• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Transistor

Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
OP, I will call you selfish. As a fellow August birthday person, I looked at Nintendo's email and they also gave you cool craft projects.

screenshot2019-08-01ac5jrx.png
Mine does not contain such fun.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017

Marukoban

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It has always been like this lol, their voucher only works on old games.
Though few years ago I got discount coupon for Link's Awakening DX on 3DS.
So thats probably the only time I bite.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
This is not how I would have expected the thread to turn out. How many of those coupons do you think people have redeemed? "Happy Birthday!! Buy a $30 game from a past console generation to celebrate!"

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
There's a lot that confuses me about the electronic mail which you have received, OP, but I think the fact that none of those prices are anywhere near 30% is the biggest one.

Gxgear

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
Nintendo rewards is really meh in general after the revamp. The funniest gifts are the wallpaper emails with links that expire.

Miss the days where you can trade for nice physical rewards like the game cases and statues.

Zero-ELEC

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Ha, just got the same email and was like, "oh neat". The games aren't the best or newest but they're literally giving out discounts for birthday months. Take what you can get.

14 USD for Pikmin 3 or 28 USD for Samus Returns are ok deals, I think.
I DIDN'T EVEN GET THOSE

I GOT DIGITAL BIRTHDAY CARDS AND STICKERS

CLICK ON THE UPPER PART OF THE EMAIL, OLD MAN!

DashReindeer

Perfect World
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Dammit. I knew I shoulda patented automated in-game birthday rewards back when I was paying 'em out manually at Kabam...

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Nintendo could have a promotion of ADDING +30% more on your birthday and some Nintendo fans will eat that shit up gladly LMAO

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
While I agree that it's better than nothing, the big takeaway here is that Nintendo seriously needs to update its customer rewards program. Switch has been out for 2 and a half years and production of the Wii U officially ended in November of 2016. It's pretty ridiculous in that very specifically Nintendo way that they're still not offering Switch-based rewards outside of the eShop coin system.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
I felt the same way when I got my email, OP. I was hype...for nothing. Just give me points instead, Ninty. Come on.

Oct 27, 2017
Pacific NW
It's bad enough that nothing would be preferable. They set you up with some excitement when you see the email, then you look at the game selection/platforms. It's almost like intentional trolling. I'd rather have a phone wallpaper.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
My birthday is also on August, I actually got the same email today. Pikmin 3 for 14 bucks is a great deal. I bought it at $60 on launch day back in 2013 and it was sooooo worth it. One of the best Wii U games.

Astrogamer

Oct 25, 2017
Same OP. It doesn't help that I'm pretty sure these were mostly the same as last year. I remember being disappointed that the discount didn't stack with a mynintendo reward at the time for Pikmin 3

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
Hey OP, would it make you feel any better if I told you that I just booked you a three week stay at your local Howard Johnson for your birthday?

I made sure it even had an oven, so you're not stuck eating Taco Bell everyday.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
lrS4YOk.png

The gift's not great but it's better than the nothing everyone else gives you. Anyways, happy birthday!

Drensch

Oct 27, 2017
So the legitimate question is, what would be reasonable to expect? Keep in mind that you're not the only person that gets a birthday present from company X that day.