• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Am I reading this right? Button configuration is on a per controller basis and it'll remember the button configuration? This is actually really good if you have several sets of joy-cons. You can make a specific color to be configured for a specific game and you won't have to go and change the button configuration between games.

Will they ever allow the bluetooth to utilize audio or nah?

I don't think they'll do this since they reserve all the connections for the controllers.

Oh wow, data management to an SD card doesn't include game saves.

Thanks Nintendo 🙄

This is never going to happen since they want saves to remain internal so you can't access them.

Oct 25, 2017
Button remapping is great, obviously, but I low-key actually am pleased about the news bookmarking ability. I actually do scroll through and favorite certain games for my feed, especially if I know it's a game that might have events or major updates/DLC.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Of course Main memory to SD card is released the day I archive a bunch of stuff because it wasn't possible ;_;

15GB to redownload

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I did just notice the "Move Data Between Console/microSD Card" option. That's actually rather useful... though the fact it took 3 years to include such an option is rather telling.

Oct 26, 2017
What I want is a more robust screen capture. Let me snap images in PNG regardless of file size. Let me worry about that. At LEAST fucking make the screens as good quality as they were on Wii U. Like how did they make them near flawless JPG on Wii U, only to make them awful crusty JPG on Switch?

A 1080p option would be great as well.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Oh wow, button remapping is nice.
Got excited for a bit when I read about transfering between SD and system memory, but got disappointed quickly afterwards... oh well...
No folders... how hard can it be?

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, data management to an SD card doesn't include game saves.

Thanks Nintendo 🙄
What would be the point? Saves are tied to your hardware. If you lose your save data that means your system is dead anyways. The only reason to allow it is if your saves take up so much space you can't download anything.

Oct 25, 2017
Button remapping is awesome. Didn't expect that any time soon. What would really make this perfect is allowing for per game customizations.

Edit: I see you can use save slots, but then why not have more than 5 slots? And why not have them open automatically on game load? And these also aren't separate per account? That really doesn't make sense. The warning of "if someone else is playing, remind them of these changes" is such a nintendo thing.

Last edited:

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
I play with a DualShock so I just swapped a and b, and x and y. Finally all is right with the world.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
What would be the point? Saves are tied to your hardware. If you lose your save data that means your system is dead anyways. The only reason to allow it is if your saves take up so much space you can't download anything.
If only Nintendo could so something about that... it's not like other companies let you do it, right?
Edit: Wait WTF do you mean about saves being tied to hardware? Can't people download their cloud save and play interchangeably between a regular Switch and a Lite?

Deleted member 5189

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, who cares about the news section, Nintendo?

I'll tell you, nobody!

For me the news section is one of the best features of the Switch. But there is a big gap how well it's used by Publishers. I like it when they go the extra mile and give their news section not a 08/15 name but something that makes sense in the world of the game. This little extra flavor is my jam.

Like the EU eShop has under discovery some little headlines: Diablo 3, let the hell loose.
The US eShop is so bland and boring and lists only the name of the game.

Mirand

Oct 30, 2017
Data transfer comes just in time. I was going to be forced to delete some software for Xenoblade because system + SD free space weren't optimized properly.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Wish they could just add a "more" button to the play activity. I want to see my playtime for other games that are not in the last 20 I played.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I though you could already transfer software to a SD card? What was the point of using one before then?

And of course you still can't transfer save data. Fuck that.

krg

Oct 27, 2017
some Link's Awakening avatars would have been cool... wasted opportunity ;(

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
This means I can remap the shoulder buttons since a lot of time (Mega Man Zero) they don't let you use it on the trigger buttons.