• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Please don't bite, scalpers.
Nobody wants this, I promise.
Yup scalpers please ignore this launch not worth it at all

200w.gif

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
I think scalper listings will tell us if there is demand for this. Because if no one's biting, they will stop scalping.

I am not expecting demand...but we'll see. The different screen and bigger storage alone is probably gonna be scalper worthy, lol.

Gamestop has a listing up (not available for purchase as of this post)

Nintendo Switch OLED with White Joy-Con | Nintendo Switch | GameStop
Thanks, I probably missed it. I havent had good pre order experiences with them, so I probably just outright dismissed them, lol.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
Here's the thing about resellers - they're gonna buy as many as they get their hands on, and then if they aren't getting bites they'll cancel the orders. But you'd be amazing what 15 year old Timmy Reseller is willing to do for $10 profit per console on mommy and daddy's credit card lol.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If I pre order on GameStop online, can I go to my local GameStop to trade stuff in to put towards my online pre order?

OmahaGTP

Dec 24, 2017
I think scalper listings will tell us if there is demand for this. Because if no one's biting, they will stop scalping.

I am not expecting demand...but we'll see. The different screen and bigger storage alone is probably gonna be scalper worthy, lol.

Thanks, I probably missed it. I havent had good pre order experiences with them, so I probably just outright dismissed them, lol.

Ha, I hear ya. They seem to have gotten better, at least I think so. My Mario Golf came on release day with free shipping even :o

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's going up some time during Game 1 tonight, isn't it?

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
Aside from the screen (which, who fucking cares), is there any reason to upgrade from a launch Switch?

beyond the screen in comparison to launch switch: better battery, double internal storage, improved kickstand, better speakers, lan port in dock. And not an "official" thing, but many launch switches had or developed "wobbly" joy con rails. that's been fixed in later iterations.

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
Me: "I really don't need this. I'm happy with my current Switch and any hardware upgrade I do this year should either be a Series S for the bedroom or a PS5 when the supply stabilizes."

Also me: *follows thread and refreshing Wario64 for when preorders go live.

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
Edit: sorry guys I take this back. You guys are right, it's your cash, and you know whether you want it or not.. As you were

Last edited: