• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Sorry if it has been posted in the OT or elsewhere, but thought that was worth a thread.

The gaming equivalent of that Mummy movie trailer.
Via GoNintendo

And no it's not to avoid copyright claims from Sugiyama

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Nintendo doing what Square-Enix should have done a long time ago: Dump Sugiyama.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Maybe they thought about trying to recapture the meme magic from that Smash Ultimate trailer that everyone edited their own music into

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

In case you guys don't remember the funniest thing ever uploaded to Youtube

aaaahhhhAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
Heh. I did this accidentally for my film. Bloody Disgusting got the exclusive on it, and I sent them one without music.

They uploaded it and it was posted on Reddit and comments thought it was intentional and were overall intrigued by it. An hour later it was gone and the new one was in its place, but I felt like an idiot.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
Humble proposal:

Dump Sugiyama

Pick Up Kohei Tanaka.

Both heavily revered composers, and Kohei Tanaka can nail that 80's anime sound.

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't this happen at E3 recently with the Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer? Really funny to watch.
Nope I don't believe so. Every single Kingdom Hearts trailer is intentionally designed to either focus on music with voices but without sound effects, or music with sound effects but without voices.

Thronazuug

Mar 30, 2019
I see they finally removed Sugiyama.

Definitive edition indeed.
Non Bigot Collectors Edition.
WOW! I'll actually buy this version! Please let this be a real thing!!!
Nintendo doing what Square-Enix should have done a long time ago: Dump Sugiyama.
Humble proposal:

Dump Sugiyama

Pick Up Kohei Tanaka.

Both heavily revered composers, and Kohei Tanaka can nail that 80's anime sound.

This is my head canon. Thanks Nintendo.