• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JavelinR

Mar 1, 2018
Concern trolls out in full force. It's amazing how many people only go to Nintendo thread to shit talk or spell some end of the company, and there are always personal attacks on people who buy or enjoy the topic in question.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly this announcement tells me nintendo could easily put out another fuck up like the wii u in a few years
Chill, it's a refresh to a system. Not a completely brand new system. Nintendo themselves never said, "we're making a 4k DLSS Switch Pro that will have games running at higher framerates and resolutions and it's coming soon!!!", they're just updating the Switch with some slightly better QoL updates like an OLED screen, a LAN port, better storage, a good kickstand and improved audio. Bloomberg and a few insiders reported on a Switch successor having 4K DLSS, but their source could have been wrong, misinterpreted it, or it could be for a future Switch Successor.

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda disappointed that there is no spec upgrade.
Like, I play almost exclusively docked, I won't actually see the screen much.

That said, the color scheme would fit well on my setup along with the black and white PS5.

shadow2810

Oct 25, 2017
It was "jokey speculation" and not actual reporting. It was obviously a joke, you guys just didn't get it.
And when he was constantly tweeting about "the upcoming Switch Pro" then he wasn't the one "actually reporting" it, nuh uh.

tl;dr: never admit that you were wrong and shift the blame.

Not the first time he used "joke" excuse.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
My friend is CONVINCED it's due to the chip shortage. TSMC/Samsung foundries are both at capacity and booked for the next 2 years and Nintendo couldn't get allocation from NVIDIA. Due to the old(er) processer they were essentially left out of the cold.

So as a result Nintendo farts out this OLED edition.

[11:16 AM]
You're friend is probably correct.

Bl1nX28

Banned
Oct 16, 2018
I don't think folks should realistically expect anything substantial for Switch for the foreseeable future. whatever was rumored as some have echoed here earlier would likely be for the Swtich 2, which could be in a few years from now

tbh I don't even know what to expect from Nintendo anymore. I'm just in for the ride lol.
Sad though. Switch is showing it's age and hardware limitations.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
I got you:
E5n9QoMX0AULfkm

Lmao. Perfection.

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
It was "jokey speculation" and not actual reporting. It was obviously a joke, you guys just didn't get it.
And when he was constantly tweeting about "the upcoming Switch Pro" then he wasn't the one "actually reporting" it, nuh uh.
Now it comes as a joke but many people were speculating

I thought it didn't look that special

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So is the dock compatible with the original switch? Cause I'd rather just buy that for the ethernet port and just stick with my OG switch

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
My friend is CONVINCED it's due to the chip shortage. TSMC/Samsung foundries are both at capacity and booked for the next 2 years and Nintendo couldn't get allocation from NVIDIA. Due to the old(er) processer they were essentially left out of the cold.

So as a result Nintendo farts out this OLED edition.

[11:16 AM]
I'm pretty sure this is it. We will get a switch 2 in 2 years most likely.

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
My only real disappointment with this is it means the Switch Pro discourse keeps going, which is incredibly uninteresting.

It is incredibly unlikely that we see a Switch Pro. Nintendo will likely ride this and a Switch Lite revision until it's time for a new console in 2-3 years.

Also, I think it's time to have a real conversation about "insiders". For the most part, they're people with access to retail databases and friends who work for third party developers. They aren't really journalists and they're certainly not worth you PAYING them for their scoops.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
In all honesty if this was $299 and they dropped the price of the OG down to $249 I think that'd be much more acceptable. Having it at $349 for essentially a Switch XL is a bit hard to swallow.

I'd definitely pay $349-399 for an enhanced version though.

Rzarekta

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I was already skeptical of Bloomberg/Jason, but any time someone questions him, his Era army comes attacking. Can we now question Bloomberg without being attacked in the future? That would be cool. What a joke this whole situation is.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
If someone deletes the tweet, there's a reason. You'd think Jason would be afraid to confirm the existence of a Switch Pro if he knew? Come on guys, he deleted that really quick - I remember that it was gone fast.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Nintendo is following the same pricing strategy they did with the 3DS original price, pricing a product higher just for the hype and not according their real value. Sadly this time it will work and they will sell millions. Nintendo in their comfort zone is the worst Nintendo.

Darkstar0155

Oct 27, 2017
Well yeah. If you are a dire hard nintnedo fan then of course you will buy it, you are the targeted audience for it. If you don't own a swtich, then this is a great deal.

However in terms of specs, it's so small of difference that for current switch owners you aren't getting anything worth slapping down 350$ to replace you current model.
Who says this is meant for current owners? It's a small upgrade for $50 for those that want it.

I'm not angry about it but to me I don't see the upgrades as worth the $50 increase without any performance upgrade along with them. I would rather have seen them replace the current $300 model with today's announced model and release a spec increase model at the $350 spot later.
Why would they drop the price when its selling better than it ever has before?
No I blame Nintendo for having a new Switch model in 2021 that doesn't do anything spec wise for people playing games on 4K TVs. It's lunacy that this cost more than a Series S.

not to mention the horrible surround sound options with the Switch.

It doesn't take an insider to make someone think Nintendo will probably fix this stuff eventually.
Lol. This is ridiculous.

If people hadn't been fed some built up expectations via insiders and rumors, and this was just a random new model people wouldn't be so upset.

People are upset due to preconceived expectations and believing insiders and rumors. Nintendo has never given ANY indication of a pro model etc.

This isnt worth it to you? Cool. Get the normal one.

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone built a Switch library waiting for more powerful hardware?

I have Xenoblade 1+2 here that I didn't want to touching case there was a "Pro" version coming out. It's not a total loss - I guess they just move up my backlog now.

JavelinR

Mar 1, 2018
... they are listening now more than ever in their history with the Switch. I mean, Metroid Dread ffs.
And this revision literally address several complaints people raised with the original model: smaller bezel to fit a bigger screen, ethernet port in the doc, longer battery life, more storage, better kickstand. Now people are focusing on more niche complaints or complaining that rumors weren't true so they can continue the "they never listen" narrative.

Daryehl

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
RIo de Janeiro, Brazil
Concern trolls out in full force. It's amazing how many people only go to Nintendo thread to shit talk or spell some end of the company, and there are always personal attacks on people who buy or enjoy the topic in question.

Maybe some fans are not happy with the news as they feel the company isn't listening to them? Not everyone needs to act like everything that Nintendo does is sacred and good.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017

I don't think this kind of passive-aggressive post is any better for the discussion.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Dont see the point in upgrading to this model. If I was buying new, yeah, the difference would have been worth extra $50. Otherwise, the main place this would have been better would be if you actually do MP on Switch screen with other people.

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
I was already skeptical of Bloomberg/Jason, but any time someone questions him, his Era army comes attacking. Can we now question Bloomberg without being attacked in the future? That would be cool. What a joke this whole situation is.

I think Nintendo had a new chipset in mind for this and got skunked on delays and said fuck it.
Who says this is meant for current owners? It's a small upgrade for $50 for those that want it.

Why would they drop the price when its selling better than it ever has before?

Lol. This is ridiculous.

If people hadn't been fed some built up expectations via insiders and rumors, and this was just a random new model people wouldn't be so upset.

People are upset due to preconceived expectations and believing insiders and rumors. Nintendo has never given ANY indication of a pro model etc.

This isnt worth it to you? Cool. Get the normal one.

I have a normal one. Two actually and I don't follow rumors I just know my Switch sucks on my LG CX and first party games struggle on the damn thing. Ontop of being really bad with any kind of home theater. The store chugs to even load if one game is suspended.

the hardware needs a refresh BAD. That's not me getting excited from rumors that's me being disappointed in the current hardware.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
FINALLY! R.I.P. Super Nintendo Switch. There's still hope for the Switch's successor I guess. Dedicated Ethernet port is a damn blessing. So guess it's not anymore powerful, bit of a bummer, but I'm interested based off the ethernet port and screen alone.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
This thread is hilarious, people don't know who to be be at, guess this will teach us to be more wary of "insiders" and rumors...or maybe not