• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017

Available 11/22
Get Mario Kart™ 8 Deluxe game and 3 months of Nintendo Switch Online Individual Membership FREE when you buy a specially marked Nintendo Switch™ system.
$299.99 MSRP*
Includes full game download.

Available 11/20
Save $20 on select games
$39.99 MSRP*

For a limited time, save on select packaged Nintendo Switch games at participating retailers. Games include, New Super Mario Bros.™ U Deluxe, Super Mario Maker 2, The Legend of Zelda™: Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion™ 3 and Splatoon™ 2 and more.

Available 11/25
Save 50% on Pokémon™: Let's Go, Pikachu! or Pokémon™: Let's Go, Eevee!
$29.99 MSRP*

Partner up with Pikachu or Eevee to catch and collect Pokémon on rich and vibrant adventures.

Last edited:

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
It is going to be insanely successful this November. They don't even manage to keep the standard Switch alone in stock because of the demand.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of a lame bundle considering MK8 has been the bundle the last two years as well and it hasn't gone down in price...

but its also absolutely enough to guarantee massive numbers.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
great deal, will fly off the shelves.

edit: there's also this
Save 50% on Pokémon™: Let's Go, Pikachu! or Pokémon™: Let's Go, Eevee!
$29.99 MSRP

Partner up with Pikachu or Eevee to catch and collect Pokémon on rich and vibrant adventures.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Let's go Pikachu and Eevee are getting closer to the price I'd pay for them, only $25 more to go.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Looks like Mario Tennis Aces and Yoshi's Crafted World are the other games that are being discounted:

1280x720_gamecollage_frame

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Link's Awakening might be worth it for me at that price... I was holding out for $30ish but we'll see...

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
C'mon, someone run a deal on BOTW digital!

Already bought the game at full price on Wii U and Switch physical. :(

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Confirmed discounted games

New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
Super Mario Maker 2
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Luigi's Mansion 3
Splatoon 2
Yoshi's Crafted World
Mario Tennis Aces
Pokemon Lets Go
Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
At this point, the game was borderline a launch title. It's like saying "get this black Friday PS4 with Shadowfall and 3 months plus"

It just doesn't really strike me as a deal personally.

Did Shadowfall sell 5+ million copies at full price in the last 6 months? The "it's an old game" logic doesn't apply to Nintendo when their games sell the same, at the same price, even years after launch.

You are still getting a full price title for free, it's not like you can find MK8D at 15 dollars today.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Hope they offer some good digital sales. Would probably grab LA & FE3H for $40 if they show up.

Oct 27, 2017
At this point, the game was borderline a launch title. It's like saying "get this black Friday PS4 with Shadowfall and 3 months plus"

Tbf given how well mario kart sells its definitely would be seen as a deal to alot of people. They should still have the deal priced a bit cheaper tho

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I will be very upset if that LGPE discount doesn't come to the UK. I've wanted that game for a while now.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

The difference is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is still millions of copies month in, month out.

The only game that is more appealing to a new Switch owner is Animal Crossing.

The correct comparison would be a GTAV bundle.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

I think the only reason this is a debate is because you're saying "deal" instead of "good deal." It appears like you're denying it is even a discount to some.

Edit: Also what Oregano said: GTAV is a better comparison than KZSF. But again, you're free to consider it a mediocre deal even still, of course

Catalyst

Oct 6, 2020
Between the Switch and Wii U this is like, the 6th time Mario Kart 8 is in a holiday bundle.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Mario Kart 8 still sells at full price. More importantly, it's the best-selling Switch game to date. It's by far the single best game they could offer as a freebie to new Switch owners.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
I don't think it's much of a deal, but it's the Switch, it will still fly off the shelves. Funny thing, I think I got my switch and games cheaper at launch than people paying now.

Zojirushi

Oct 26, 2017
I think around that time after release I bought the Gamecube+Mariokart DD Bundle for 99€ ;)

Switch seems to be holding its value quite well.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

If shadowfall was the second best selling title of the year on the platform, behind only animal crossing, sure.

Edit: I guess it's actually third with the mario 3d all stars A bit ahead of it. Might not be by the end of the year though!

Dr. Collins

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They have so many paths to sell an insane amount of consoles this holiday that they don't even have to discount Animal Crossing, let alone BotW, Smash, or Odyssey. Remarkable

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
MK8D bundle still makes the most sense imho, it's both fun in single and multiplayer and perfect for short on the go sessions. Due to the joy-cons you can do MP out of the box.

It's literally the best game to sell people on the system.