• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which colour Nintendo Switch Lite is your favourite?

• Grey

Votes: 790 20.0%
  • Yellow

Votes: 886 22.4%
  • Turquoise

Votes: 1,417 35.9%
  • Pokémon Sword and Shield Edition

Votes: 857 21.7%

• Total voters

Deleted member 19996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Should have went with a 5" screen to bring down the size to Vita levels. Wish they did something about the God awful flat backside too.

Still going to sell buckets

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seems neat but it's a downgrade from the original. Might pick this up eventually at a discount but for now it's not worth it.

patientx

Oct 26, 2017
You all are over thinking about it. It is not for the majority of the "current" switch owners. It is for the other folk who just want to game whenever wherever. Teens would definitely love it.

Oct 31, 2017
"Why is it called a Switch when it doesn't dock?!" Because the Nintendo's Switch brand name is on fire and it indicates it plays nearly all the same titles as its older brother.

Man...this thing is just gonna wreck Japan. I want yellow but I'll also be waiting for that eventual Pro.

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
No HDMI port is a surprise.. Guess keeping that price down is a priority but I thought they'd have one (cable sold separately etc) .. There are a lot of people who only play undocked and the kids market is where it's at.

Holding out for the pro then.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
So, this "leak" was accurate.

nintendo_switch_lite.jpg
nope, the buttons are white

EinBear

Oct 27, 2017
Really weird that you can't dock it, when that's the entire concept of the system. There's nothing for you to 'Switch' between!

Still though, this looks like a great option for people who primarily play their games handheld. The original Switch always felt a tad too bulky in handheld mode for me.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I want everyone who told me over the last few years that this wouldn't happen because the console was called the "Switch" to line up and apologize.

I accept written apologies and Amazon gift cards.

Zoon

Oct 25, 2017
Colours are a meh.
Price is good, will buy if there are no issues at launch.

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't understand who this system is for beyond very young children. It's both so close to the price of the full model and missing so many features. Seems like a bigger drop in feature set than 3ds-2ds, but maybe that's just because I hated the 3d stuff.

I'm sure it'll get a $150 sale over the holidays and sell like nuts.
that's exactly who it's for lol, hardcore audience gets the pro (eventually)

Benjamin1981

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My main problem are the ugly colors and white sticks / buttons. I'm sticking with my OG Switch till they announce a more powerful one.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I like the look, but wish they'd messed with the placement of the buttons on the right side some more.

Dream scenario is the pro version basically being a home console.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Aw, not being able to connect to a TV completely killed this for me. I will stick to my OG Switch.

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How does having the same account on 2 Switches work? Was it that you can only have the save files on 1 console or some dumb shit? Would get it but not being able to use the same account at full capacity on both means it's a no go for me.

Also some of y'all need to chill out about your galaxy brain takes on the name. Yeah it doesn't "Switch" anymore. Everyone knows this. Fucking turbo nerds.
If you have the NSO membership, all saves can be retrieved from the cloud, I believe. I'll try to verify with a friend's Switch.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
A bit surprised it doesn't dock, but not really an issue for me. I was excited about this thing, but the reveal kind of turned me off. I think it's mainly that giant bezel around the screen...

Joedev

Apr 24, 2018
I see a lot of comments about why this is still called a Switch, when it doesn't actually switch. It's not hard to understand that the Switch label now applies to the family of devices as opposed to a single device. The name still fits, it just doesn't imply that all devices in the family can switch, but that within the device family, the switching capability is there.

It's definitely not as clean marketing wise, but it seems fine.

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Nevermind the battery life is still too low so I'll just wait for the Pro version

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
Great idea, great price and a great looking handheld...that won't ever buy.

Over/under of the more powerful model being announced and released this year or do you think Nintendo will wait for this to get out the door and wait until 2020?

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, was waiting on the rumoured cheaper Switch revision since normal one is pretty expensive, price wise this is great but it's a portable only version which I'm not interested in, so I'm guessing the other revision, the 'pro' version will be more expensive than the normal Switch? Eh, might have to wait longer and hope the standard gets a price cut before making the jump.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
How much bigger is this compared to a 2DS XL, out of curiosity? I was planning on getting this for my sister if the size was close since she's told me she doesn't like handling things much bigger then a 2DS XL (and outright hates how big the Switch is undocked), but the width difference beteeen the regular Switch being only two inches is giving me pause.

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
This is fucking ridiculous, it's not a switch if you can't dock it ffs

It's going to sell a shit load though...

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
I want everyone who told me over the last few years that this wouldn't happen because the console was called the "Switch" to line up and apologize.

I accept written apologies and Amazon gift cards.

I'm sorry my friend Nintendo, king of left field, did it again.

Wolfgunblood

Dec 1, 2017
The Land
Different gen, same Nintendo.

They engineered the Switch around the concept of the removable controllers for local multiplayer, and sure enough, once again, the great idea ends up being not so great.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
This is almost exactly what I wanted outside of maybe the colors. I'll wait for impressions about the screen size reduction but other than that I'm probably in for one come September.