• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
I think we need to remember most of the ports we're seeing right now are rushed. No one expected the Switch to sell as well as it did after the Wii U disaster, once it was clear it was a hit, we got publishers deciding to quickly port their games over. Porting over a game that was never envisaged to work on such a under-powered machine was always going to cause some issues. Once we start seeing games that have the Switch in mind from the beginning of development, I'm sure we'll start to see much better ports.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
No.

It has many typical portable-friendly experiences through its indie game library. There's no lack of that.

The AAA ports, many of them running well, some running great, are a nice bonus, something we didn't get last time around. It's a net positive, simple as that.

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
I don't think devs will want to spend a lot of time with that. They basically have to create a new game.

Porting is easier and cheaper..

Zeroneo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I prefer proper portable versions but expecting devs to work on a specific version just for the switch is insane.

Voxl

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
to be fair. Most people just read the headline anyway so this should be a valid thread : D

ArmadilloGame

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Switch is in an awkward middle ground. It can get a pared down console version or a definitive edition of a mobile title. Companies aren't going to make a ground up third version for it. Given that option, I choose console port 99% of the time.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't agree with the thread title, but the OP changed my mind. Who said forum discussions couldn't change minds?

Status
Not open for further replies.