• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which colour Nintendo Switch Lite is your favourite?

• Grey

Votes: 790 20.0%
  • Yellow

Votes: 886 22.4%
  • Turquoise

Votes: 1,417 35.9%
  • Pokémon Sword and Shield Edition

Votes: 857 21.7%

• Total voters

mangochutney

Jun 11, 2018
You guys are obsessed with the "Switch" name having anything to do with the Switching mechanic at this point. It's called Switch Lite so consumers know it plays Switch games. It's not that hard. Switch is a brand, not a function.
A brand named after the function. It was designed as a hybrid. It now isn't.

People are right to be questioning the lack of that feature.

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
It's good for kids and players who are constantly on the go. They're gonna make more millions out of this. Christmas is gonna be mighty fine for kids who haven't have a switch yet.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I wonder how long will it take for hackers to make the Lite dockable.

I presume the system would suffer because of the cooling, but it's an interesting idea.

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
As usual some people here only think of themselves and their enthusiast needs and can't see the bigger (or smaller I guess) picture.

I wonder how long will it take for hackers to make the Lite dockable.

Well the fact that the Nvidia-flaw patched Switch's do not have a public hack I can't see it being any time soon.

Oct 27, 2017
Aesthetics are very similar to the 3rd gen Vita, which is a good thing

1064228-n0.jpg
It looks like a smaller Switch and nothing like the Vita

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Developers are going to develop for the common feature set, not the features that a portion of the market will not have. Why would they design a game around the detachable joycons or HD rumble now?

Are those features worth $200 to the average Switch buyer? Enthusiasts, maybe. Even then, we'd prefer a dpad over those features for the most part.

It's a paradigm shift, not a sidestep.

You can still design a game to be played with one joycon without locking yourself out of any market. Local play is still a big thing.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
How tricky would it be to use this one and the original using one account? Like if i want to go back to playing on the tv

Oct 25, 2017
So where is the the Switch? You are losing so much to save $100...doesn't seem worth it. I want the elite version...hope that is getting announced.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I genuinely don't see why they couldn't put a USB port on the thing and release a new dock for purchase separately. I can't imagine that's much of an expense, and they basically cut off a potential revenue stream there.

If people are relying on cloud saves to play on the big screen then we already know Pokémon and Animal Crossing are out, too, which sucks.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Do you think people are gonna put this thing in their pocket or what? Were there people complaining that the Switch was too heavy?

Yes, more portable — but not much more portable. Not enough to make most people double dip, I imagine, because their existing Switch is plenty portable.

But a decent option for ppl that don't have a Switch and want a budget option and don't mind the missing features.
Do you think a lot of people were putting 3ds' or 2ds' or Vitas in their pockets? LOL, obviously not!

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm left wondering why they didn't leave the option for the lite have tv dock support, especially since it is compatible with other controllers. Why couldn't they just allow you to do it if you have separate controllers?

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
The standard switch is perfect for me. I can playlonger games docked and shorter games handheld and it's enjoyable both ways -- I don't take it with me anywhere since I'm not allowed to actually have it out anywhere and I drive to work.

I hope this fills the niche Nintendo wants it to, though.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Joycons aren't detachable and it can't connect to the TV at all. Yeah this is just a cheaper with less functionality Switch.

I hope the pro model is just a Switch revision that still functions like a Switch.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"It's $200!" Big deal. Though I don't doubt it will sell well with the $100 discount. I know that price will jump out at people. For someone looking at it from my perspective and looking to buy their first switch- with significantly less features, mostly it being unable to dock, it's a hard no.

Also, it looks... Okay. I think they could stretch the screen out a bit more, push the controls back a bit. The colors are also unappealing. But yeah, models definitely not for me
if you wanted a switch you can buy a switch

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
Oh, it's a Nintendo vita.
Disappointing that doesn't have tv output at least to play on tv with a pro controller or joycons.
Low effort from Nintendo.

Deleted member 925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. Many here don't get marketing. The Switch and upcoming Switch revision is the target market for those here.

And this product is only going to expand the market so much more this holiday with the insane catalog of releases.

This is a good thing for the Switch market and it's nice to have options. I truly don't understand all the "gamers" in here complaining about options when we have a shit ton of threads calling out Nintendo constantly for NOT giving us options.

Seriously, what the fuck.

Shantae

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 15, 2019
I would be so this if they just let me use it docked with a pro controller if I wanted. No docking at all just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I mean, yes...they're trying to sell a cheaper unit, and fine, do that! Don't include the dock with it, but don't remove the functionality in case there are people out there who already own a Switch, or maybe the parents own a switch, and wanna get this for the younger ones in the house, so they do have a dock in the house already.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Not interested in this at all, but there were a few people who wanted a cheaper handheld only Switch, I guess Nintendo listened.

Removing HD rumble and TV out support is a really strange decision. Personally, I don't see why anyone would get this over the regular Switch outside of price.

Well obviously price is the key factor here..

but there's a few more reasons I can see... D-pad, slimmer and it looked more rounded so probably more comfortable.

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
I want to live in Nintendo advert world where healthy attractive people do cool things together and everyone plays games together as part of a balanced life. If I pulled my Switch out at a BBQ or camping or at a climbing wall my wife would kill me haha.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
Quoting a question I had from earlier that I guess got lost in the shuffle:
How much bigger is this compared to a 2DS XL, out of curiosity? I was planning on getting this for my sister if the size was close since she's told me she doesn't like handling things much bigger then a 2DS XL (and outright hates how big the Switch is undocked), but the width difference beteeen the regular Switch being only two inches is giving me pause.

disparate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
people are too fixated on Nintendo branding it as a "hybrid"; it was only ever a portable with TV-out and now they released a cheaper version without TV-out.

Oct 25, 2017
Of course you can't dock it. It's a different, smaller form factor. It wouldn't fit the current dock. So they'd have to design and manufacture a new one, which costs R&D money, which would raise the price of the SKU. And is completely counter to the kind of market Nintendo is trying to capture here.

I'm completely okay with people saying they personally don't see the value in this, but y'all get big mad when things aren't made directly for you.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Because you don't have that extra $100 / don't play docked.

How's that hard?

Some of you should've known this wouldn't be for you before now.
What an aggressive response.

It's not hard at all, I just disagreed with the value proposition. I was also wrong about the original price, which does make it more palpable. No doubt it'll sell over the holidays.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Basically what I expected, though I did think it would have an option to dock somehow, even if it just mirrored the portable screen without upping the resolution. Still expect it will be a hit and the lower price should allow it to hit the kids market harder and move a ton of units.