• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which colour Nintendo Switch Lite is your favourite?

• Grey

Votes: 790 20.0%
  • Yellow

Votes: 886 22.4%
  • Turquoise

Votes: 1,417 35.9%
  • Pokémon Sword and Shield Edition

Votes: 857 21.7%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
"It's $200!" Big deal. Though I don't doubt it will sell well with the $100 discount. I know that price will jump out at people. For someone looking at it from my perspective and looking to buy their first switch- with significantly less features, mostly it being unable to dock, it's a hard no.

Also, it looks... Okay. I think they could stretch the screen out a bit more, push the controls back a bit. The colors are also unappealing. But yeah, models definitely not for me

It's a $200 device parents can palm off to their kids to get them to be quiet for hours at a time. This version is cheaper than the other version. It can play Pokémon Mario & Zelda games. It will sell well.

seady

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 21, 2019
So what is the current status of game ownership in Nintendo eshop? Can I easily access all my digital library from my current Switch on this new Switch?

Tidus

Oct 25, 2017
A brand named after the function. It was designed as a hybrid. It now isn't.

People are right to be questioning the lack of that feature.
The normal consumer does not care about the name. The only people that care are enthusiast like you and me that browse this forum. The Switch name is to bring brand synergy. If they renamed it the only thing it would cause is confusion.

Patazord

Dec 14, 2017
Kind of disappointing but i'm sure there is some peoples who only play without the dock.

Perfect for Gamefreak.

giphy.gif

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I have some questions.

1. Is the charger still an HDMI mini (Edit: I mean USB-C... duh)?
2. Assuming it is, could TV support somehow be patched in?

Not sure if the first question is answerable or answered already.

Deleted member 25712

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's a pass for me m, but if I had a kid of age and they wanted a Switch, I'd take a hard look at it. I probably play 75% docked, so I'll wait for the "premium" version to see what that's all about

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
So there is no way they have some sort of wireless way to connect to a tv while using the console as a cotnroller ? Cause that would be the ideal way really.

Besides that i like it, but not the design. it looks like a 3d printed prototype honestly..

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, I'd hoped that it would be dock compatible so Nintendo would actually release them separately.

Ah well, looks neat at least. Bring on the Pro version.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Hmm new dilemma for me, buy the switch lite or ultimately wait a few months to see the flood of LE units that will come out. (I already like the light grey of the pokemon system but not the two color button layout).

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I'm sitting here scratching my head as to why people are upset about this when the rumor was saying that theres a more hi-spec version of the switch coming out too.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
Now that nintendo has shown they are willing to not adhere to the switch concept with this one what are the chances of a console only pro model now.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
The solution isn't to rename it, the solution would've been to not have this problem at all and let the thing have some sort of TV out. Again, it doesn't have to be dockable, but TV out by some sort of cable should've been possible.

Well, that's a different argument. I was replying to your comment about not changing the name like the 3DS to the 2DS.

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, so that leaked casing was accurate. I wonder why it had the original Switch info printed on it, though.

There isn't really anything for me with this one, though. I'm still waiting for the Pro.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
"Switch" is the name of the platform. You can "switch" how you play your games depending on what works best for you.

The anger over additional options seems misplaced.

Oct 27, 2017
You can't see the benefits of that?
I can see the benefits in lots of things Nintendo aren't currently doing. I just asked why he would expect them to do that? Not to mention the extra technical hurdle for what will probably be a small subset of owners, because I doubt a significant portion of people with the original model are buying this also just for themselves

Kinda like losing the 3D functionality of a 3DS just to save a little money
Yeah, but it also lost the 3D part of its name

Oct 26, 2017
The problem is that some of us would like a more portable Switch, but would still like to be able to use TV mode too.

Hell, I wish I could dock my Vita.
Then there'd need to be a separately designed dock for that, seeing as this Switch is smaller than the original model, increase the clock speed for docked play, and sell it separately alongside needing the consumer to buy up another controller. Something like that would just muddy up the marketing when this one is specifically geared towards primarily handheld players

Jan 20, 2019
It's so cute! And colors! AND A D-PAD!

But like everyone else, I'm a bit confused about the lack of docking on a Switch. Seems like a strange cut to make, but I suppose that just shows Nintendo's dedication to have an affordable handheld in their lineup. NSW units are gonna be flying off shelves this holiday, that's for sure.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Really like the form factor and especially the dpad, but even as someone who plays undocked 95% of the time I don't think I'd give up my base model for this.. I like at least having the option to play docked.
$200 is a great price, might pick it up as a second on at some point, though I'm kinda doubtful that cloud saving works well enough for me to swap back and forth.

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
Looks alright for what it is, a cheap version for kids and families on the cusp of Pokemon.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Dockless is unfortunate, I guess they couldn't engineer around that and still reach the price/form factor.

It's a nice option for those who play exclusively portable, though. Cheap enough as a gift too.

_PsiFire_

Oct 31, 2017
Some people in this thread are missing the big picture..

If the Switch Lite could output to a TV, Nintendo would have made a HUGE blunder sending out the press release so soon..

This should have no impact on sales for the Switch if people want to be able to 'switch' from Docked/Handheld play. If people ONLY want to play in handheld mode then, yes, they will wait but that's won't be a major factor for Nintendo for the next 2 months.

I like the fact you can still use it in table-top mode with joy-cons or pro controllers?

The Lite will Sell and the Switch OG will continue to sell.. Very smart play by Nintendo.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Now that nintendo has shown they are willing to abandon the switch concept what are the chances of a console only pro model
Why would you want that? Why not a Pro version that can do the same as the original, but with more power? Why take away features on a pro model? That makes no sense.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So if I want to play on TV and on this new handheld, I will just have to take advantage of cloud saves? All of my games are physical anyways so swapping games will be easy.