• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Hmm I didn't find it when I put LEGO on the Search bar so yeah you might right.

However, they initially mentionned a Nintendo Direct which would mean that it is a game.

Maybe, but that's almost assuredly just a leftover from a draft page where they assumed it would be announced in a Direct that didn't get changed when the official reveal happened.

VerySerious

Oct 25, 2017
Wait! What does this mean?!

It's a reference to that Nintendo Direct thread where pretty much everybody lost their minds waiting for a Direct:
www.resetera.com

Is there a January Nintendo Direct? Find out next time on ResetEra!

Edit: Edit2: 1upmuffin has requested we put a link to the Nintendo ERA discord here so that people can join up and chat if they'd like, even after all this is over: NintendoERA Discord: https://discord.gg/WvvZ68b --- With 2018 right around the corner and the Nintendo Switch lighting up...

Enjoy!

Velguarder

Jan 10, 2020
The LEGO community is speculating that the €3.99 set is actually a blind bag CMF series. Usually 16-22 minifigs.

SayemAhmd

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 3, 2019
Let's get this straight, a copywriter probably fucked up somewhere writing a landing page, which has now sent the internet into a frenzy, Schrier is saying it's "all but confirmed" and while retailers do have some insider knowledge, they probably wouldn't have visibility on when a Direct was going to happen. (I used to work in a similar position)

Let's just calm down aye? The collaboration looks very cool.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
The LEGO community is speculating that the €3.99 set is actually a blind bag CMF series. Usually 16-22 minifigs.
That or a tiny MARIO Goomba and ? Block vignette. But a CMF series makes sense, put the powerup variants and any characters not in the mainline(Wario, Waluigi, Pauline, DK, Koopalings) in it

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's time...

9qjbefliwld21.png

ESv_46uX0AEVAav

Deleted member 25671

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
My son is gonna flip if they're making sets... or even a lego game... or probably both. I can't imagine Lego wouldn't do everything they could with the license.

Joei

Feb 3, 2018
We're finally free from our long K'Nex exclusive license nightmare

I always assumed this was the reason we never saw anything Nintendo and Lego, or more specifically Mario and Lego, in the first place. I'm very curious as to what this entails. All the possibilities sound so good... Mario and Lego movie? Yes, please. Mario and Lego toys? Yes, please. Mario and Lego video games? Yes, please.

Velguarder

Jan 10, 2020
my wallet :(

pls :(

can you show me the price tiers?

www.instagram.com

Topham Hatt on Instagram: "Full super mario set list. 13 sets and a minifigure series. Source: stonewars.de #legoleaks #lego #legosupermario #legoleak"

11 likes, 0 comments - yodaworst on March 10, 2020: "Full super mario set list. 13 sets and a minifigure series. Source: stonewars.de #legoleaks #lego #legosupermario #legoleak"

www.instagram.com

Topham Hatt on Instagram: "Part 2 to set list. #legoleaks #legosupermario #lego"

14 likes, 0 comments - yodaworst on March 10, 2020: "Part 2 to set list. #legoleaks #legosupermario #lego"

Plum

May 31, 2018

Would make sense. Looking at their set list the only ÂŁ3.49 ($3.99) sets there are the new DC Minifigure Series and a Power Functions connector. $3.99 is too cheap for it to be something like a polybag or even a keyring.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Blindbags? Oh god. I've occasionally bought into the minifigure range, but haven't felt an overwhelming need to pursue a complete set of a given series.

This one, though, might make me try.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I bet, at most, it'll be a set of random minifigs. I hope it's not though. I'd love a big Peach's Castle or Bowser's Castle like the Disney Castle they have.

Plum

May 31, 2018
watch the minifigs be Mario, Metal Mario, Gold Mario, Fire Mario, Tanooki Mario and not the random enemies that everyone knows the people really want

I know it's good to keep expectations in check but I don't think Lego would do something like that. Lego minifigure blind-bags are always incredibly varied in design to get more people wanting them all, and there are enough in a typical series that even a few Mario variants wouldn't fill up the roster too much.

SuperSah

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
www.instagram.com

Topham Hatt on Instagram: "Full super mario set list. 13 sets and a minifigure series. Source: stonewars.de #legoleaks #lego #legosupermario #legoleak"

11 likes, 0 comments - yodaworst on March 10, 2020: "Full super mario set list. 13 sets and a minifigure series. Source: stonewars.de #legoleaks #lego #legosupermario #legoleak"

www.instagram.com

Topham Hatt on Instagram: "Part 2 to set list. #legoleaks #legosupermario #lego"

14 likes, 0 comments - yodaworst on March 10, 2020: "Part 2 to set list. #legoleaks #legosupermario #lego"

Imagine a full scale Peach's Castle or some shit

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
watch the minifigs be Mario, Metal Mario, Gold Mario, Fire Mario, Tanooki Mario and not the random enemies that everyone knows the people really want

From the blindbags I've seen in the past, they tend to weirdly go all-out with them in a way they don't for the main sets, with unique molds and prints exclusive to the wave

This recent DC set for example has unique cowls for classic Batman & Bat-Mite, the latter also comes with a print of Detective Comics #1, and I'm sure there are more little things

49180328711_93688bbdb5_b.jpg

That said I wouldn't expect Goombas and the like, just things that fit in Mini Figure scale. My guess is Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Daisy, Toad, Toadette, Toadsworth, Wario, Waluigi, Rosalina, Koopa Troopa, Cat Mario, Cat Peach, Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Bowser Jr.

Bowser would probably be a Big Fig as part of a set a la Thanos, Hulk etc.

smoothj

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Danm. Have a kid on the way. Looks like I'll probably have to buy whatever this is. Dang it man this sucks ;)

SonicRift

Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing this is going to be an interactive toy that you can talk to, like the Sphero Spider-man. Connects through a smartphone app I bet.

I hope they also do regular minifigs though.

Ryno23

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Holy shit i hope its a Lego Mario game.... I never knew i wanted it but now I'm super excited at the possibilities

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I do expect a Lego Mario game eventually, if not this year then sometime down the line. Nintendo has already worked with Traveler's Tales on Lego City Undercover.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I hope there's a large $300 set instead of just some dumb knick-knacks

The rumour (which is likely true as Lego is a very leaky company) is that there's a whole bunch of sets ranging from the $3.99 ones (likely a blind-bag) to a $99.99 one.

My guess for the $99 one would be either Bowser or Peach's castle with around 800-or-so pieces. Licensed properties rarely have the best price-per-piece ratio so that would make it fall in line with themes like Star Wars and Marvel.