• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
...huh. A Nintendo pilates ring is actually kind of ingenious. Pop joycon tech into each end and you can immediately imagine tons of things you could potentially do with it.

Edit: Just noticed the EA Sports Active-ish band they're wearing, too. This could be awesome. I could absolutely go for a new gamified exercise thing.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
One neat thing about this is that the IR camera on the joycon should be able to detect the degree of bending of the ring. So yeah, on top of motion sensors on it and on your leg there will be a bunch of cool things they can do with this. I'm excited to see more.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I wonder if this will become part of Wii Fit Trainer's moveset in the next Smash game.

But seriously, I'm curious to see what this actually is.

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Thanks! Yeah, sounds like there's more to it than just "Switch Fit" like most people are drive by posting.

I wonder what it'll have that appeals to Nintendo fans

The ideas and concepts behind this are pretty creative and original. Yeah, it's related to fitness as the teaser trailer suggests, but there's an interesting/unpredictable hook to this. It is very much a new ip. Anyways, I don't plan to say anything else. I look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts when it's revealed. Take care.

Last edited:

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
The ideas and concepts behind this are pretty creative and original. Yeah, it's related to fitness as the teaser trailer suggests, but there's an interesting/unpredictable hook to this. It is very much a new ip. Anyways, I don't plan to say anything else. I look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts when it's revealed. Take care.

Thank you for the insight !

I look forward to seeing more next week, always love it when Nintendo gets creative like this.

Parcas

Dec 12, 2017
I am confused if it is an exercise device why are they showing people exercising in front of friends?

Deleted member 41183

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
I am confused if it is an exercise device why are they showing people exercising in front of friends?

Perhaps the hook Emily speaks about is some kind of multi-player or there's some kind of interesting thing happening on the screen that other people may enjoy and it's not just a Trainer demonstrating an exercise?

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
Damn me for coming in expecting a more powerful Switch... God, I still feel burned out from buying all those Wii peripherals. Never again (maybe).

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Thank you, Nintendo....

Y8RtPaw.gif

....meanwhile at Nintendo..

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I think this will be similar to Wii Fit but with an added worldwide competition aspect. Like, major cities or possibly countries competing on who can get the most "fit". And you score points for your city/country by doing well in the challenges you see the people in the video doing.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I think this will be similar to Wii Fit but with an added worldwide competition aspect. Like, major cities or possibly countries competing on who can get the most "fit". And you score points for your city/country by doing well in the challenges you see the people in the video doing.
Only in 2019 could Nintendo encourage an active lifestyle through tribalism XD

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
No joke but I lost 50 lbs using Wii Fit.

Most of it was diet but I'd be lying if i didn't love the daily weigh in with those wacky Miis.

Of course I'm buying this. I lift seriously now but this would be awesome for my mom.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Let's be honest, this is for Nintendo VR, this is a test to see how well it will do and the technology it will bring when Nintendo expands Labo VR.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Just in time for the new Switch model that lacks separate Joycons and a dock - here's a new platform that requires a docked Switch with disconnected Joycons.
That Switch model is aimed at people who simply want a handheld experience. I dont think families are the target for it. Plus, Nintendo expects people to have many Switches at home.

I get what you mean tho, that is something I pointed out constantly before the Lite announcement: the target audience of a cheaper Switch is the same that might be interested in such games. But by making the Lite not dockable Nintendo made sure both devices are completely different and it will prevent people from buying a Lite and then this new game. They'll know it won't be playable.

Adder

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
Wacky peripheral Nintendo is best Nintendo.
I strongly disagree. It is clearly worst Nintendo. Looks like Switch Fit. Hopefully it is a one-off thing and they do not try to push a flop just like they did with Labo. Also, I really wish this thing to bomb as strongly as Labo so Nintendo finalky gets the message that the casual market is on mobile: do the Nintendogs and Brain Trainings there and leave alone the traditional gaming marjet.

if it succeeds, we will see a return of the casualization of the Wii era, and that would be the worst case scenario. The eagerness to revival casual IPs on consooe is the worst idea that Nintendo can have at the moment: just focus on traditional games. I am not even asking to expand and buy studios -which you absolutely should- but at least do not divert resources into casuals.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I strongly disagree. It is clearly worst Nintendo. Looks like Switch Fit. Hopefully it is a one-off thing and they do not try to push a flop just like they did with Labo. Also, I really wish this thing to bomb as strongly as Labo so Nintendo finalky gets the message that the casual market is on mobile: do the Nintendogs and Brain Trainings there and leave alone the traditional gaming marjet.

if it succeeds, we will see a return of the casualization of the Wii era, and that would be the worst case scenario. The eagerness to revival casual IPs on consooe is the worst idea that Nintendo can have at the moment: just focus on traditional games. I am not even asking to expand and buy studios -which you absolutely should- but at least do not divert resources into casuals.
Labo is amazing conceptually though. Just because something doesn't sell well doesn't mean it's bad, else Metroid and F-Zero suck

JoelStinty

Aug 15, 2019
I like how they gone full in on the yes this looks stupid with the trailer. Intrigued.

(I mean that in a good way, its a good trailer, its tongue in cheek and self aware of their recent history)

prizna

Jan 15, 2018

I just wonder if this is going to have a similar reaction to what labo had. I hope it has a more positive reaction and isn't just seen as a gimmick that only 50% of people will like.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Last edited:

Deleted member 51789

Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Labo wasn't a massive success for them but the idea behind it was great so I'm still quite positive on what this could be. From the amount of people in the room where they're playing and the age group, it doesn't feel like a simple fitness type game, and the listing on cities certainly feels like there'll be a competitive aspect to it. That along with Emily's comment has me rather intrigued.

Hoping the plastic thing doesn't end up becoming a landfill favourite though.

Status
Not open for further replies.