• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2019
This is such bullshit that I believe it. I mean, it is exactly what Nintendo would do.

People: "we want Metroid Prime Trilogy on Switch!"

Nintendo: sure! Here, take it!

(Monkey's paw curls)

Nintendo: ports each Metroid Prime game separately for € 60 each.

Or they will just port the first game and that's it because they hate us. That was literally what they did with the Mario 3D Collection: release Mario Galaxy and skip Galaxy 2 because fuck u Nintendo fans we know you will buy it either way so...

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Prime still looks great though. It just needs a port not a straight up remake. Maybe they want to modernize it so it fits better with 4 idk.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Expectation: Metroid Prime Trilogy remaster in HD
Reality: Metroid Prime re-release

just whyyyyy Nintendo

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This would be lame cause it wouldn't include the best Prime game (Metroid Prime 2 ECHOES BABYYYYYY)

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Maybe BluePoint is doing the remake, arent they on the same location of Retro Studios?

5nyyde.jpg

Nah, but I don't think it's them.

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
I remember when I expected a Metroid Prime Trilogy and Windwaker / Twilight Princess port to Switch within the first two years of the console launch. To me, its absurd they haven't put out these yet.

mingo

Oct 25, 2017
London
I hope it's a trilogy but I'd still buy it if it's stand alone even for full price...... I mean it is still of the the GOAT

correojon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This would be in line with other idiotic decisions like 3D All Stars not featuring Galaxy 2, so I feel like this is sadly true.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Putting age aside: who here considers Metroid Prime to be $60 worth of goodness? Because I remember it being nothing but amazing and would value it as much now as I did then. Or is the game simply not good enough now to be full whack?

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
Putting age aside: who here considers Metroid Prime to be $60 worth of goodness? Because I remember it being nothing but amazing and would value it as much now as I did then. Or is the game simply not good enough now to be full whack?
It's the best game ever made. I will buy any remake/remaster/collection until I die.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
"We were going to release them together but decided instead to release them separately for full price" seems so unlikely and yet so Nintendo.

If Metroid Prime 4 is still years away then it might make more sense to release HD remakes of the Prime games individually over the next couple of years. More money to be made and will maintain interest in the IP for longer.

Dread - Q4 2021
Prime 1 HD - Q2 2022
Prime 2 HD - Q4 2022
Prime 3 HD - Q2 2023
Prime 4 - Q4 2023

I can see that happening.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be pretty grumpy if we missed out on 2, even if 1 got more attention. I'm one of the 5 people that like it.

Aramon

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
This sounds much better than Uncharted "Collection".

Which doesn't include Uncharted 1-3 and is only FPS and resolution boost. lol

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Glad I plugged my Wii-U in last week to replay Zero Mission and Fusion as I've had Trilogy downloaded on it for years now.

Never played 2 or 3, so just gonna replay this version in lieu of whatever the fuck this version/s turns out to be.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
I dislike FP games, and never managed to finish it back in the day so maybe if it is a decent remaster i may bite, but not really expecting much from Nintendo, their ports are really low effort and simple and full price.
Hope I'm wrong

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
There was discussion awhile ago that Prime 3 would be incredibly difficult to port to Switch, so I get not doing trilogy but I don't get not including Echoes unless this is a huge ground up thing. Prime 1 is my GOAT so I'm not too upset about seeing just it come back out.

This is such bullshit that I believe it. I mean, it is exactly what Nintendo would do.

People: "we want Metroid Prime Trilogy on Switch!"

Nintendo: sure! Here, take it!

(Monkey's paw curls)

Nintendo: ports each Metroid Prime game separately for € 60 each.

Or they will just port the first game and that's it because they hate us. That was literally what they did with the Mario 3D Collection: release Mario Galaxy and skip Galaxy 2 because fuck u Nintendo fans we know you will buy it either way so...

Wasn't the reasoning that they couldn't get Galaxy 2 to work properly in the alloyed timeline before release? I recall people finding evidence of an attempt to get it on plus how difficult it's specific Wii controls would be to convert.

If Metroid Prime 4 is still years away then it might make more sense to release HD remakes of the Prime games individually over the next couple of years. More money to be made and will maintain interest in the IP for longer.

Dread - Q4 2021
Prime 1 HD - Q2 2022
Prime 2 HD - Q4 2022
Prime 3 HD - Q2 2023
Prime 4 - Q4 2023

This would make a lot of sense. It'd make the most sense to announce it all up front, but I can see them doing it.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
If true then I might just replay Trilogy instead, even more if it's a simple remaster like SS HD graphic-wise, my Wii U is still hooked to my TV after all.
Just like Bayonetta I wanted the whole series on the same console.

GARU

Oct 16, 2020
I can see Nintendo not wanting to go through the trouble of making the whole Trilogy in HD and just releasing the first game alone similar to Skyward Sword HD.

Which would honestly suck, but I also wouldn't be surprised.

Aug 13, 2020

Dread - Q4 2021
Prime 1 HD - Q2 2022
Prime 2 HD - Q4 2022
Prime 3 HD - Q2 2023
Prime 4 - Q4 2023

I see this too. I could imagine that they first planned a rerelease of a HD scaled Trilogy for getting attention before the release of the BandaiNamco Metroid Prime 4. As that ship sank, I see that Retro pitched Nintendo with the first level of Prime 1 in remake quality. Thats how they landed the job, and Nintendo got fond of the idea and ordered also the Remakes, as the code base would be anyway quite similar to Prime 4. If its now done by Retro directly or an outsourced company with support by some Retro people doesnt change the result much. Let's see.

Status
Not open for further replies.