• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in bit of a positive predicament - I noticed that I have 925 Nintendo Points unused, which seems to translate into 9.25 Euros, since I'm in the northern Europe territory.

I want to get a game, but I'm not sure what! There seems to be a decent amount of sales going in the eShop, and some games seem to be affordable even without sales. But I'm not too familiar with most games that eShop seems to be offering, so I'm turning for the community - what games would you recommend for me to get with these funds? Anything goes, as long as I can get it from the northern europe eShop.

For reference, some genres I usually like:
Platforming (Note: I already have Celeste)
JRPG
Kart Racers
Action Games
Metroidvanias (Note: I already have Hollow Knight)

But really, anything goes. I want to hear best sales pitch you have :-). If I come across nothing, I might end up getting Shantae 1/2 Hero (seems to be having a 50% sale), but try to convince me of something better.

Last edited:

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
How does multidirectional shooter with elements of roguelike and bullet hell sounds to you?

Because Enter the Gungeon is super cheap and full of awesome references

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
You like platformers, so definitely get Shovel Knight if you don't have that already. Otherwise Hollow Knight is one of the best games ever made, but it's a metroidvania so it may not be your thing based on your genre preferences

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
How does multidirectional shooter with elements of roguelike and bullet hell sounds to you?

Because Enter the Gungeon is super cheap and full of awesome references

I've enjoyed some Roquelikes in the past (like Roque Legacy for example). Bullethells can be fun, as long as they are not extremely difficult.

You like platformers, so definitely get Shovel Knight if you don't have that already. Otherwise Hollow Knight is one of the best games ever made, but it's a metroidvania so it may not be your thing based on your genre preferences

I'm sorry, but I already played Shovel Knight on PC! It was awesome.

I have Hollow Knight on Switch already :-)

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phantasy Star just came out on the eShop with a slew of QoL improvements.

May 5, 2018
Buy Celeste if you like platformers. It's the best platform we this year with precise level design, fun gimmicks in between levels, an amazing OST and a touching story about the protagonist Madeline having issues with anxiety. The game's tough levels feel smartly intertwined with Madeline's self doubt increasing thinking she can't climb Celeste Mountain even though she really wants to reach the summit.

For those other genres, I'd say Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for Katy racers (or CTR when that hits next year), Octopath Traveler for JRPG's(has a great combat and job system) and Dead Cells for Action.

Adam15

Nov 7, 2017
Tulsa
Axiom Verge is great Metroidvania, Stardew Valley is a great sit back and chill with addicting gameplay, Into the Breach is the coolest strategy game right now, and Golf Story has neat story with some interesting golf gameplay. Some of my top indies in addition to Celeste and Hollow Knight.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017