• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HOUSEJoseph

Oct 27, 2017

Ok, Nintendo may have just started something here as they purposely tweeted the last 10-seconds of the Paper Mario trailer. At first I thought this was a joke but this tweet focusing on that part of the trailer was no accident.Very odd to happen on a weekend too.

So here we are folks, Metroid news coming this week, or is this yet another hurtful troll tweet?

EDIT: Here's some additional thoughts on the matter. I'm taking in everything everyone is saying here. What grabbed me about this tweet are a few things:

1) no handle. Why not tag Paper Mario in the Tweet?
2) Nintendo posted this trailer nearly two weeks ago and this was at the end of the trailer. Nintendo then proceeds to RE-emphasize ONLY the last 10 seconds of a handle-free Paper Mario trailer.

We know that Metroid Prime 4 is coming, and we know Nintendo likes to use references, but the way this was handled feels a bit different. Maybe we get nothing at all, it just seems like this was done to set us up for some news, perhaps Metroid Prime Trilogy (I know! I know!), a 2D Metroid, or legit Metroid Prime 4 news. As is always the case I guess we'll see.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
stop
it's just a joke from the trailer
that's it

nintendo can't even reference one of their IPs without people losing their minds

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Pumped and Ready for the upcoming Metroid Prime remaster trilogy!

Metroid Prime: Hunters
Metroid Prime: Federation Force
Metroid Prime: Pinball

All in one box!

It's nothing

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Remember that one time when Nintendo acknowledged the existence of StarTropics and nothing came out of it?

This is that all over again.

Lyre

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2020
London
It's a little bit odd that both NOA and NOE have focused on that one particular aspect of the trailer; like, why not, you know, focus on the actual game?

Weird company.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
stop
it's just a joke from the trailer
that's it

nintendo can't even reference one of their IPs without people losing their minds
well i dont think there are many instances where nintendo even references their own IP (other than something that is in the same universe like mario and luigi) in their friggin trailers unless its smash. also metroid prime 4 is slated for the switch.
This.

They do this all the time. It means nothing.
do they?

Kahla

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
DK Trilogy to SNES Online confirmed too! Just look at the DK Helmet taunting us like King K Rool does!

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Pumped and Ready for the upcoming Metroid Prime remaster trilogy!

Metroid Prime: Hunters
Metroid Prime: Federation Force
Metroid Prime: Pinball

All in one box!

Okay but an HD Hunters remaster with gyro aiming and not-assy online actually sounds kinda rad though? Although I haven't touched the game since I was a kid so the multiplayer might have been shit.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
its just a bit of fun they are having with their ip's on twitter, but every time people lose their minds. Stop reading too much into it!

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Here's another way to look at it. Has a Nintendo Twitter message ever actually teased something (that wasn't known to be) upcoming in an otherwise non-chalant message?

OP
OP
HOUSEJoseph

HOUSEJoseph

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I follow Nintendo's Twitter account and I know they troll but this is next-level trolling if that's all it is. Why focus specifically on the last 10-seconds in a tweet 10 days+ after the game's announcement, with no Paper Mario handle?

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
OP I think it's just a joke from Nintendo. However, with how aggressive people have been to shut down this particular rumor, I'd love to see it come true for the crow alone.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
that's a cool red helmet you're wearing Mario

it'd be a shame if something happened to it

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
It's pretty interesting that both NoA and NoE (on their many Twitter accounts) decided to tweet out this segment from the trailer in the last 24 hours.

Probably means nothing though.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Virtual Boy 2 VR headset in the shape of a metroid helmet coming. Screenshot this.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
what a silly Tweet

"hey everybody, here's that super obvious reference in case you missed its full appearance at the end of the trailer from two weeks ago"

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Ok, Nintendo may have just started something here as they purposely tweeted the last 10-seconds of the Paper Mario trailer. At first I thought this was a joke but this tweet focusing on that part of the trailer was no accident.Very odd to happen on a weekend too.

So here we are folks, Metroid news coming this week, or is this yet another hurtful troll tweet?

We all know Metroid is coming, but i dont see how this is a hint for an announcement lol

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
OP I think it's just a joke from Nintendo. However, with how aggressive people have been to shut down this particular rumor, I'd love to see it come true for the crow alone.

It is slightly notable that NOA do a tweet yesterday, NOE and NUK both do a tweet today - all referencing the same image, coupled with the rumour of an announcement that also came yesterday. I can see reason why people might wonder.

I don't think it's at the level to be actively anticipating something though.

pls be 2d pixelart metroid

Oct 25, 2017
It's a helmet... so it's VR related. There you go, exciting news coming.
nintendo-on-625x352-d404.jpg

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
it's frustrating that they're tweeting something so vapid when Paper Mario fabs are digging through info from other regions just to figure out anything concrete about this game that comes out in like 6 weeks

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Link's Awakening had a ton of references to Kirby or Mario and were shown in the trailers
thats true but thats really due to the game having such a legacy as this weird GB spinoff merging all type of nintendo characters. its not a new game in this sense and at the time of release of the marketing material for links awakening remake there was no new mario game or kirby game announced.
From which Nintendo IP is that helmet even from? Looks like a reference to an obscure IP..
i believe that is that robot from smash

i think his name is samus.

Ailyo

Oct 27, 2017
I do wanna point out that also Nintendo of Italy and Germany have posted the same tweet