• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Arebours

Oct 27, 2017
is there is a switch console shortage? price is currently 44000 here in japan which seems very expensive to me.

Arebours

Oct 27, 2017
Also every online store I've checked is out of stock. Surely this must be related to the corona virus, and if that's the case I wonder if the shortage might continue for a while.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Picking up my Animal Crossing Switch right now from my lobby.

The plan is to buy:
  • Animal Crossing
  • BoTW
  • Civ VI
  • Smash

The console is mostly for my wife who doesn't really game but is looking for something to do during her grad spring break.

Any top Switch games recommended by others?

Darryl M R

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like we goofed and didn't check out necessary accessories. I'm assuming I should get an SD card and a screen protector. Is the screen protector necessary?

Too many to list, but I'll start with Super Mario Odyssey.
We aren't big/core Mario fans outside of Mario Kart and Mario Party

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
Looks like we goofed and didn't check out necessary accessories. I'm assuming I should get an SD card and a screen protector. Is the screen protector necessary?

We aren't big/core Mario fans outside of Mario Kart and Mario Party
For what little they cost, I'd recommend getting a screen protector, yes. Whether you need an SD card depends on how much you'll be buying digital games, but 64GB/128GB cards are very affordable now.

I'd still view Super Mario Odyssey as an essential purchase, but perhaps you could give a steer as to the types of games that you're looking for? Have you considered Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Super Mario Party, given that you enjoy those series?

Darryl M R

Oct 25, 2017
For what little they cost, I'd recommend getting a screen protector, yes. Whether you need an SD card depends on how much you'll be buying digital games, but 64GB/128GB cards are very affordable now.

I'd still view Super Mario Odyssey as an essential purchase, but perhaps you could give a steer as to the types of games that you're looking for? Have you considered Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Super Mario Party, given that you enjoy those series?
We are on the fence with Mario Kart and Mario Party until we confirm how many of our friends have those games.

We mostly like adventure and competitive games. We are downloading BoTW right now and plan to eventually get Smash.

Civ 6 also is on our short list.

I'm shocked by how 2+ years old games cost $60 still.

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Is there any way to sign out of my Nintendo account on ALL devices? I know how to deactivate a device as primary, but is there a way to fully sign out? (without having access to the devices)

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
Is there any way to sign out of my Nintendo account on ALL devices? I know how to deactivate a device as primary, but is there a way to fully sign out? (without having access to the devices)
If you find nothing else I guess changing the password could be a solution?
Even if it's a very drastic one.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hey, sorry this has probably been asked a million times, but does Nintendo really replace drifty joycons for free? I have two pair, one from launch that are totally unusable.

Jun 22, 2019
I only just got a Switch. I usually don't like FPS games, but turns out I really dig gyro aiming (with joycons detached, haven't tried it with them attached to the screen yet, although chances are I will like that too).

Which Switch games have good gyro aiming functionality?

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Got a Switch last week. Got some credit at a game store and temporarily laid off. Got Animal Crossing tomorrow. If you had to buy only one Switch game, what would you buy?

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
Got a Switch last week. Got some credit at a game store and temporarily laid off. Got Animal Crossing tomorrow. If you had to buy only one Switch game, what would you buy?

Like a few others, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Weeks and months after playing it, I was still discovering new things to do or new ways to approach certain situations. I'll probably start the game over again when we get a definitive release date for its sequel.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Best (available) Bluetooth adapter that works with AirPods? With the Whole family likely stuck in the house for the foreseeable i May need to play the switch more handheld to free up the TV

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Has anybody ordered Limited Run Games stuff to the UK before? How much does it cost with shipping?

Bladerunner has been announced for Switch. Plus trying to gage how much people are inflating Divinity on eBay.

BoondockRiley

Nov 15, 2017
So massive lol! Lost both my jobs yesterday because of CoVID 19 but luckily already downloaded animal crossing so at least I'll be able to play that for the next 12 weeks right? NOPE! My Switch has decided to brick on me, and is now cutting to a black screen with Error Code 2002-4373 every time its in operation for more than about 5 seconds. Was working fine Thursday night but is now fucked. Nintendo's support websites are shit, anyone got any suggestions or shall I just grab a bottle of bleach and some pills now? Cba

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Does Splatoon 2 have offline local multiplayer for two people? Split screen or something like that?

Also what are the best offline multiplayer games to play for 2 or more people?

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017
Do any of you have any input on if the new Mariko Switch runs cooler in the hands (handheld mode), and if it's also quieter in the dock? I'm debating grabbing the Animal Crossing model, but I still have the OG model, so it's kinda challenging trying to justify the purchase (First World Problem) 😅.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I only just got a Switch. I usually don't like FPS games, but turns out I really dig gyro aiming (with joycons detached, haven't tried it with them attached to the screen yet, although chances are I will like that too).

Which Switch games have good gyro aiming functionality?

I'm having a blast playing Wolfy 2. Makes aiming so much easier, and I think makes the gameplay flow better as it's easier to just plow through Nazis with precision. Enjoying it way more than I did on Xbox One.

Sniper Elite 3 also has good gyro aiming, but it's a stealth sniping game, so completely different compared to something like Wolfenstein.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
So massive lol! Lost both my jobs yesterday because of CoVID 19 but luckily already downloaded animal crossing so at least I'll be able to play that for the next 12 weeks right? NOPE! My Switch has decided to brick on me, and is now cutting to a black screen with Error Code 2002-4373 every time its in operation for more than about 5 seconds. Was working fine Thursday night but is now fucked. Nintendo's support websites are shit, anyone got any suggestions or shall I just grab a bottle of bleach and some pills now? Cba
Turn off system, remove microsd card, reboot system. Still having the issue?

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
I've noticed that Animal Crossing installed 66 MB of data on my internal memory even though I still have 7 GB of free space in my sd card. Also noticed this in other games, which I redownloaded. LOL.

Anyone know what kind of data get stored on the internal memory?

Kinda driving my OCD crazy because I want every data related to a game be on the sd card. LOL.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
I've noticed that Animal Crossing installed 66 MB of data on my internal memory even though I still have 7 GB of free space in my sd card. Also noticed this in other games, which I redownloaded. LOL.

Anyone know what kind of data get stored on the internal memory?

Kinda driving my OCD crazy because I want every data related to a game be on the sd card. LOL.

Save data always does. It could also be files they don't want tampered with as well.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey peeps. I am in the market for a Nintendo Switch and noticed that Gamestop here in Finland is running a quite nice promotion (stores closing). You get a bit off from consoles and on top of that, you get free games worth 100€ (Animal Crossing, yayyy). I just wanted to ask, what's the difference between the newer revision and the older? The only Gamestop where I live doesn't seem to have the 1.1 in stock but they do have the older models in stock. Do I really lose anything besides a few hours extra battery life if I go with the older model? My use case would be strictly have it docked 90% of the time.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Hey peeps. I am in the market for a Nintendo Switch and noticed that Gamestop here in Finland is running a quite nice promotion (stores closing). You get a bit off from consoles and on top of that, you get free games worth 100€ (Animal Crossing, yayyy). I just wanted to ask, what's the difference between the newer revision and the older? The only Gamestop where I live doesn't seem to have the 1.1 in stock but they do have the older models in stock. Do I really lose anything besides a few hours extra battery life if I go with the older model? My use case would be strictly have it docked 90% of the time.

Battery is the only significant difference AFAIK, so if you're going to play primarily docked, an old model should be fine. (That said, you might surprise yourself with how much you play handheld, even just at home!)

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Battery is the only significant difference AFAIK, so if you're going to play primarily docked, an old model should be fine. (That said, you might surprise yourself with how much you play handheld, even just at home!)
Yay, they just had gotten 1 v1.1 in stock and I was able to get that :P

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Yea there is a shortage. I just bought a V2 a week+ ago and it was the last one at the Gamestop near me. All the other Gamestops within 100 miles had ZERO. I told them to hold it for me and the next day when I went to pick it up there was another guy looking for one but they had held mine so RIP him. The thing is the left joy-con is slightly looser than the right joy-con. It doesn't come off or anything but its just not as TIGHT. I used to own a V1 switch and never had this issue but a quick google shows plenty of people have one joy-con thats slightly looser than the other. The problem is I can't even exchange it because all the gamestops are all sold out. For now I'm just gonna deal with it and when they get more in I'll explain the situation with them. No big deal, all the games still play fine.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Also I used to own the SFbags CitySlicker case for my old V1 Switch but I was just checking out their site again (sfbags.com) and they have a limited edition waxed canvas version of the CitySlicker that comes with the leather 10 game holder (so it holds 15+ games overall). It's only available until March 31st for whatever reason. Its so sick I think I have to order it. With Covid-19 they aren't in the offices yet but at least they offer free 2 day Fedex shipping for when they get back. I know its pricey but damn is this sexy. My only complaint with the CitySlikcer I had is the leather colors always looked bland compared to their Switch pouch colors (that offered less protection).

Slate-Switch-Lite-Skull-Candy-Hero-v2_1800x1800.jpg

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Just repaired my left joycon. Wasn't too bad but the final shell was a pest to go back on. Had to be a bit more firm with the screws than I'd like to have been and the plastic rail has a little creak when I push in on it. Works though, and should be driftless.

One stick left for my other unit now.

Bandate

Nov 6, 2017
Anyone knows if I'm able to use the same profile to play a different game on a different switch? Looking to get another switch as my wife is too hooked on animal crossing. She used my profile when she started and was just wondering if I can play dragon quest on a different switch.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone knows if I'm able to use the same profile to play a different game on a different switch? Looking to get another switch as my wife is too hooked on animal crossing. She used my profile when she started and was just wondering if I can play dragon quest on a different switch.
www.digitaltrends.com

How to Gameshare on a Nintendo Switch | Digital Trends

Gamesharing on Nintendo Switch is possible, and in this robust guide, we'll show you exactly how it works.