• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nintendo vs. Xbox - Who had the best E3 2021 conference?

• Nintendo

Votes: 2,417 49.8%
  • Xbox

Votes: 2,435 50.2%

• Total voters

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
BotW2 looks absolutely amazing as expected... and that was it. Xbox showed much more stuff including Halo's glorious return to form.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I liked Nintendo's ever so slightly more because their games are more appealing for me and they at least had gameplay for every announcement ( CGI and non gameplay teasers doesn't do jackshit for me, and that includes Prime 4).

I swing back and forth a lot between that and just giving it to Xbox, because the gamepass propositions are just THAT good.

Potato Mage

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 28, 2020
Metroid looked neat but not 60$ neat. Zelda obviously looked great but I'll play hundreds of hours of the games at the Xbox conference vs maybe 50 of Zelda so its not close for me.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft gave me the most value (bc I have game pass) but Nintendo decided to act like it was 2002 (not a bad thing, gamecube/gba nintendo too stronk) with their announcements; showing off Warioware, Mario Party, Zelda, Metroid, Advance Wars. So it's a even tie for me.

Apr 7, 2018
I don't understand why so many people bring up starfield as a positive for Xbox. We know nothing else about the game except for a date. If they showed game play like forza I'd understand, even a story trailer would be nice but all we got was a short teaser.

carlosfilho

Feb 3, 2021
I liked Microsoft+Bethesda's presentation, i liked that a lot of games are coming to Game Pass day 1, but the games were mostly shooters and a whole bunch of the games scheduled for 2022. Nintendo had all kinds of genres, games like Advance Wars, Life is Strange, WarioWare that i've been expecting for a long time, plus two bombshells as BOTW2 and Metroid Dread, and almost all of these games are going to be released this year. And we still might get another Direct later this year, so i liked Nintendo's presentation a lot more. But i liked both.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo has multiple things coming out this year that I want to check out so I pick them. There were a couple of things that caught my eye from Microsoft's conference.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
I thought both shows were incredibly underwhelming but I'd give the nod to MS for some more stuff I'd like to play. I'm really bitter about what they did to Advance Wars

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Xbox because of Game Pass value. Nintendo had a lot of games I intend to get down the line, but it's hard to justify the price imo. Both very good, and if Nintendo had their own "pass" it would be a harder call.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Both shows were pretty good. Not a fan of over half of Microsoft's show being shooters, but that's the market now, I guess.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
If they're on or coming to PC, they're not exclusive.
giphy.gif

RobotVM

Oct 27, 2017
I really had a tough time choosing. In the end I picked Nintendo just because of the games coming this year. Xbox did awesome though.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft knocked it out of the park. Nintendo's showing didn't do it for me. Looking forward to WW and AW, but that is about it.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
what's up with the weird, extremely hostile sentiment toward Nintendo fans in here? We got accusations of shilling, calling them delusional, and just straight up insults going around.

Why don't you post this as a response to anyone who's actually being hostile to Nintendo fans, and not my comment? What does anything in the comment you're responding to have to do with Nintendo fans?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox showed 4 first party exclusives coming out this year: Halo, Forza, Flight Sim and AoE IV.
I mean you would think so after having released pretty much nothing so far this year. Hell Halo was supposed to drop last year, Flight Sim is already out on PC and AoE IV isnt on Xbox.

Not saying MS didnt have a good show or you cant be excited for what was shown...but i think people really exaggerate the amount of stuff MS is gonna release this year.

FaultLineBlues

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Jul 14, 2020
I think Xbox had the better conference overall, but Smash DLC, BotW sequel, new Wario Ware and new Mario Party (which should've been an update for Super Mario Party) all still got me pretty damn excited. BotW is one of my favorite games of all time and I'm a massive Zelda fan so I'm super excited for the sequel, but Halo is also one of my favorite gaming franchises of all time and the footage shown had me buzzing out of excitement, so I personally give the edge to Xbox.

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Lightjolly

Oct 30, 2019
This must be the first time ever I've seen xbox "winning" a poll against nintendo, that narrative has truly changed

Not that I don't agree

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
User Banned (5 days): Trolling over a series of posts, history of infractions for trolling
Man, this is straight up trolling at this point. Because every single Xbox first party game is coming to PC/Steam and you know it.
The Xbox console has no exclusives, you are correct.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
I feel a direct comparison (pardon the pun) misses the point a little, because despite being E3 shows those publishers had different aims. Nintendo showed most (but not all) of what's coming in the next six months, and a couple of things for next year. Microsoft showed their hand for this year, some of their hand for next, and some of their hand for who knows when. Given their different focus, both publishers will show different amounts and types of things. Nintendo will probably announce another 2 or 3 first-party titles and a bunch of other stuff in September, while this was Microsoft's big blow out for the year, in all probability.

I find it difficult to compare them. Nintendo had more stuff that immediately interests me, even if I still think they're off the standards they were setting in 2017 and 2019 - at the very least, this year's variety of franchises and genres is better, and the number of releases is higher. Plus, third-party support is good (Monster Hunter Rise & Stories 2, Ys IX, No More Heroes 3, Life is Strange, Axiom Verge 2 are a good compliment to the first-party stuff).

There's no doubt though that Microsoft's offering with Game Pass is becoming stronger and stronger. I used to game on Xbox and dropped off, but I'm giving serious thought to rejoining.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Really embarrassing me today era, can't y'all just like video games without being assholes.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not proud of it, but Halo aside (which was more colourful than the others) I legitimately can not tell which is which.

Edit: I've just watched Atomic Heart. I completely forgot it existed, after watching it again I can confirm I don't really care for it

Edit 2: just rewatched bits of battlefield 2042 and stalker: they could easily be different levels of the same game for me where you murder people for fun

I can understand avoiding a genre. I personally almost never play fighting games but I know, from what people tell me, that the gameplay is totally unique between the different games. Comparing Halo and Stalker is like comparing Yakuza and Zelda since they're both third-person open-world adventure games with light RPG elements lol.

You mean like "Coming out on PC" and "literally on Steam (not released yet but it will be on the same day)" and therefore not Xbox exclusives?

If they're on or coming to PC, they're not exclusive.

What's the positive of a game being exclusive to one platform? Having a PC port is always good for me since I probably won't keep a specific console for more than 10 years but I'll always have a PC of some sort so that means I can always have access to those games.

Yes, emulation is a thing but it's never as convenient.