• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

THE_W1TCHER

Oct 28, 2017
Is haptic feedback added? Almost non existing rumble in the first game made the combat even more weightless. Enemy reactions to hits seem the same in trailers.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
c69234deca28eb1bc4d8335f2101333c.jpg

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
We'll see if it comes to PC.
If it does, I'll look into picking it up. Still need to play the first game- it's sitting in my backlog.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
pre ordered the special edition. it is more of the same but i think there will be enough bang for your buck with it. and i love punishing games so it is a no brainer for me.

alpha and beta was the same as Nioh 1
Yeah I played it a bit and it ran well. It looked kinda blurry though, like sub 1080p. But whatever, I'm in.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I was going to try and wait out the PC release, but I think I might just bite the bullet and get it on PS4. I loved the first Nioh, and its been awhile since Sekiro. I'm ready

Athrum

Oct 18, 2019
Can't wait. Just hope they toned down the Demon Areas or wtv those are called. That shit wasn't fun, especially during a boss fight.

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
0k1lrs52xpv31.jpg

Man this Special Edition looks sooo SWEEEEEET.

I need to finish the first game now... I got it for free from a friend who worked at Sony PlayStation back in 2016.

But that Special Edition looks sooo good. Might have to purchase it...

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Sure, no contest. I just thought Nioh 1 looked less blurry but we'll see.

you are right, it is a bit more blurry than the first one but it has bit less aliasing...seems like a tradeoff

0k1lrs52xpv31.jpg

Man this Special Edition looks sooo SWEEEEEET.

I need to finish the first game now... I got it for free from a friend who worked at Sony PlayStation back in 2016.

But that Special Edition looks sooo good. Might have to purchase it...

when going in day one it is a no brainer...season pass included which is a huge plus(should be meaty if it is the same as in Nioh1) and you could sell case, book and packaging for a few good bucks if you want the main game a bit cheaper. otherwise it seems like a neat collectors item for a reasonable amount of money when someone is into special packaging, artbooks and steelbooks.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
Nice.

I came back to Nioh 1 and finished it this month.

I liked it a lot more the second try.

Unparalleled combat in its genre in my opinion.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
YES! I got Digital Deluxe with this like I did the first game. Cant wait for next month to play it.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Fantastic, looking forward to it. This game kicks off 2020 for me with so many good titles coming after it.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
The main game I'm going to be all up in, next month.

Avatar quote or w/e, but the original, and the lead up to it through the various betas, made for a special time for me. And judging by 2's beta, it's going to be happening all over again!

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone doing coop day 1? Or will you be playing solo? Will this have PvP at launch? I dont feel pvp works in this game because the combat is too fast and complex. Better for a souls FROM game where everyone moves like grandmas :3

Mr X

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia / US
I enjoyed the first open, but I just ended up burning out on it, couldn't say exactly why at this point since it's been about a year I think since i last played. Not even sure exactly where I left off, I'll give this one a go most likely, but I doubt I will be day one.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
Music to my ears. I gladly lose hours to this one as well!
Fucking love this Team Ninja comeback this gen.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
More than one source is citing November as the eventual PC release. This one in particular though should at least have some merit to it I'd think.

Nioh 2 is scheduled to release on March 14, 2020. It'll be a timed-exclusive for PS4 up until November when it'll then launch for PC.

www.gamespot.com

Nioh 2: Length, Release Date, Impressions, Pre-Order Details, And What We Know So Far

Here's what you need to know about Team Ninja's Nioh 2 for PS4, including its release date and other details.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
seems like Nioh 1.5...I'm not sure why they didn't go for more drastic improvements in level design, environments, repetitive enemies etc

taepoppuri

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone doing coop day 1? Or will you be playing solo? Will this have PvP at launch? I dont feel pvp works in this game because the combat is too fast and complex. Better for a souls FROM game where everyone moves like grandmas :3

PvP wouldn't work in this game because balance is so bad. Magic and ninjutsu are too op, combine it with some setup and you can literally destroy all enemy.