• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SpaceBridge

Oct 31, 2017
I had a Vita Oled. I'll pass on this. I'm sure there's a market here but still prefer the size and portability of the Lite.

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
I still don't know who Nintendo is selling this too? After pandemic selling this year, if they try to phase out the cheaper $300 for this, they are raising the switch price by $50 for only handheld upgrade.
This many years into the Switch's lifecycle, they're being criminal by not just making the OLED version $300.

That said, the OG Switch still sells very well at full price. Nintendo has no reason to try more competitive pricing.

ohlawd

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phantagrande
E5nlUB6XMBMIODZ
man it's 2021 we gotta stop pretending Gravity Rush was worth a shit. that shit is an easy 1/10

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
This is a nice upgrade aesthetically and functionally - especially in white. Really like the larger screen and the redesigned dock. Not sure if I will pick one up or not. I feel like if there wasn't so much talk of a power increase, DLSS, and 4K, people would be pretty excited about this.

Also, there has to be a 4K version somewhere inside of Nintendo. Way too much smoke for there to be no fire. People should lay off the "insiders" here.

whatsarobot

Nov 17, 2017
Wow what a bummer. Was going to finally buy a Switch, but was waiting for the Pro announcement.

Welcome... OLED? Doesn't hurt anyone, but boy is it boring.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
My theory is some wires got crossed with people collecting information. I think there will be a switch 2 in 2023 with what we have heard spec wise. I think it will also have an oled screen as well. I think this is a separate product that people thought was the pro coming out.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Just watched the trailer and I don't really understand the need to make such a long trailer for so small increments.

This looks like a reveal trailer and even has BotW 2 footage in there. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Lirose

May 30, 2018
I hope this isn't the rumoured pro… I still want a performance upgraded Switch. As someone who plays most in handheld mode I am somewhat interested in this but definitely not a day one buy. Just something I'll consider when it's time to replace my Switch.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Bigger screen, nicer audio, better stand and dock but no performance boost? For a $50 premium I guess it's worth it. Hopefully this one is built in a slavery-free factory.

nekomix

Oct 30, 2017
I can wait for this revision to finally buy myself a Switch but holy hell the meltdowns here 😄

Sectorseven

Oct 25, 2017
If it were the same price as the existing model I would be a little more interested, but this feels disappointing. I wonder if this ended up being a compromise in response to the chip shortage.

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
LMAO, good joke, now announce the Switch Pro please.

Seriously, what good is an OLED screen when the games look, load and run like crap?

Not that I use handheld mode to begin with.

Switch games with their resolution, performance, load times, compressed audio and subpar visual fidelity appear more and more outdated by the day, but at least now we can enjoy all this 20-30fps goodness on an OLED screen, which makes the jitter even more noticeable. Nice!

Oct 25, 2017
This dock is just straight up worse than the original. Three USB ports (one of which can be used for ethernet or a hub) vs 2 USB ports and a forced ethernet port. There is literally nothing here for dock-only players.

The only noteworthy improvement is the new panel, and that's not worth $50 more than base model. The PSV in 2012 had OLED for $250. This is 4 year old hardware. It is about as much as upgrade as the PS4 Slim and Xbox One S and those were both considerably cheaper than the base MSRP.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
And... How could they make a revision without internal upgrade that is more expensive than the original? All the technology inside the switch has become cheaper to make in those 5 or so years, a screen and Ethernet port can't justify this price bump.

The Omega Man

Oct 25, 2017
ahahahahahahaha all this years of waiting for these ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
I play mostly docked on my tv, this is a pass, thank you nintendo for saving me money!

Last edited:

halcali

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Hong Kong SAR
Two things I wanted most from a revision were bigger OLED screen and Bluetooth audio support. Excited to get one of those, but how on earth does this still not support BT?

Either way still likely a day one for me, especially since playing handheld more nowadays. Spec bump would've been nice but it's not like games look like garbage on the current system (to me anyways). I'm assuming this model also gets the improved battery from that revision a couple years ago? That'll also be nice.

maybe they can patch in BT support later? ;(((((((

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
So this isn't the rumored Switch Pro? $50 price bump that benefit handheld mode is weird. Would've thought they'd release Switch Lite model with this screen.

Deleted member 15395

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Waiting for the insider threadmarks XD

I do believe something is in the works though but I'm thinking its more likely a Switch 2 than a Pro revision.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
lmao

also

This site would be a lot healthier if "leaks" and "insider info" beyond thinks like a digital store leak or an early published article were banned but those things probably increase the eyeballs here so whatever. I still 'member when insiders told me that Metroid Prime Trilogy was going to be revealed at the VGAs in like 2018.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
As someone with a launch model switch who primary plays in handheld mode, I still don't wanna upgrade lmao….Unless GameStop offers me $300 for my switch, I don't mind paying $50 to upgrade.

Oh well. Money saved for eventually when I want a ps5.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't expect the current V2 Switch to stick around long after this model. It's the same TX1 as the Lite and the V2 now diversified into 3 manufacturing lines but with obvious redundancies.

But anyway, my opinion based on all we have heard isn't shaken. So I'll wait. It doesn't make sense for everything we have heard from this variety of credible sources to all be false in my estimation. So take it as you will.

But pricing it at 350 doesn't indicate that it will replace Mariko Switch. Maybe years from now but not right now. Switch Lite also seems to fit as a "budget" option. So from a pricing standpoint, 199/300/350 makes some sense.

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Where is the black set?!

But I'm excited about this announcement, especially since I primarily play undocked. That being said, the lack of Bluetooth audio is definitely a disappointment though. It would have been a really nice icing on the cake for all the other features added to make undocked an even better, more accessible option