• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

quibbler

Nov 11, 2017
That armor looks hot!

I love what I've experienced of the game so far but maaan is it hard to push myself to play anything these days.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I platinumed it and was waiting for DLC to return. But I will probably go back to my Way of the Strong run when photo mode gets added.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Best game of the year so far(not counting P5R). Will double dip on PC and the photomode is godsend as the level and environmental design for this game is so good and much improved over the first title! Absolutely my favourite new IP this gen.

Enjoyed the game but still prefer the first game's challenge and characters.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be have been there day 1 if the game didn't look too similar and harder than the first one. I'm not going through the same game after putting a lot of time into the first. Maybe I'll get it with a discount after it hits steam.

ps3ud0

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd be have been there day 1 if the game didn't look too similar and harder than the first one. I'm not going through the same game after putting a lot of time into the first. Maybe I'll get it with a discount after it hits steam.
I kinda feel the same, loved Nioh but I lost my steam as it felt it overstayed it's welcome reusing so much. Would have bought this at launch but I never finished Nioh or its DLC...

Will buy it because the improvements were good, I just needed that break.

ps3ud0 8)

Oct 27, 2017
Damn there are actually 9 new free missions in the 1.09 patch. I'm close to the Platinum, so I'll be trying those to farm a little more that ninja/onmyo XP I'm missing.

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
While its on my list to get. Ive waited this long. I can wait a little longer. A sale shouldnt be too far off now.

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
Probably my GOTY so far, nearing the end and already want the DLC since my copy came with a season pass.

edit: also photo pass is good so we can take some pictures of scampuss

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Do I have to do this each time or will it save this setting? Also I might still keep yellow items as I find some have useful abilities. Is this even worth doing or should I only keep blue purple and above?
Well personally I use this function a lot as I basically throw out anything below purple most of the time ^^
I think it keeps the last setting you applied, but in any cases it's 2 buttons presses max to select everything you want in each tab.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Good ! After completing 100% of Ungyo/Agyo titles, I was feeling a little short of things to do ah ah ah.
Do I have to do this each time or will it save this setting? Also I might still keep yellow items as I find some have useful abilities. Is this even worth doing or should I only keep blue purple and above?
I never use the filter as it's always free rice and amrita donating this at the bazaar, and sometimes I got some orange inheritables on yellow items.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Congrats TT
That's a good number, but it definitely looks like it's moving slower than the original.

Koei Tecmo announced 1m sales for the original Ni-Oh about 2 weeks after launch.

www.gematsu.com

Nioh worldwide sales top one million

Total retail and digital sales for Nioh have topped one million units worldwide, Koei Tecmo and Team Ninja announced.

Still Team Ninja putting out two million sellers in the space of year(twice this gen) is really impressive.

Now we wait for Xenoblade Warriors and Ni-Oh 3 to both top a million copies in 2023

I loved the first game, but I skipped 2, because it looks so much like 1. Probably many others felt the same.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Yay! I'm happy it did so well, I feared it would do much worse for some reason. I was a bit LTTP because the first beta turned me off despite liking the original Nioh a lot.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Huzzah! It's been a good year for Team Ninja and Koei Tecmo.

Marvel and Nioh doing well is fantastic to hear.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Only got round to picking this up very recently and been playing through it. About half way through the 4th region on a bastard boss.

I'm enjoying it, I did get the platinum trophy for the first, but it can be very frustrating at times. Often I will find areas that are small or awkward and be expected to fight big enemies or you will have one big one with multiple long range ones trying to annoy you.

In fact it has been frustrating me so much that after a while of playing I have to just stop and give it some time before going back. It often feels cheap with its difficulty which isn't a great feeling.

But I am still enjoying it, for the most part.

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like I'll be playing this again tonight. :D Was getting tired of playing NG+ over and over again.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Congrats to Team Ninja! This is definitely one of those titles to run back to after PS5!

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Nice! Finally started the original and definitely regret not playing it sooner. Definitely not going to wait that long to tackle part 2.

nss

Apr 10, 2018
I hope this game has legs, I really enjoyed Nioh 2 and hope Team Ninja gets to continue to make more games like it.

Mainframe

May 10, 2020
I have to say that I find it weird that the franchise is console exclusive, because it seems like the type of game you would want to get out on all platforms.

Anyway, I'm just thankful that Sony stepped up to the plate and helped with publishing the game worldwide.

Last edited:

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Is the free armor the demon horde set that was available on pre-order? Also, are there any new trophies with this update? I may have to reinstall this weekend just to beat the new missions.

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats to Team Ninja. I loved every minute of this game and I'm really excited for the DLC and a new difficulty later this summer. I jump back in every once and awhile trying to get my get my character leveled up. Awesome game

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Congrats to Team Ninja! I played around 20 hours on PS4 and really enjoyed it but I shelved it for now. I am at the point where I just cannot stomach non-SSD load times in games anymore. I will double dip on PC or hopefully it gets a PS5 upgrade...

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
For a ps4 exclusive that's very good. It will continue to sell good on PS4 and I'd imagine in future on ps5/pc. Nioh 3 is surely guaranteed now.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
And of course it's a damn heavy armor :(

GG to theteam, they deserve it and much more, Nioh is a great franchise

This game does have a bias in favor of heavy armors (not just because they look cooler; they are also easy mode when paired with the Odachi).

Fortunately there's refashion, so you can make any armor look the way you want ;)

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
Amazing game. It will probably be my game of the year. I've hopped back into NG+ after an absence to play FF7R and I'm a little over half way through. I will double dip on a pc version and do it all over again too.

Congratulations to the team!

Last edited:

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Happy for their success, being very at taking user-feedback and QOL updates should be rewarded with success. For me the loot aspect makes it more like playing Diablo for me, but it makes for faster and more easily done progression for a wider range of people, making the numbers go up is fun for a lot of people.

Nathan

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, well deserved, and I'm super excited about the new content today! Can't wait to play after work.