• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
In short, the thread title. Basically whener I push my pro controller stick to the right it jams and gets stuck there and doesn't return to centre. Anyone had this problem or know of a fix?

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
I had this problem (except it would eventually jump back to the center, after 5+ seconds). Amazon swapped it for a fresh one and let me keep the trashed one until the new one arrived, though this was literally the same day I got it.

G Darksoul

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Sue the bastards! I gave it to a friend with a kid and he's had nothing but issues with it...shoddy work Ninty...

Oct 28, 2017
Oh for fuck sake! My left Joycon has just started playing up which makes handheld play frustrating. Now I have this to look forward to with my Pro controller?

These bastards cost a fortune to buy once, let alone having to get the shitting things replaced!

Fuck you, Nintendo!

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Encouraging Fraud Over Multiple Posts
Op if you live by a GameStop look up if they have any USED pro controllers available. They have a nice return policy so go buy one, swap your junk controller and return it as if it's the one you bought and say it was defective. You'll get your money back and nobody will be the wiser. Just make sure it's the same color because that's the only description on the sticker.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Op if you live by a GameStop look up if they have any used pro controllers available. They have a nice return policy so go buy one, swap your junk controller and return it as if it's the one you bought and say it was defective. You'll get your money back and nobody will be the wiser.
What the fuck. That's fraud.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Oh for fuck sake! My left Joycon has just started playing up which makes handheld play frustrating. Now I have this to look forward to with my Pro controller?

These bastards cost a fortune to buy once, let alone having to get the shitting things replaced!

Fuck you, Nintendo!
I feel like Nintendo hardware has gotten a lot worse in quality lately
It seems so. Nintendo has always had great quality control when it came to their hardware but they really dropped the ball when it came to Nintendo Switch.
More evidence that it was rushed out the door.
There is literally no evidence this is a widespread problem with the pro what are you all on about....

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
Op if you live by a GameStop look up if they have any USED pro controllers available. They have a nice return policy so go buy one, swap your junk controller and return it as if it's the one you bought and say it was defective. You'll get your money back and nobody will be the wiser. Just make sure it's the same color because that's the only description on the sticker.
Don't they have serial numbers on those things?

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
It seems so. Nintendo has always had great quality control when it came to their hardware but they really dropped the ball when it came to Nintendo Switch.
Ever since the DS Lite their handhelds have had issues. The DS Lite had the hinge issues, the 3DS circle pad was flimsy (and there was that weird issues with the OG 3DS having painted D-Pads that would chip, though that was just an annoying cosmetic issue), and the entire clamshell family of 3DS's with the possible exception of the 2DSXL had issues with the top screen scratching when closed.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Doesn't matter. It's still fraud to return an item that wasn't the one you bought.

Well when I used to work at a GameStop our district manager instructed the store to hook up customers with this "perk" and in return they'd preorder stuff to pump up the stores numbers. So I guess GameStop itself committed a lot of fraud as you say.

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Well when I used to work at a GameStop our district manager instructed the store to hook up customers with this "perk" and in return they'd preorder stuff to pump up the stores numbers. So I guess GameStop itself committed a lot of fraud as you say.
Your district manager was committing fraud, yes. Like you can already tell this isn't on the up and up if the district manager was doing this to try and make his numbers look better.

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
I mean, the Switch itself seems insanely durable. I have seen durability video where people throw it around in a room and it just keeps running.

The Pro Controller is generally great, don't worry. I use one since I got my Switch 1 1/2 years ago and don't have any major problems with it. It's a great piece of hardware.

I wish Sony made Controllers of this build quality.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Your district manager was committing fraud, yes. Like you can already tell this isn't on the up and up if the district manager was doing this to try and make his numbers look better.

You would not believe the things this guy did to make his district look good. This controller swap was just the tip of the iceberg.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
I feel like Nintendo hardware has gotten a lot worse in quality lately

GameCube was the last piece of Nintendo hardware built like a tank. DS and Wii ushered in the cheap hardware era.

Sony and Microsoft are bad for it as well. I hate the race to the bottom. I'd gladly pay an extra $10 for better consistent parts instead of playing the lottery of getting the good vs junk stuff.

Khaos Prime

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So one person on a forum has a problem with his pro cotroller, we dont't even know how he treats his and suddenly it's a widespread problem.

Do you even have a switch or are you concern trolling?
I never said that this was a widespread issue. If you actually read what I wrote I said that the JoyCon drift issue was widespread.

And I do have a Switch. Got it at launch.

Mr G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I never said that this was a widespread issue. If you actually read what I wrote I said that the JoyCon drift issue was widespread.

And I do have a Switch. Got it at launch.
They way you wrote it looked like you lumped it together.
I also have a launch model and a pro controller, 2 years later no issues with the controllers.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
The Pro Controller is generally great, don't worry. I use one since I got my Switch 1 1/2 years ago and don't have any major problems with it. It's a great piece of hardware.

I wish Sony made Controllers of this build quality.

The Pro Controller is not good at all, the analogs are too loose and have too much way in all directions, the triggers suck and the Dpad is a complete disgrace. The only good thing is the battery and even the battery was better in the Wii U Pro Controller.

People should stop raving about this expensive turd.

OP
OP
A Strong Latte
Oct 25, 2017
I just exchanged it, because under Australian consumer law you can argue that stuff isn't up to par even if it's outside of whatever shitty 3 months warranty period the manufacturer provides.

Only problem is I lost my smash edition controller and now I have a normal one. But I might buy some replacement grips or something for ebay to jazz it up

For the record, this is probably the fastest i've ever had a controller break, but I still think the ps4 controller is a bigger piece of shit

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
The Pro Controller is not good at all, the analogs are too loose and have too much way in all directions, the triggers suck and the Dpad is a complete disgrace. The only good thing is the battery and even the battery was better in the Wii U Pro Controller.

People should stop raving about this expensive turd.
I have no problems at all so this is my personal take on it.