• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
So ready for the PC version. I almost gave in and bought a ps4 pro for this a few times lol

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Already beat the final story mission earlier today. Nioh 2 really is up there as one of my favourite action games.

Patch 1.20 added at least 2 new moves to all the weapon skill trees as well and from what I've seen they're all winners.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
CAn't wait for the PC version. For people who have played the both, is this one as overly long as the first? I liked it quite a bit but never finished it cause it was just way too long.

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
CAn't wait for the PC version. For people who have played the both, is this one as overly long as the first? I liked it quite a bit but never finished it cause it was just way too long.

It's even longer. It doesn't wear out its welcome quite as much, side missions still reuse levels but not to the same extent as the first game where there were a few levels that were repeated over and over again.

Keits

Designer at Iron Galaxy Studios
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Orlando, FL
This runs like an absolute dream on PS5. You get the full max resolutions it could do on Ps4pro, at 60+ fps at all times. The game is getting an update in January to run on Ps5 at 4k, 120fps as well.

Its so great.

OP
OP
crimilde

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I guess that answers the question I was going to ask: whether the game has PS5 enhancements or not. I'll also wait for the next gen/PC version. Really want to play this at 4k/60+ fps if possible!

They'll release a remastered edition of both games in February on both PS5 and PC with 4k/120fps modes, and various other additions.

www.resetera.com

The Nioh Collection announced for PS5, releases 02/05, upgrading games and all DLC to 4K and 120FPS options (Nioh 2 CE also coming to PC on same date) News

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/11/13/the-nioh-collection-announced-for-ps5-launches-next-february/ ■ New features and elements of PlayStation®5 version Supports 4K resolution / 120fps Improving the quality of various graphics Faster loading time Supports PS5 ™ activity function Supports...

Nesther

Oct 27, 2017
Switzerland
They'll release a remastered edition of both games in February on both PS5 and PC with 4k/120fps modes, and various other additions.

www.resetera.com

The Nioh Collection announced for PS5, releases 02/05, upgrading games and all DLC to 4K and 120FPS options (Nioh 2 CE also coming to PC on same date) News

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/11/13/the-nioh-collection-announced-for-ps5-launches-next-february/ ■ New features and elements of PlayStation®5 version Supports 4K resolution / 120fps Improving the quality of various graphics Faster loading time Supports PS5 ™ activity function Supports...

I didn't know we're getting a free upgrade to this remastered PS5 edition. That's cool

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017

www.resetera.com

Awesome news. I loved playing the first one on the PS4 Pro. I bought the ultimate edition of the original with all the season passes and stuff (whatever it was called) but never really played any of the DLC. Maybe I should play that before 2's remastered version comes out.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
It's even longer. It doesn't wear out its welcome quite as much, side missions still reuse levels but not to the same extent as the first game where there were a few levels that were repeated over and over again.
I had no issues with this at all in the first game. I was just happy to keep doing the same stuff because I loved the combat so much.

My main issue with Nioh one was the obnoxious bosses as you got further into the DLC. Eventually I just got tired of that shit and with the dual boss fights finally making me quit. Im hoping they toned that down at least.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I had no issues with this at all in the first game. I was just happy to keep doing the same stuff because I loved the combat so much.

My main issue with Nioh one was the obnoxious bosses as you got further into the DLC. Eventually I just got tired of that shit and with the dual boss fights finally making me quit. Im hoping they toned that down at least.

Bosses are way better in Nioh 2 IMO, they are more varied in their patterns. There's also not really much double bosses that aren't mean to be double bosses bullshit IIRC.

Keits

Designer at Iron Galaxy Studios
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Orlando, FL
You can also just play co-op with up to 3 people if you run into a boss fight you absolutely hate. Summon some helpers in. I spend a lot of my playtime doing Random Encounters, showing up in other people's games and helping them thrash bosses.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
Thinking about getting this. Should I play the first game before diving into this?

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland