• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Madvillain

Nov 1, 2017
the Netherlands
Hello everybody!! I decided to post my Switch Friend Code in here (please just notify me who you are here so I will know who to accept):
6148-3616-1507
My name there is my real name, Dominic.

Don't know if this is the right place to post it but I'd like to fill up my friends list a bit more so oh well.

SW-7511-3071-2156
I don't play too much online atm but once Smash comes out I will be on that lots and happy to play with anyone.

Added you both.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
Don't know if this is the right place to post it but I'd like to fill up my friends list a bit more so oh well.

SW-7511-3071-2156
I don't play too much online atm but once Smash comes out I will be on that lots and happy to play with anyone.
Hello everybody!! I decided to post my Switch Friend Code in here (please just notify me who you are here so I will know who to accept):
6148-3616-1507
My name there is my real name, Dominic.

Added you both.

crafton

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked before but is it possible to have audio come out of both a bluetooth headset and the TV whilst docked?

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Got my refurbished Switch in the mail finally. Pretty surprising, not even a single fingerprint on it.

Took a while to get here but it was worth it since this green and pink joycon version is only from the now overpriced Splatoon 2 bundle.

kreven

Oct 25, 2017
NB, Canada
Is there any way to know what games were updated automatically when there were multiple titles updated while the Switch was on sleep mode?

I got a notification this morning that Yoku's Island Express and '1 more title' were updated, but I can't figure out which other one it was.

Shawndroid

May 24, 2018
Canada
Is there any way to know what games were updated automatically when there were multiple titles updated while the Switch was on sleep mode?

I got a notification this morning that Yoku's Island Express and '1 more title' were updated, but I can't figure out which other one it was.

I get that as well. I have not found a way to tell which games have gotten updates. (It probably doesn't matter, usually.) But I suspect the barebones Switch OS doesn't support this. I have a small about of unjustified hope that ahead of the Switch Online they will release an update that makes the OS a little more feature rich. But there is no reason to believe that will happen.

crafton

Oct 28, 2017

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It does, you just need a USB dongle to pair with rather than being supported by the internal controller:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._headphones_on_your_switch_but_theres_a_catch

My issue is that when you do use a headset all the audio goes through that, I'm hoping there is a perhaps an option I've missed to allow audio to come out of both.
Solutions depend on your TV, some support piping out audio to two outputs at once if headphones are present. But the best approach is probably to split the audio on the TV either through a BT audio splitter to headphones+speakers or through a receiver.

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
Paladins ain't bad. I've played it a long time ago on Steam, but I'm not willing to play on my PC cause I got better stuff to play. On the Switch? It's okay, its definitely playable and I love the customization.

Holy hell I'm in hell for all the load times though. Solid State drives spoils me. It's like at least a minute or two between each screen so every game takes a good 4 minutes probably to even start. (I haven't timed it)

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
It looks like I need to replace both my Switch's housing shell (back plate) as well as the joystick of my left Joy-con as it's been acting weird lately. The console is already out of warranty, so I'll have to do it myself. After checking a few videos it looks like I need a Y screwdriver and a phillips screwdriver, and I was wondering if I could use a cheap set of screwdrivers (I've found a few on eBay for 5€) or I'm better off spending more money on a specific set. Also, any tips/things I should take into account before replacing both parts?

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It looks like I need to replace both my Switch's housing shell (back plate) as well as the joystick of my left Joy-con as it's been acting weird lately. The console is already out of warranty, so I'll have to do it myself. After checking a few videos it looks like I need a Y screwdriver and a phillips screwdriver, and I was wondering if I could use a cheap set of screwdrivers (I've found a few on eBay for 5€) or I'm better off spending more money on a specific set. Also, any tips/things I should take into account before replacing both parts?
Can't speak for the joycons, but for the backplate you can use any tri-point Y00 screwdriver, afterwards it just lifts off.

I have one of those 64-bit sets that covers pretty much every screw head imaginable (example from iFixit: https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Tools/Mako-Driver-Kit--64-Bit-Driver-Kit/IF145-299-4 ) but any mini-set in the $5 range works. :)

Bulbul

Nov 20, 2017
I bought an Ethernet dongle (Linksys), but no matter what i do the switch wont recognize it, Is it true that i have to buy a specific adapter for it to be recognized?

MikeKlump

Oct 30, 2017
California
It does, you just need a USB dongle to pair with rather than being supported by the internal controller:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._headphones_on_your_switch_but_theres_a_catch

My issue is that when you do use a headset all the audio goes through that, I'm hoping there is a perhaps an option I've missed to allow audio to come out of both.
This doesn't mean that it supports bluetooth. You could literally plug a bluetooth transmitter into anything and get it to work. The transmitter supports bluetooth, the Switch does not.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Hello SwitchERA

I am proud to have finally joined your clan. Where are the deals? What accessories do I need? Lemme start cracking open this box now

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Hello SwitchERA

I am proud to have finally joined your clan. Where are the deals? What accessories do I need? Lemme start cracking open this box now

Only thing you'll 100% want is a screen protector, ASAP. The Switch's screen is plastic, and thus susceptible to minor scratching, while resistant to shattering.

Deleted member 42221

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
What do we feel will pop up in the next Nintendo direct

My predictions

• Taiko no Tatsujin localisation announced
  • A new Smash Bros Ultimate trailer
  • Hotline Miami 1/2 Switch Port
  • Something Fortnite related
  • New Super Mario Bros U Switch Port announced
  • Wonderful 101 Port announced

Lonn

Oct 29, 2017
Got my refurbished Switch in the mail finally. Pretty surprising, not even a single fingerprint on it.

Took a while to get here but it was worth it since this green and pink joycon version is only from the now overpriced Splatoon 2 bundle.
Ordered from the official Nintendo website? Yeah basically brand new lol.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Paladins ain't bad. I've played it a long time ago on Steam, but I'm not willing to play on my PC cause I got better stuff to play. On the Switch? It's okay, its definitely playable and I love the customization.

Holy hell I'm in hell for all the load times though. Solid State drives spoils me. It's like at least a minute or two between each screen so every game takes a good 4 minutes probably to even start. (I haven't timed it)
The Switch is using Solid State memory. It doesn't have a hard drive.

It's not the drive. I've played Paladins on PS4, on a standard-speed 2tb HDD, and load times are far better. Loading a character model in the menus on PS4 takes about 1-2 seconds, on Switch it feels like a good 15 seconds.

Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guys i need help, i couldn't install captain toad today because my switch says i'm out of memory.
I want to install it in the internal memory since i still have like 10GB there and my memory card is already full
What could be happening? also i don't know why my memory card is full either (definitely not my 2 games in there) is there any file that i can delete without affecting the console?

Thanks

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Remove the SD card, start the download, turn the system off again and reinsert. The system will not install to the internal memory if there's one inserted at all and there's no memory management either.

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
Can't speak for the joycons, but for the backplate you can use any tri-point Y00 screwdriver, afterwards it just lifts off.

I have one of those 64-bit sets that covers pretty much every screw head imaginable (example from iFixit: https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Tools/Mako-Driver-Kit--64-Bit-Driver-Kit/IF145-299-4 ) but any mini-set in the $5 range works. :)

Thanks! I've finally ordered a mini-set for 5€ from eBay, hopefully that'll do the job

Acquila

Oct 26, 2017
Remove the SD card, start the download, turn the system off again and reinsert. The system will not install to the internal memory if there's one inserted at all and there's no memory management either.
Wot, I've been installing fine. My Switch automatically started installing into internal once my card was full.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Is anyone else annoyed by how close the analog sticks are to the buttons?

Ive ran into this a little bit after playing some RER2 and Fortnite, virtually impossible to aim and use the buttons since they're super close. Not a huge huge deal, just know that those games may be better suited for TV play

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
Does the Switch not count your playtime any more after 1 year, because in BOTW which was my launch game, it has been showing the same play time for a long time.

Gonna be heading to Disneyland in about two weeks and I'm needing a new external charger anyways, so I've been considering one that's compatible with charging a Switch.

What are the best options out there (and available on Amazon)?

Thanks!

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
Console setup told me after ten days it would show playing, so I don't think it is a bug.

But yeah they need to fix their stuff.

What I mean, is a year after breath of he wild came out, people who bought it on launch day all of a sudden saw that it said they only had the game for a day. And their hours were gone. But ten days later, their hours were back. Not sure if they fixed that. But I assume they did.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by in ten days. This has been happening for months. I've been on 'over 60hrs of playtime' for several months or more despite playing many more hours.
The playtime only updates when you fully close a game. So if you haven't shut it down in all those hours it won't have updated yet.

repeater

Oct 27, 2017
Can I charge my Switch with a phone charger? Forgot the proper charger at my mom's place across the country (I don't really play docked).