• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017

After 2+ years of waiting it's finnaly here! Seems to work exactly like most people wanted.

WlcbBvS.jpg

QmQnQH8.jpg

p4v3C5V.jpg

The notification reminds me a lot of PS4 invites.

Though it's a shame that most games already released probably won't be updated to support this new feature.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Lmao fucking Nintendo, I can't believe it took this long. Can I message people on my friend list yet? Haven't played my switch in like a year tbh

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, the Gamexplain crew really needs to play more Divinity OS2. It's one of the best RPGs ever made. Ever.

Anyway good news that this functionality is available for use, just more devs (including Nintendo) need to use it now.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
All two people on this Switch UI team took this long to get this implemented.

UGH I love Nintendo but damn their online stuff annoys me! lmao

fake edit: Smash just had an update this week to gaaaaaaaaaaah

Mar 27, 2018
This is kind of ridiculous, but I'm glad its here now.

But what are the chances of Smash, MK8, Splatoon, ARMS, Mario Tennis and etc receiving updates for this functionality?

Eslayer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
progress being made even if its at a snails pace, don't stop now Ninty

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
makes sense...

these things should have been there at launch cause what good is a new feature when nothing supports it.
This should be implemented to most popular already online games....or would you rather have them wait until Switch 2 when they already have the function in place for Switch and can use it on current games ?

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
This should be implemented to most popular already online games....or would you rather have them wait until Switch 2 when they already have the function in place for Switch and can use it on current games ?
huh?
I'd rather have it 3 years ago and all the software that could have benefited from it would already have it implemented.
I mean if we're talking wishful thinking I'm going big

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao fucking Nintendo, I can't believe it took this long. Can I message people on my friend list yet? Haven't played my switch in like a year tbh
I firmly believe they are still spooked after that 3DS Swapnote fiasco years ago.

Probably the only one who still thinks this but I can't think of any other reason!

ciD_Vain

Nov 28, 2017
Los Angeles
Sweet. Hopefully this gets integrated with the mobile app along with messaging eventually. Although it took a while, I'm glad they're not just completely ignoring updates to they're online features.

Oct 27, 2017
PLEASE update Splatoon 2 to support this. I never have any idea how the fuck pairing with a friend works aside from League Battles

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
huh?
I'd rather have it 3 years ago and all the software that could have benefited from it would already have it implemented.
I mean if we're talking wishful thinking I'm going big
I mean you can complain and wish for stuff that is impossible to happen since it would require a time machine....or want devs to use all avaible tools as of now for the best possible player experience.

I don't know why you think that nobody would use or implement it - doesn't make alot of sense when f2p and online games get updated all the time nowadays.

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
I mean you can complain and wish for stuff that is impossible to happen since it would require a time machine....or want devs to use all avaible tools as of now for the best possible player experience.

I don't know why you think that nobody would use or implement it - doesn't make alot of sense when f2p and online games get updated all the time nowadays.
It will probably get implemented by a few games for sure.
It's stupid that they have to retroactively do that.
the "best possible player experience" ™ is only just now being thought about?

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Is that part of a new system update or was that function there for a while just inactive?