• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
But hey Lego and Nintendo, i have two younger kids, please have mercy on my wallet. Thank god that my eldest is currently out of the Lego "fanbase" ...

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
I'd whine over how they opted to make Mario sets when Zelda would probably fit better within the world of LEGO, but I'm concerned I'd be banned for brick begging.

lame joke aside this seems pretty neat. If the sets are rad I'll probably end up buying a big one and a small one. Maybe Peaches Castle or Delfino Plaza?

still want Zelda sets tho...
I mean Marios world basically revolves around square blocks already. I'd say he fits far better as Lego than Zelda.

MonsterJail

Self requested temp ban
Avenger
Feb 27, 2018
Nintendo Sets I would buy:
-Lego Arwing
-Lego Samus, baby metroid + ship
-Lego Blue Falcon + Fire Stringray double pack

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Lego Nintendo sets took way too long to happen.
I would have died for that 15 years ago when I was 10.
Anyway, that's super cool. Just imagine if they go on with that collab and start some Zelda sets, Metroid sets, Kirby sets, Animal Crossing sets, Splatoon sets...
I'm going to lose all my fucking money !!

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
lego__legend_of_zelda__ocarina_of_time_by_westalbott_d59h362-fullview.jpg

One step closer to this reality.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
It's a new ring fit like device , in order to jump in game you have to jump in real life . triple jumps and wall bouncing is supposedly really challenging

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
After Link's Awakening, Super Mario Land 2 is being updated. That's clearly just the Mario zone, aka the giant robotic toy tribute to Mario's hubris.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean Marios world basically revolves around square blocks already. I'd say he fits far better as Lego than Zelda.
You're absolutely right than Mario does make a good fit for LEGO in that sense. I'm more concerned with what the playsets would look like. The Zelda series has a bunch more iconic locations than the Mario series as a whole, which is expected considering what the two games are going for. The fine folks at LEGO would have to work their creative muscles a little harder with the Mario IP in order to craft sets for children and kids-at-heart alike, than they would with the Zelda series I guess?

I'm hype tho all the same. If they have an airship set i'll buy that day one. Or a tennis set with a waluigi minifig.

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha
If it is a game, I hope it is a Lego Nintendo universe game and not just a Mario Universe game.

Sets, I wold be fine with just mario for now.... and I would so buy most of them.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Now I get it! It's a stand for Switch, you slide your Switch main unit to that Mario thing and it has a Labo like gameplay. Let's see what functions it'll have.

Assuming this is depicted to scale - and it may well be a mockup for promotional purposes - the size of the studs that appear at the bottom make this device way too small to hold a Switch.

Surely the logical conclusion is Mario-themed Lego sets, but it does seem a highly odd way to actually depict that.

Nick

Oct 28, 2017
Is that not the actual Switch screen in some sort of Mario casing? You know, the console making the face etc?

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Assuming this is depicted to scale - and it may well be a mockup for promotional purposes - the size of the studs that appear at the bottom make this device way too small to hold a Switch.

Surely the logical conclusion is Mario-themed Lego sets, but it does seem a highly odd way to actually depict that.

I really doubt this has to do with Lego sets. Lego set news usually leak more than video games and if there was Mario sets we would have known. Plus, it's like impossible to have Lego pieces with LCD displays on them, that would be super expensive, what were seeing here is either belongs to Switch or a mobile phone. And since mobile phones would have compatibility issue, this is definitely a toy with a Switch in it.

Mirk

Oct 25, 2017
Just what I need to spend even more money on Lego. Son has pulled every Minecraft set out of me can't even imagine if they have Mario or Zelda set.

Wooohooooo!

Mutedpenguin

Dec 5, 2017
I wouldn't be shocked if this is game related.

Labo VR was announced last March for an April release..and we know Nintendo must have games coming out in April/May/June.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I really doubt this has to do with Lego sets. Lego set news usually leak more than video games and if there was Mario sets we would have known. Plus, it's like impossible to have Lego pieces with LCD displays on them, that would be super expensive, what were seeing here is either belongs to Switch or a mobile phone. And since mobile phones would have compatibility issue, this is definitely a toy with a Switch in it.

Oh, I didn't think this teaser was showing an actual product, I thought this was just something to tease 'Mario + Lego' keeping the specifics quiet.

If it *is* just a plastic widget that you shove a Switch into... where does Lego actually come into it?

Plum

May 31, 2018
This just appeared on Game's Website (the Direct bit is highlighted because I stole the image from the Speculation thread)

www.game.co.uk

Lego Super Mario - Register Your Interest | GAME

Have you heard? It's confirmed that Lego and Super Mario will be working together on an exciting new project! Read more & find out all the latest info at GAME.

ESwJuALWoAATw2A

WHAT COULD IT MEAN?

EDIT: It was changed:

076ad1c369513bfbad54a0709fee3d36.png

Last edited:

Norsuchamp

Feb 6, 2020
If this turns out to be a game, imagine the leg(o)s it will have on the sales charts!!!

Yes you read that right...

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, I didn't think this teaser was showing an actual product, I thought this was just something to tease 'Mario + Lego' keeping the specifics quiet.

If it *is* just a plastic widget that you shove a Switch into... where does Lego actually come into it?

We will see soon enough but my guess would be a full blown Lego Mario video game that comes with Mario Minifig cover for Switch which you can interact with using Joycons.

Whatever this is, using LCD displays is an unusual thing for Lego. This is definitely not a traditional Lego product.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
It's a new ring fit like device , in order to jump in game you have to jump in real life . triple jumps and wall bouncing is supposedly really challenging
I mean you jest, but...
I genuinely think it's likelier this is a toy that the Switch inserts into, but it'll be interesting to see how else Lego fits in with that. Nintendo of all companies aren't going to do the straightforward licensed Lego sets - they're going to want something unique from this collaboration.

Velguarder

Jan 10, 2020
Oh. Fantastic that my two most expensive hobbies are merging. It's my financial apocalypse.

"Sorry, dear. No new dining room table or kitchen appliances. I need more LEGO."