• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
how do you unlock the third slot for a blade to put in, or will it just unlock automatically in later chapters

Sour

Oct 28, 2017
As someone 9 hours in, and dreadfully bored with the combat, I am curious what I haven't unlocked yet.

I'm not sure where you are up to, but I kinda felt like that until I hit chapter 4. Around that time the game got interesting story wise and the combat made sense? Maybe it was because I had a variety of blades to pick from or just because I felt I finally got the hang of the combat. The chain attack was the last thing I unlocked.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure where you are up to, but I kinda felt like that until I hit chapter 4. Around that time the game got interesting story wise and the combat made sense? Maybe it was because I had a variety of blades to pick from or just because I felt I finally got the hang of the combat. The chain attack was the last thing I unlocked.
Chapter 3, fairly early on in it, in the shall we say 'underground' region.

I just feel like the auto-attack wind-up phase of every encounter is a bore. Especially since it's a bit of a hassle making sure you're engaging multiple foes at once as to not reset your combo and have to wind-up yet again right after.

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama

I just feel like the auto-attack wind-up phase of every encounter is a bore. Especially since it's a bit of a hassle making sure you're engaging multiple foes at once as to not reset your combo and have to wind-up yet again right after.
You need to increase your affinity and work on blade swapping.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
What saturation level is everyone using? Game looks washed out and too yellow/brown at default for me, I pushed it up to 80% and it looks much better.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017

There is an accessory that you can get relatively early that adds a 50-60% chance of auto attacks proccing twice, which could help mitigate this. It's called Galaxy Cube. I think you should be able to get one already.

There is also a blade you eventually get through the story (check the blade abilities of it) who will refresh an art if you get a critical hit with that art. If you pump up your critical hit rate, you can end up using arts even more rapidly than autos.

winstein

Oct 28, 2017
Malaysia
I have head conflicting reports on the SNES30/SF30 Pro's d-pad, where many people praised the d-pad being functional, yet some people criticised it for not being accurate. What is the opinion of those of you who had the chance to use it?

Thank you for reading.

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
Rogue Aces is out later today. I have it on the Switch (Early copy) but I can't get any footage from that. I bought the PS4 version (The same game) and recorded some from there on the normal campaign. There's normal and vet campaign plus one other you can unlock and some various arcade modes.

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
I have head conflicting reports on the SNES30/SF30 Pro's d-pad, where many people praised the d-pad being functional, yet some people criticised it for not being accurate. What is the opinion of those of you who had the chance to use it?

Thank you for reading.
I haven't had any trouble with mine. I have two of them...

They feel exactly like SNES controllers. Their Dpads are better than Nintendo's current Dpads. I haven't had any issues with inacuracy with the SNES30s but have had tons of inacuracy from the Switch pro controllers.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yay, finally got a switch. got botw to keep me busy for a while, will get odyssey next

photo_2018-04-12_17-1xooi4.jpg

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm jealous that you get to play through BotW for the first time. I wish I could go back and play it for the first time again.
it will be my first "big" zelda game, i've only played link's awakening, minish cap and the DS games. i've already started (at the point the guy turns out to be a jackass and asks for more to give me the paraglider) and it's effin awesome.

edit: some quick first impressions of the game and the console. gyro aiming is amazing, and i found the best way to control the game to be separated joycons. eventually i have to buy a pro controller too. would have bought one with the system if it wasn't so expensive.
switch's OS is very sleek and modern, but the eshop is VERY basic, i cant imagine many people finding new games they might be interested in by browsing the store. comparing it to something like apple's app store makes it look not that good.

Last edited:

theSoularian

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know there was Switch hangout. I got one back in December before the Christmas holidays, and I got couple of indie games off the digital store so I was playing those during holiday break. Someone generously gave me digital code for Breath of the Wild I barely just started it.

I'm a long time Playstation guy(Sega before that) and this is first Nintendo system I've ever owned, but not first one I've played. It's been a long ass time since I played a Nintendo system.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
I just realised something. Summer this year will be a blast for me. Didn't buy Sonic Mania and Wonder Boy last year due to waiting for a physical release.

Additional to those two releases I will buy (in Summer):
Wild Guns Reloaded
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom (if any good)
Mega Man X Collection
Mario Tennis Aces
Crash Bandicoot NSany Trilogy
---
+ Sonic Mania Plus
+ Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap

What a blast from the past. Still hope they'll release the Seiken Densetsu Collection in the west, even already owning the japanese release. So great to see all those old Franchises and classic games again.

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017
Just finish Kamiko, and tbh is actually a decent game for 2,50€ (bought while in promo). Is very short, around 1eish hour.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I picked up a Magic NS adapter from a second-hand shop. The latest firmware update added Wii Remote + Classic Controller support. I have a Tatsunoko vs Capcom stick that is basically a giant claasic controller. I modded it with side buttons wired to ZL and ZR and use it as a pinball controller.

So now my Switch has a wireless arcade stick and a sweet pinball controller for both tabletop and docked mode. There is no perceptible lag but if I want to get picky I do have a HRAP4 for PS4 that the Magic NS will work with.

It's like having a portable modular arcade machine.

20180416_224030.jpg

20180416_224224.jpg

20180416_223850.jpg

20180416_224404.jpg

(Note: the adapter isn't actually in use for the pics because i'm waiting on a USB A to USB C adapter arriving on Wednesday. It was supposed to come with one but it didn't so I had to order one for $5. But this will be the set up away from the TV)

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
So I plan to get a Switch in the winter when SSB comes out at the latest or a August at the earliest and I wanted to ask has someone made a list of Switch game that requires Internet access in order for the game to be whole? I want to avoid an situation where I buy a physical game and I have to download the other 1/2 of the game because the publisher was to cheap to use a bigger size cartridge instead.

Deleted member 42221

Banned
Apr 16, 2018
About to go for a holiday, and I want recommendations for indie Switch games - any genre - I just want quality.

I already have Celeste, Battle Chef Brigade, Snipperclips, and Sonic Mania.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
About to go for a holiday, and I want recommendations for indie Switch games - any genre - I just want quality.

I already have Celeste, Battle Chef Brigade, Snipperclips, and Sonic Mania.
You can't go wrong with either Steamworld Dig 2 or Heist, both games exude quality and production values, and they're both top examples of their genres with a clever twist (Dig 2's super addictive dig-sell-upgrade gameplay loop and Heist's brilliant 2D turn based strategy design).