• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Micr...scsubtag=77b290c86e5611e8bed50e774cf9d6690INT

Is this a decent card/price? Trying to go all-digital.

Also does anyone have any experience with the Magic-NS? I have a PS4 controller laying around but no PS4 so I figured it might work better than a Pro Controller...
At this point I almost recommend a 200-256gb card if you are going all digital. That price shows up in Canadian for me but it seems like a good value.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
So guys I must have been to excited. Is there a warranty document in the box when you buy the system? I checked mine but don't see anything. Though everything is Japanese.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just want to vent some frustration with Nintendo just leaving money on the table with JoyCons.

Am I fucking crazy?

Hori is making a JoyCon with a D-Pad but no rumble, gyro, wireless mode. But it's also only $25.
495493-Header%2001.jpg');

For $30 each I would collect tons of JoyCon retro throwback controllers.

I thought we were finally getting a Game Cube one during Smash Direct but it was a fake out.

To be clear, this is what I'm talking about:

b33.png

c349daeedff7edb00f9e308e49da4e0aba18ff0c_hq.jpg

0g1XOgj.png

d6ynyyh3us2y.png

il_570xN.1483542386_8blz.jpg

fg__1_.0.png

Money on the table!

Who cares if some of these wouldn't be practical for full time use? At $30 it's all about the novelty and the fun of collecting, making frankenstein consoles.

The retro-themed standard JoyCons are also odd ommissions, they'd sell like gangbusters.

Consider this: people have been buying special edition handhelds despite already owning those systems forever. There are people who have multiple 3DSs because one has Link and the other has Pokemon.

Now you can collect stuff and change the system however you want for a lot less!

More fun and a lot more practical than Amiibo, IMO.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I'm buying one of those Hori joycons on day one. I was not expecting to buy so many Neo Geo fighters when I bought a Switch, lol, and the non-d-pad on the regular joycons is not optimal. I do feel proud though in that I can still play Garou decently with a regular joycon!

Fox1304

Oct 26, 2017
Such a shame that the third party docks still aren't safe to use.
Mine was perfect at work on my monitor, with my SNES controller besides it :(

F34R

Oct 27, 2017

yungronny

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
So I know these two aren't really comparable, but I'm between buying Hollow Knight, Breath of the Wild, and Battle Chasers: Nightwar. Which one is your personal favorite? I don't have a ton of time to game anymore but am really interested in all three. The more satisfying/"happy" the better, probably.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
So I know these two aren't really comparable, but I'm between buying Hollow Knight, Breath of the Wild, and Battle Chasers: Nightwar. Which one is your personal favorite? I don't have a ton of time to game anymore but am really interested in all three. The more satisfying/"happy" the better, probably.
With little time.. Hollow Knight. With little time, and longevity, BotW.

Jacknapes

Oct 26, 2017
Newport, South Wales
So........finally picked up a Switch from GAME yesterday. Got Breath of the Wild, the console and a carry case for £304 in total. The Switch itself was pre-owned, however was brand new (all still in original sealed packaging). Have since also got Mario Kart 8 and Kirby, and downloaded Fortnite. And got a Hori controller and a screen protector.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
If I want to connect the Switch to an HDMI television when I travel but don't want to carry a dock around, what's the best/easiest solution? Preferably without needing to bring a power adapter.

Last edited:

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah but I liked the idea of having one dock at home, stationary, and another at work, stationary too.
It can be stationary. I use mine on my streaming desk. You can simply use one really. Instead of having the cost of two docks. It's small enough to fit in one hand. Just carry it, and the power adapter, easy. Otherwise, you're going to have to put forth the money to buy two docks. If you try and go the cheaper 3rd party dock, well, there's a risk involved in that. You can buy two of the replacement cases I linked to, buy another official dock, and have one at home and one at work.
If I want to connect the Switch to an HDMI television when I travel but don't want to carry a dock around, what's the best/easiest solution? Preferably without needing to bring a power adapter.
There isn't as far as I know. You have to have a dock, or dock solution. Without either of those, you can't connected it to a tv properly.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Could have sworn I saw a USB C to HDMI adaptor at one point.
Right, but you still have to use a power supply. That's what I meant when saying "dock solution". Probably could have worded that better.
The C-Force "adapter" is what I've tested. It's ok for the most part, but not reliable. Sometimes it worked fine, sometimes it didn't work at all. /shrugs
https://www.amazon.com/C-Force-Multi-Port-Nintendo-Charging-Connecting/dp/B07488SMSF/

You can read the reviews, and they are pretty much in line with what I experienced.

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
I purchased an eshop card to pre-order Mario Aces but when I scratched it off it removed like 4 digits. Nintendo has to open a case and email me back in two business days.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Something really weird is happening with my Switch online.

Maybe my memory is failing me tho.

When am I supposed to be shown as when online, is there an icon or text to check so I can be sure I'm online?
Is the green dot beside your profile shown only if you have a pending friend request?

I'm never shown as online even if the console is, I need to play a game where there's some sort of online component (like ACA's leaderboards) and if I hit the home button to exit the game and check my profile it says OFFLINE SINCE 1 Minute (or similar wording), never ONLINE.

I have like 50 friends.
I NEVER see them online anymore, something that before I would see all the time. Their profiles are always offline, but I can check their games list and playtime activities. Up until 3 or 4 weeks ago I'd see them popping up as online all the time, even 10 or more online at the same time... nothing since, can't be real.
Also maybe I'm wrong but iirc it also told me how long has it been since a friend was online last time? Now all of them just have OFFLINE.

Checked my profile/account setting and they're all set to allow notifications, to get friend requests, to show my games and activity to friends etc.

Any help? Going crazy!

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I purchased an eshop card to pre-order Mario Aces but when I scratched it off it removed like 4 digits. Nintendo has to open a case and email me back in two business days.
I had the same thing happen to me. If you can give them enough of the code, they'll give you the rest of it. I did it by phone on a weekday.

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
I had the same thing happen to me. If you can give them enough of the code, they'll give you the rest of it. I did it by phone on a weekday.

Yeah I tried and they said they could only provide the first 8 and it's the last that are destroyed. So it has to go to some admin to approve and it takes like 2-3 business days.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Sorry if this is a dumb question, if I register a game cart to my Switch to get the gold points, does it "lock" the game to my Switch or can I still lend it to friends?

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
When am I supposed to be shown as when online, is there an icon or text to check so I can be sure I'm online?
You're automatically online when in games if you're connected.

You go offline when you go back to the dashboard so that's why you never see yourself online when looking at your own profile.

Ironchimp

Dec 16, 2017

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Darkest Dungeon crashed twice while playing for 2 hours so far, both happened when trying to recruite heroes, the controls are pretty bad too but there is touch screen at least.

sebco

Oct 27, 2017
Ended up ordering this ethernet adapter. Going to test it out on Splatoon 2 tonight. The random drops with full WiFi signal were getting pretty annoying, hopefully this will remedy that.

Last edited:

captainpat

Nov 15, 2017
I just recently got a Switch and I've got Zelda and Xenoblade 2. I'm thinking about getting a Bayonetta 2 but I'm not sure if I should get a pro controller instead. I really just want to play it portable most of the time but if using a pro controller is that much better I'll get one.

simtmb

Feb 28, 2018
My launch Switch died recently, random orange screen while undocked and in sleep mode.

I got it to work a few times by holding down the power button til it turns off fully, giving it some time, then turning it back on, but while trying to diagnose it (by enabling flight mode and a bunch of other nonsense) i cannot get it to boot anymore at all.
Only see the Nintendo logo, then around 10 seconds later the orange screen.

No 3rd party products used, all official and well kept, just bad luck I guess.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
I just recently got a Switch and I've got Zelda and Xenoblade 2. I'm thinking about getting a Bayonetta 2 but I'm not sure if I should get a pro controller instead. I really just want to play it portable most of the time but if using a pro controller is that much better I'll get one.
The pro controller is great, but I suggest you stick with what you have for now. Especially if your main use ends up being handheld. The games you have play perfectly well with joycons. As time goes on you might find you want a more standard controller, especially for games like Splatoon or Rocket League, then maybe look into one. Though I did prefer playing Bayonetta 2 with a pro controller...

captainpat

Nov 15, 2017
The pro controller is great, but I suggest you stick with what you have for now. Especially if your main use ends up being handheld. The games you have play perfectly well with joycons. As time goes on you might find you want a more standard controller, especially for games like Splatoon or Rocket League, then maybe look into one. Though I did prefer playing Bayonetta 2 with a pro controller...

thanks. I'll see about getting a pro controller when it's on sale or something.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I have far too many switch accessories but just ordered the rlsoco case that wirecutter recommends. I already have the butterfox case they recommend for when I'm only transporting the switch undocked. But the rlsoco looks perfect for carrying around everything. Been using a backpack that isn't exactly for the switch lol. Figure I should use a proper case since I'm going to bringing my switch around alot for smash. Also helps its discounted for like 20% off atm.
https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-nintendo-switch-accessories/

sebco

Oct 27, 2017
Ended up ordering this ethernet adapter. Going to test it out on Splatoon 2 tonight. The random drops with full WiFi signal were getting pretty annoying, hopefully this will remedy that.

Worked pretty seamlessly. Switch auto-recognized it, did a quick network test and then downloaded Fortnite. Only time will tell if it actually helps with dropping from Splat matches.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Just traded BOTW, Odyssey and Skyrim back in while EB had their 70% bonus value during E3. Got $77, $68 and $68AUD respectively. Insane, literally more than what I paid for all of them on day one.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
In a bit of a dilemma at the minute. My Switch which I bought at launch has a joy con problem. The right Joy Con latch is faulty and slides off without pressing the button (pretty sure this is a well know issue).

Amazon are only offering a total refund on the full unit... if I bought another Switch, could I transfer everything to a new Switch? User profiles, game played time, game saves etc. so it is essentially a full transfer?

Jacknapes

Oct 26, 2017
Newport, South Wales
Decided to get an official Pro controller, was getting fed-up of having to swap to the Joy Con to do some shrines in BotW then back to the Hori Pad. Least i got it for a decent price (sub £40, Argos messed me around and gave me a voucher as an apology).

When i'm at home, i leave the Switch docked and play on the big screen. It's only when i travel i take it with me, which is most of the time. I'm happy using the joy cons on the move. Got my Switch dock wired up using the stuff i had with the WiiU, i had to as the WiFi is terrible at times.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
In a bit of a dilemma at the minute. My Switch which I bought at launch has a joy con problem. The right Joy Con latch is faulty and slides off without pressing the button (pretty sure this is a well know issue).

Amazon are only offering a total refund on the full unit... if I bought another Switch, could I transfer everything to a new Switch? User profiles, game played time, game saves etc. so it is essentially a full transfer?
I don't think you can transfer the game saves or play time. Personally I'd just get a new right joycon, it'd be easier and less of a hassle.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

I don't think you can transfer the game saves or play time. Personally I'd just get a new right joycon, it'd be easier and less of a hassle.

You can move a User and associated saves to another Switch, provided you have both Switch consoles at the same time to facilitate the transfer.

https://en-americas-support.nintend...id/27394/~/how-to-transfer-user-and-save-data

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Anyone know how to fix the left joycon control stick "drifting" issue? Nintendo is asking for $80 to fix since my warranty is up. For that much, I can get a new set of joy-cons

Oct 31, 2017
How's the Hori d-pad? What I really want is for them to switch the position of the thumbstick and the pad.

I just asked my group chat who was getting Mario Tennis on Friday and followed it up with "fuck, another Switch game." I've barely scratched the surface of Hollow Knight, never 100%ed Yoku like I wanted, haven't touched the Octo Expansion, and am probably not going to bother with the Octopath Traveler demo before release. How are people saying there aren't games on this thing?!