• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How much would you pay for a new Warioware game?

• $29.99

Votes: 160 26.7%
  • $39.99

Votes: 137 22.8%
  • $49.99

Votes: 105 17.5%
  • $59.99

Votes: 101 16.8%
  • $69.99

Votes: 97 16.2%

• Total voters

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Between this and the amount of Warioware predictions I've been hearing in various predictions videos, part of me feels like we're almost definitely getting Warioware at E3 lmao

Feels kinda weird they'd make a game without knowing how much they'd sell it for, and then ask fans to give their insight on price before revealing it actually exists.

But I love the series so I'll be very happy if a new one is coming.

shinken

Oct 27, 2017
100% yes. I miss WarioWare. WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgames! is one of my favourite game.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
"Definitely would buy", but I definitely want them to start brining their prices down too so I would just say "might or might not buy"

edit: are they trying to asses interest for the game or interest for the price?

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I feel the more likely outcome to people answering no is they just silently cancel the game without ever announcing it.
Someone must have suggested launching Bayonetta 3 at sub-$60 then...
d98xcj5-3db74884-83f7-448e-8415-f3db63f7979e.jpg

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
It's hard to truly answer that question without knowing what the game is. Will it have a huge amount of content? Will it have an online mode?

I find it difficult to say I would spend $60 on it, based on previous games. I think $50 is the max but it depends on what the game ends up being.

$40 feels like a good price from what we know of the series up until now.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Wasn't WarioWare one of the 'leaked' titles from an insider (I don't remember who it was) a couple years ago, along with Metroid V? Everything points to Metroid V being real, so maybe that makes WarioWare a little more believable too.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I mean the Wii one was 50$ and i thought it was worth it...

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
WarioWare Gold was worth $60. Gimme something of that quality and I will give you my soul MY SOUL

Woylie

May 9, 2018
I'd pay $60 for a fully featured console Warioware game, tbh

Make it as content-packed as Gold with mostly new games and maybe some smaller amount of returning ones, plenty of side games and doodads to grind out. They could reintroduce the motion games from Smooth Moves using the Joycons (but maybe limit those to their own mode, so the rest can still be played in handheld.)

And then add a bunch of new multiplayer modes like the Gamecube game that incorporate all of the new microgames. I think that'd be worth full price for sure.

I also wouldn't be OPPOSED to a lower budget, smaller spinoff experience that went for the Jackbox party game model, but it wouldn't really count as a real new Warioware to me. I don't even think Game and Wario was that misguided of an idea, it may have just needed a healthier platform than the Wii U to make it successful.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
I would pay that if it had twice the amount of levels it normally has. Some of them have been barebones in the past.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
The poll results show consistent price tiers that everyone accepts for WarioWare and Brain Training.

It's really telling Nintendo to, "Throw a dart onto the wall and choose whatever price it lands on, just give me the games."

hasher

Oct 10, 2020
Nintendo's pricing has never made any sense. I seriously never think anything of theirs is priced too high, it's just a matter of whether or not it's a game for me.

EAD Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Oct 27, 2017
Its creator only recently won his battle against throat cancer a few months back, so it'll be a while before we get another Rhythm Heaven game.

It's unfair to call Tsunku "the creator". The birth of the game came from Kazuyoshi Osawa who was a programmer and designer of the previous WarioWare series (didn't you wonder why the games had so much shared DNA). Osawa created the beat game prototype that powered the game.

Tsunku came to Nintendo with a music game proposal around the same time - and basically married some of his ideas and brought in the arranged music tracks to what might have been a flat BGM rhythm game otherwise.

Gold is evidence that they could have done another game without entirely new Tsunku produced music.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
WarioWare is worth full MSRP

Those games rule and anyone who thinks they're "lesser" because its a minigame collection is wrong