• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm confused by the system transfer options and Nintendo's primary system designation. I have my OG unit which is my home unit and a Lite that I actually take on travel and such. The lite is my primary because it needs to work without a network connection. When I get my OLED I want to transfer my non-primary OG to the new OLED which also won't be primary (including an AC island) but it appears that I can't do this without moving my primary system? I can't do any transfers (system or AC) from one secondary to another?

Is there a limit on how often you can change your primary system? Wondering if you can just change your OG to primary, move it, then change the Lite back to primary.

SpaceKangaroo

Oct 28, 2017
Bummer, DPD attempted delivery to some random lamp post and said I wasn't in (opposite side of town).

Time to scream in to my pillows

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused by the system transfer options and Nintendo's primary system designation. I have my OG unit which is my home unit and a Lite that I actually take on travel and such. The lite is my primary because it needs to work without a network connection. When I get my OLED I want to transfer my non-primary OG to the new OLED which also won't be primary (including an AC island) but it appears that I can't do this without moving my primary system? I can't do any transfers (system or AC) from one secondary to another?
Switching primaries is really easy if you need to do that. On the eshop just log onto your Lite, click the icon in the upper right, and scroll down for the option to make it not your primary. Then log into the e-shop on your non-primary OG and it will now be your primary.

After you transfer to your OLED (inc. The island), you just have to make your OLED not your primary via the same process and then log into the eShop on your Lite and then you should be good to go.

As long as you have the physical consoles you can switch primary consoles as much as you want.

Oct 25, 2017
Welp my Best Buy order says "available today for pickup." Upon going I find out my Best Buy hasn't even received inventory yet. 😑

Guess I'll try Target and see if they have any left, by some miracle.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
No movement on my Walmart Switch OLED order....still says arrives by Sun, Oct 10.

Dread order from Amazon is out for delivery...and to go with my previous post...my sound bar setup still hasnt moved, lol. It does say arriving by 8pm today tho.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Got one via walk-in at my local GameStop. This was right at open.

My previous post said there were 2 ahead of me that wanted the OLED. They ended up passing and just picked up their Metroid preorders instead, so I ended up being the first.

There were like 6 other people in line but they were all there for Pokemon Cards, it turns out.

They had 6 white joycon units. I didn't ask about the neon.

Oct 25, 2017
So I can't transfer my animal crossing to my new OLED. I downloaded the tools and stuff but it needs to come from the primary console to the new OLED. Well we have 3 switches and my sons switch is primary (so he can play my eshop games in the car). And my data isn't on his switch obviously. When I try to run the tool from the new OLED and my old switch the tool closes because it sees me using the same software on two switches. Soooo I did the island backup via nook but I can't restore it on the OLED because it want lost or stolen and via Nintendo. Am I outta luck?

DarkWish

Oct 27, 2017
Virginia
Went by my Best Buy and it's still not ready for pickup. Hopefully it's ready today at some point.

I'm still waiting for mine. WTF is Best Buy doing!?

I'm in the same boat and I just called my local Best Buy. They said the reason for the delay is they haven't received the systems yet apparently. They're hoping they arrive in a shipment this afternoon or evening. So depending on if/when that happens, it would be available for pickup later today or tomorrow.

GlacialTruffle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Amazon order won't process
xQp6n9U.png

Dre3001

Oct 28, 2017
Got a white one from Amazon!

Going to return my Blue/Red one from Target now. Amazon always coming through for me.

LiC

Dec 1, 2017
So I can't transfer my animal crossing to my new OLED. I downloaded the tools and stuff but it needs to come from the primary console to the new OLED. Well we have 3 switches and my sons switch is primary (so he can play my eshop games in the car). And my data isn't on his switch obviously. When I try to run the tool from the new OLED and my old switch the tool closes because it sees me using the same software on two switches. Soooo I did the island backup via nook but I can't restore it on the OLED because it want lost or stolen and via Nintendo. Am I outta luck?
I don't really know anything about the Animal Crossing save transfer, but if you can't find a way to do it, you can try contacting Nintendo. My experience (back with the 3DS) is that they might ask for things like the serial number of the console, but as long as they presume good faith, they can help you out even when there are unusual circumstances where you're not officially allowed to transfer things.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
Going to sell this red and blue to my co worker for cost and keep the white from Amazon. My birthday is tomorrow so getting it Sunday would be great

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in the same boat and I just called my local Best Buy. They said the reason for the delay is they haven't received the systems yet apparently. They're hoping they arrive in a shipment this afternoon or evening. So depending on if/when that happens, it would be available for pickup later today or tomorrow.

Cool, thanks for the info. Not too worried about it, playing Dread in my big OLED TV just fine for now, haha.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
This save data transfer is confusing….I transfer my user to the new switch, it asks me if I'm going to keep using the old switch and I say yes, and it doesn't transfer any saves so when I try manually it says the user already is on the system so it can't. I see you can manually transfer, but there's no way to select all, you have to do them one at a time?!

LiC

Dec 1, 2017
This save data transfer is confusing….I transfer my user to the new switch, it asks me if I'm going to keep using the old switch and I say yes, and it doesn't transfer any saves so when I try manually it says the user already is on the system so it can't. I see you can manually transfer, but there's no way to select all, you have to do them one at a time?!
If you already have your user account on both systems, you can send only the save data by using Transfer Your Save Data under the Data Management settings. That will move the data off the source Switch onto the target Switch (so it won't be on the old Switch anymore, and you'd have to move it back if you want to continue progressing on that Switch).

There is a way to share save data between two consoles that are sharing your account at once, but only if the account has a subscription so you can use cloud backup.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Went to my local Best Buy 45 minutes ago to pick up the Metroid Dread Amiibo. Was super surprised they had 1 neon OLED and 2 white OLED Switches for available for purchase. They were behind the counter though. I had to ask about them or I never would have known.

Jalen

Dec 18, 2017
I got one from Amazon just now, wasn't really expecting to, and now I have no idea what to do with my revised switch.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really know anything about the Animal Crossing save transfer, but if you can't find a way to do it, you can try contacting Nintendo. My experience (back with the 3DS) is that they might ask for things like the serial number of the console, but as long as they presume good faith, they can help you out even when there are unusual circumstances where you're not officially allowed to transfer things.
Thanks I'll give it a try

Gaiaknight

Oct 25, 2017
for anyone that pre-ordered at gamestop has the tracking number they provided you from yesterday moved at all cause i got the shipping notice yesterday at 8:15am but there has been zero movement on my order at all other than it shipped but the tracking number is showing fedex doesnt have it yet.

EroticSushi

Oct 25, 2017
Are y'all putting screen protectors on the OLED?
Yes. Went with amfilm. I used them for my iPhone and OG Switch as well.

Thinking about grabbing a grip this time around. Eyeing the Skull one that they just put out.

skullnco.com

NeoGrip for Nintendo Switch OLED and Regular Model

One grip, two consoles - fits both OLED and OG SWITCH. Ergonomic design - allows hours of play without fatigue. Access the kickstand - never hold back your console. Interchangeable grips - 3 designs to fit all hand sizes. Dockable - no need to remove when docking. Slim design - adding minimal...

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now I know better than to preorder from Walmart.

preordered on 7-16 Oled hasn't even shipped.

ordered one from Amazon just now, will have it tomorrow

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Gamestop order is in my order history now. Guess I should buy metroid too since I forgot I pre-ordered the amibos lol

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, I missed all the new wave of orders. :(

Had it in my cart at Amazon but it was gone by the time I checked out.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I got one from Amazon just now, wasn't really expecting to, and now I have no idea what to do with my revised switch.

This is me right now

I told myself I'd only cop the OLED if it came from GameStop, so I could trade in my old Switch towards it, and pay basically nothing with the credit I already have

Then Amazon comes out of nowhere, and I had a bunch of credit on there too, so...

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Got a red and blue from Best Buy. They had a GIANT stack in the back but that was preorders, only a few for walk-in and they ran out of whites almost immediately. I wanted that one but fuck it.

Nothing1016

Oct 25, 2017
California
Well this is sad. Pre-Ordered at Target and got a delivery date of today but it's been stuck in preparing to ship status all week.

Currently on the phone with customer service to make sure everything is okay. Their online chat told me the shipment was delayed. :(

Edit: The rep said I should still expect the delivery today. Nothing wrong on their end. Just give them a call back if I still haven't received it by this afternoon. Sigh. Do these come directly from distribution centers? Or actual stores?

Last edited:

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
Any good screen protectors y'all recommend getting with the oled? Heading to Best Buy right now might get them to install it while I'm there

Hyperfludd

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in "line" at best buy, I never bought a hot ticket item from them before. Do you really just need to wait?

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing basically everywhere but Walmart have availability today online leads me to believe Walmart fucked up someway

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
In line on Best Buy's website but i remember being in this line 100 times for the PS5 so i am not holding out hope. Maybe just maybe i will get lucky.