• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Little Bobby rubs his eyes. It's morning. He lifts his scrawny legs and forces himself out of bed. Standing still to catch his breath, he thinks about the long day ahead. Then he remembers. It's Christmas! The one day at the old orphanage where poverty, illness, and the bitter winter are forgotten and joy and a little hope wiggle their way inside. Smile on his face, he runs downstairs to see what Santa has brought this year. He finds his stocking - his very own stocking! - and tears it off the wall. Inside is a small envelope. He opens it and pulls out a card. It reads: $50 off a $500 purchase at Neiman Marcus.
Ahahahahahahah LOL
The same could be said about people taking things way too seriously sometimes around here :P

lol
True lol

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
For comparison's sake, what do PlayStation and Xbox send out/offer for birthdays?

I'd rather have nothing than be insulted by discounts on games for systems that people don't even play anymore.

It's like the birthday 'discount' I got from Best Buy that had so many exclusions that it would have been easier to list the items it *did* work on rather than the ones it didn't.

Funkybee

Feb 20, 2019
Just be thankful that they are bothering to send you a happy bday email and even considering a few select old ass games of previous gen. Nintendo gon be Nintendo.

dirtyjane

Oct 27, 2017
the last good Nintendo reward was a Zelda Statue of Link sitting on the back of epona, that was like 10 years ago and did cost about 8000 Reward Points

Honestly I don't even read Nintendo Mails anymore.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
seriously how entitled can you get
Seriously this really feels like first world problems lol.

No other company does this at all, those are actually pretty good games listed too yet still complains about it. I find this pretty funny to be honest XD

Edit: I don't play Nintendo games, didn't notice at first there were no Switch titles. That's also pretty funny.

Last edited:

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's the same game either way, is it not? What a nonsense argument.
Yes, it's the same game, but in different formats. There are always differences in price between physical and digital games. Physical games go on sale or get discounted much more often. Digital games, not as much. Here they are giving you a sizable discount on digital games.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, it's the same game, but in different formats. There are always differences in price between physical and digital games. Physical games go on sale or get discounted much more often. Digital games, not as much. Here they are giving you a sizable discount on digital games.
Which are inherently worth less.

I get it, you love Nintendo, but I'm not in the mood to listen to you try to justify this; you're not going to change my mind. The offer is a straight bad deal at best.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Pikmin 3 for $13.99 is a fucking STEAL.

I just wish I could get a discount on a game that doesn't typically see discounts like Fatal Frame or Devil's Third.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's better than the 20 Microsoft Points Xbox used to send you.

kFZ5q.png
LMAOOOOOO. You couldn't even purchase a gamer pic with this IIRC.

Oct 25, 2017
People I work with take off "birthday weeks" and talk about their birthday month. It's disgusting.

Who cares

The problem with that logic is that this is a problem unique to Nintendo. Sony and Microsoft do drop the prices of their digital games much more often than Nintendo. So by that comparison, offering this as a birthday gift is a little silly, and people who bring up what "Sony and MS offers" is silly too given that people get a lot more value out of the digital library of these two than Nintendo.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Which are inherently worth less.

I get it, you love Nintendo, but I'm not in the mood to listen to you try to justify this; you're not going to change my mind. The offer is a straight bad deal at best.

I called you out on your bullshit. The post I responded to you were saying Nintendo offering a discount for your birthday was not better than what Sony or Microsoft offer for your bullshit. Yep, that's bullshit. Neither Sony nor Microsoft offer anything.
You may not like what they're offering, but it's absolutely better than what Microsoft or Sony offer

Hzsn724

Nov 10, 2017
No. What Sony and Microsoft give are actual sales and discounted prices throughout the year.

Nintendo's clutches their purse strings to the point where it kills them to offer a meager discount on anything.
20% off once a year on a selection of old games on dead hardware. Gee thanks Nintendo!

And that's not even getting into Microsoft's amazing reward program, which has earned me so many free games (on all platforms) over the years, that I've lost track.
Yeaaa that's not what this discussion is about.

Everyone knows Nintendo doesn't give good deals. But they are the only ones that do something for your birthday. That is what this discussion is about.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Figured it was better to bump this than make a new thread. Just got my 2020 Bday reward from Nintendo. They realized the Wii U and 3DS coupons were a waste!

You now get a link to download a few old wallpapers and links to print some paper craft stuff...