dps probably should build around these two.

Finished all current crusher titles hooray.

Last edited:

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Coiled Snake + stacking melee vs poisoned + Tengen + Yatsu no Kami + Toxic Slime seems to be the melee meta.

I have a paralyze Iai build too and it doesn't seem as consistent.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
Is there an easy way to farm mortal soul cores? I need a few feral ones since I can't get used to either brute or phantom guardian spirits. Also i'm still in area 4.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Is there an easy way to farm mortal soul cores? I need a few feral ones since I can't get used to either brute or phantom guardian spirits. Also i'm still in area 4.
I don't know, but why can't you use brute or phantom cores on your feral guardian spirit ? There are no penalties doing so...

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Took me almost 3 hours to beat the first stage (to the left after tutorial) I probably shouldn't have skipped tutorial and i am not even frustrated at it either i learned a ton from my mistakes and i am burning through a lot of stages now. I still need to get better at my stamina or Ki or whatever. In the what i call dark zone stuff where your ki takes forever to regen is there a trick? I know i should go back and actually play the tutorial but i like to bang my head against things until i learn them but i don't know if there is a trick to it.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Took me almost 3 hours to beat the first stage (to the left after tutorial) I probably shouldn't have skipped tutorial and i am not even frustrated at it either i learned a ton from my mistakes and i am burning through a lot of stages now. I still need to get better at my stamina or Ki or whatever. In the what i call dark zone stuff where your ki takes forever to regen is there a trick? I know i should go back and actually play the tutorial but i like to bang my head against things until i learn them but i don't know if there is a trick to it.

Did you at least learn about Ki Pulses? Tapping R1 at the right time after an attack or string of attacks to replenish your Ki faster?
Nioh has a metric fuck-ton of systems layered on top of systems. Nioh 2 especially so. You're really not expected to step into this blind.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Did you at least learn about Ki Pulses? Tapping R1 at the right time after an attack or string of attacks to replenish your Ki faster?
Nioh has a metric fuck-ton of systems layered on top of systems. Nioh 2 especially so. You're really not expected to step into this blind.
I've never played a souls game or Nioh before i went in completely blind and love the challenge. I get it, i was stupid for not going through the tutorial and everything but i learned a ton on my own and am currently going through some guides and beginner tips stuff. Didn't know about that.

I love the challenge. Even though i suffered through that stage because of my own stupidity the challenge of brute forcing and learning my way through was fucking exhilarating. I'm going to take the time and learn all the systems today and start again tomorrow. I wish i played these types of games awhile ago but i am WAY into this.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017

if you have sacred water, it will slow the Ki effects.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
I've never played a souls game or Nioh before i went in completely blind and love the challenge. I get it, i was stupid for not going through the tutorial and everything but i learned a ton on my own and am currently going through some guides and beginner tips stuff. Didn't know about that.

I love the challenge. Even though i suffered through that stage because of my own stupidity the challenge of brute forcing and learning my way through was fucking exhilarating. I'm going to take the time and learn all the systems today and start again tomorrow. I wish i played these types of games awhile ago but i am WAY into this.

The game will offer up plenty of challenge as you learn and master all of the many, many, MANY tools at your disposal, learning not just the physical finger dexterity needed to execute them, but also in what in-game situations to employ them. You'll likely die a lot as you learn all of the game's basic mechanics and embark on a journey of mastery over them. There's really no good reason to hamstring your efforts by purposefully ignoring the game's admittedly paltry attempts to teach you about these mechanics. The mechanics are extremely densely packed and learning them kind of requires peeling back the layers, focusing on a few things to learn first, then figuring out how to put them all together.

And the game won't really pull any punches while you're going through this rather arduous new player on-boarding process. Those of us that played Nioh 1 have something of a headstart, since Nioh 2 is very much built upon the bones of the mechanics laid down by the first game. But for a new player, it can be very overwhelming. Nine different weapon types. High, Mid, and Low Stance movesets for all nine weapon types. Heavy, middle, and light armors, and how they affect your Agility and your dashes and dodge rolls. Ki Pulses. Fluxes. Perfect Parries. Perfect Dodges. Yokai Realms. Yokai puddle purification. Yokai Shift. Yokai Abilities. Soul Cores. Yokai Burst Counters. And on and on and on.

I'm fairly sure that at least for the first few stages, everytime you die and get to the screen where you have to hit Cross to retry, there's also a prompt to hit another button (either Square or Circle) to access the tutorial. Please don't be shy. :)

Ricky

Oct 25, 2017
Finally had to summon for a boss fight.
Ryomen Sukuna
I probably could have beat him had I tried more but my friend needed help with a mission and I was taking too long and didn't want to have to do the entire level again. I have to go back and solo him tho, it doesn't feel right lol.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Protag and mom have an excuse. Mumyo? No idea.
It really stands out compared to the very visual aging of other characters.
Guess we can't show women who aren't young and pretty in a Team Ninja game huh :\

Female representation is otherwise pretty good in this game, especially by Team Ninja standards, so that's kind of disappointing. I'd have loved to see an older Mumyo continue to kick ass.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Guess we can't show women who aren't young and pretty in a Team Ninja game huh :\

Female representation is otherwise pretty good in this game, especially by Team Ninja standards, so that's kind of disappointing. I'd have loved to see an older Mumyo continue to kick ass.

Pretty much, yeah. No one's aging is particularly addressed by the game, IIRC. Nor should it be, outside of maybe the protag's.
But most to all relevant male characters age appropriately. Mumyo and various princesses and ladies? lol
It's bizarre and jarring and frankly, I don't understand it.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Mumyo should be like 90 by the end of the game too, so there's no excuse of it just being like "oh she's in her mid-30s so she wouldn't age".

OP
OP
Noema

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty

I just finally managed to get 60% extra damage versus poisoned enemies. Tempered the stats on a couple of Magatamas and it's a blast. Enemy health just melts like butter. Only problem is running jntk enemies or bosses immune to poison

Been playing some online missions to help people out in the game.

Man, people are dogshit at this game.

Constantly running into situations and getting fucking killed. Not even taking the time to evaluate the situation. Just going in blind and button mashing the fuck out of everything.

Yeah, it's pretty eye opening. I've been trying to farm some higher level boss soul Cores while helping people but we rarely make it to the boss since they always manage to die.

Also, they ignore Kodamas even when I whistle and point at them, and they attack nurikabes without even attempting a posture.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The skill book grind is rough, y'all. I've been trying to make it easier by grinding co-op, but woof.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Also, they ignore Kodamas even when I whistle and point at them, and they attack nurikabes without even attempting a posture.

FWIW, I realized that if you're summoned into a game where the host is replaying a mission for whatever reason, you'll still see the Kodama even if they've already picked them all up. I noticed this when I had to redo two earlier missions to get Katsui to show up in the Interim. I was just going for a quick clear but one of my helpers kept on whistling at me. I had already gotten the 150 Kodama trophy, but they had no real way of knowing that.

Though I'll be the first to admit that there probably aren't too many people replaying story missions.

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
FWIW, I realized that if you're summoned into a game where the host is replaying a mission for whatever reason, you'll still see the Kodama even if they've already picked them all up. I noticed this when I had to redo two earlier missions to get Katsui to show up in the Interim. I was just going for a quick clear but one of my helpers kept on whistling at me. I had already gotten the 150 Kodama trophy, but they had no real way of knowing that.
Yeah, that's what I figured. Looks like a bug, as I don't believe it worked that way in the previous game...

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
After 436 deaths in NG (did all the missions, including all the dojo ones, I'm a completist... but yeah I suck lol)... Made it to the ferret boss in NG+ without dying so far!

Why is everything capped at 160 though?

TP-DK

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
His legs got fucking autoaim on them, I could dodge to the other end of the world and they would still hit me.

Edit: finally got him. What a terrible boss fight.

Last edited:

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
This is one of the few games where running optimal stuff is less fun, basically because being optimal in this game lets you play in god mode.

My current build isn't running Otakemaru and is just a poison Dual Swords build but I have +attack and Windstorm damage on all armor pieces and it's melting bosses so fast that it isn't fair.

Jehuti

Oct 29, 2017
Hmm, I don't think I got a single item above 160 so far, I'm mid way into region 2. I do get +1 occasionally but yeah, i wonder how it works in NG+.
My wife's gotten a 170 soul core which she matched with a corrupted weapon then matched the corrupted weapon with her purity Switch Glaive. I havent been lucky enough to even see a 170 drop after around 300hrs, platted and everything.

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
It's so hard to see anything in 5-3. Kind of irritating to my eyes. Beat the mini-boss, though. Fun fight.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of the few games where running optimal stuff is less fun, basically because being optimal in this game lets you play in god mode.

My current build isn't running Otakemaru and is just a poison Dual Swords build but I have +attack and Windstorm damage on all armor pieces and it's melting bosses so fast that it isn't fair.
Need that higher NG+ and Abyss.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda rough after Nioh 1 that this game basically doesn't have end game. DLC can't come soon enough.

F-Pina

Nerd Monkeys
Verified
Nov 3, 2017
Lisbon
Been playing the campaing co-op from start to finish with my brother. Always close the 3rd slot so we just use the blue NPCs.
Decided to try a Twilight mission but opened the 3rd slot to see how the game played with 3 real people.

Immediately the player who joined the game, just decided to rush it through, dying and draining the blue meter on the way.
Not waiting for anyone or even stopping at the shrines to refill. After we all died, we kicked him/her out.

Fortunately second one joining was a "real" player. Was polite and waited and we waited for him.
Managed to clear the Twilight mission on the first try with lots of cool gameplay and true understanding of how to play this with 2 other people, using the rifles and cannons all 3 together, giving each other buffs. Etc.

What an amazing game. Can't get enough of this.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
Does this game have a story? I created then it threw me into a tutorial then instantly to a map. It was a bit jarring lol.