• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
It's $20 a year.

More than worth it for the NES/SNES games and Tetris 99. I've played far more NES/SNES games than I would have if I had to buy each one.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Yes, sadly you can't buy those retro games individually. Right now a game was never removed and hopefully they never will.

Ah yes that too!
You get
NES Collections
SNES Collections
Tetris 99
Mario 35(for a limited time I guess)
They used to have vouchers, where you can get 2 full price games for $100($20 off)
Online play
Cloud Saves
And occasional week-long game trials. Like giving you ARMS(the full version) for a week or two.

The NES and SNES games don't seem to cycle out as well.

Thanks for the info

Tempted to get it but I have Playstation and my PC backlog along with that access to my retro games/consoles so not sure if it would be worth paying for it since my time across all platforms is typically shared (on top of me getting a Switch for its first party titles).

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
As long these numbers keep going up, expecting Nintendo to "catch up" on the online front is naive at best.

hrœrekr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 3, 2019
Paying for online should have never happened.
But at least it's very cheap, and it's worth just for the NES/SNES games.

Onilink

Oct 30, 2017
The most hilarious part of this post is paying 24 euros for the sub.

Snes masterpieces, NES stuff, Tetris 99, game trials, now SMB 35... I got my 5€ worth lol
You can even get Tetris 99 physical plus a 12 month sub for 21€ on Amazon btw, it's been 18€ before
I don't think there are mythological creatures (in this board) that pays more than 5 bucks/ year, sincerely.

riq

Feb 21, 2019
The NSO games make this worth it, but it feels wrong rewarding Nintendo for such a bad online infrastructure and uploading some roms every couple months, even if it is a cheap sub.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Comparatively speaking, the NSO's offerings are lacking against the competition, but it's the cheapest online sub available and comes with a lot of passive perks, such as Tetris 99 and access to a quality NES/SNES library with retrofitted rollback online multiplayer. It's a fairly low-key investment.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
Got renewed today, didn't remember it was the date and was like "I got hacked, who spent money with my eshop account !?!"

Anyway, service is trash and quite cynical. Despite paying we still have lol online (Mario maker 2 is unplayable and smash is a gamble), and I have the lan adapter and a top tier fiber connection.
" virtual console " could be far better.

At least it's cheap, I guess ?
Congrats on the numbers, couldn't really say it's deserved lol

Deleted member 4262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not really worth it so I unsubbed a while back. MK8 also disconnects me all the time so fuck that.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm curious about the math behind this. I share a family subscription with three other people, do we count as four "paid memberships"? Not that it really matters, the entire NSO thing feels like a huge afterthought. But if they can trot out meaningless numbers to their shareholders...

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
The vouchers paid for 6 years of my service lol. I would have paid full price for Tetris 99 alone. This is a great value imo.

The online aspect itself could use some work though.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
It's been an affordable and amazing service IMO. 20 bucks a year to play Animal Crossing with my entire family who live in different states, so much Splatoon 2 and Tetris 99, and a ton of free NES and SNES games.

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Amazing. Animal Crossing alone was a huge push to get online. So many people got online, even just for a couple months, in order to play with friends.

Nintendo just needs to keep the hits coming. Mario 35 is next.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the vouchers were absolutely the best part of the deal, I just wish they kept doing them in NA.
I wonder why it was just NA that stopped. It couldn't have been hurting Nintendo much since it encouraged buying digitally. But I guess it made the online service "free" in a round about way for many.

Even with no vouchers, totally worth it for the apps and Tetris 99.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Not really surprising tbh, regardless of it's quality. Besides it being cheap for online play, Nintendo gave it away for free a couple times.

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the info

Tempted to get it but I have Playstation and my PC backlog along with that access to my retro games/consoles so not sure if it would be worth paying for it since my time across all platforms is typically shared (on top of me getting a Switch for its first party titles).
It comes down to if you can spare under <$2/mo lol. I might be alone on this, but it's so cheap even if I'm annoyed by some things it's worth having

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I havent subbed in months cause it's trash.

Ive been using the My Nintendo reward that gives you a week free every month for when I actually want to go online.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
It comes down to if you can spare under <$2/mo lol. I might be alone on this, but it's so cheap even if I'm annoyed by some things it's worth having

Don't get me wrong - it's not the price is the issue , it's whether it's worth getting it due to the amount of stuff I have available that I can also play

Some of the SNES and nes games I have played and own too

Might get it in the future once I run dry on the switch titles but I don't see that happening anytime soon either since I have a huge wishlist 😂

edwardvh

Dec 11, 2018
For such a mediocre implementation im surprised its not just miyamoto family paying for it.