• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which colour Nintendo Switch Lite is your favourite?

• Grey

Votes: 790 20.0%
  • Yellow

Votes: 886 22.4%
  • Turquoise

Votes: 1,417 35.9%
  • Pokémon Sword and Shield Edition

Votes: 857 21.7%

• Total voters

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So that leak from China from way back was real, people said it was fake because it had the same model number as current switch

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
Lack of docking is really stupid.

Maybe cloud saves will come to the rescue? Somehow doubt it.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No TV out at all? That's really dumb.

Also release an official joycon with a D-pad Nintendo you cowards.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Ok, so now that this is out of the way and looks terrible (except for the D-pad, which I hope is released officially as part of a Joycon bundle), announce the Pro please, I'm much more interested in that than this version of the Switch.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Looks how I expected it, now I wait patiently for the "Pro" model announcement. I'm curious how they'll market it. Will they do a graphics comparisons or market it on multitasking such as running voice chat natively because of the extra RAM?

Anyway glad they have a cheaper option for those who play exclusively handheld.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
Looks great, pity it doesn't output to a tv though.

I already have my launch model but I can see myself picking up one of these a few years down the line as a backup console.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
screen size has been reduced by ~10 %
-> battery life increased by ~10%

Ye....yesss? That's not how that works a smaller screen is not a sliding scale of battery life. If the screen was 50% smaller it wouldn't get 50% better battery life. Either they are using a larger battery (not possible) or a more efficient chipset or have done some miracle work in making the entire system more efficient.

capnjazz

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Byrgenwerth
I wish they would release a grey joy-con with a d-pad for the normal Switch. I can't bring myself to buy one of the mismatching Hori ones.

Dewin

Oct 26, 2017
Looks great. Although those analogue controllers worry me. They look like the same ones as on the joycon's. And those drift like mad.
Also, why release that thing after the summer? I would love to take that thing with me on holiday. oh well. D-pad is great though.

Oct 25, 2017
So, this "leak" was accurate.

nintendo_switch_lite.jpg
No, those are nitabpy different from what we have, no screen bezel on those and the home/share buttons are off.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I'm not shocked that they killed TV output, but that doesn't make it any less disappointing. This seems like an implicit rebuttal against the original Switch project.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really don't understand who this system is for beyond very young children. It's both so close to the price of the full model and missing so many features. Seems like a bigger drop in feature set than 3ds-2ds, but maybe that's just because I hated the 3d stuff.

I'm sure it'll get a $150 sale over the holidays and sell like nuts.

Beamerball

Jan 16, 2018
Was planning on getting one and trading in my current Switch, but the fact that it doesn't connect to a TV is a huge deal breaker. That and no HD rumble.

Man, really wanted that Dpad though.

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
Perfect product to avoid splitting the userbase. Some pros, some cons makes it a complimentary product.
Predictable but still the right move.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I knew Nintendo was going to Nintendo this. No docking just kills it for me. I didn't expect this thing to come with a dock, since it's the stripped-down, cheap version, but I figured it'd still be compatible with the original dock or have some kind of overpriced dock of its own available separately. To cut out the Switch's best feature on the very first revision... what do you even say?

I don't suppose there's any chance of a third-party TV Out adapter of some kind?

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I like it. Perfect timing and a great price. I'm not buying any new consoles for the rest of the year, and $200 is an excellent price.

Also props to Nintendo for making an informative video that describes exactly what the Switch lite is and isn't. There would have been a lot less confusion with the Wii U if they had done that.

BAN PUNCHER

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Like the 2DS, the Lite is not for me but it will appeal to people who are not me. A friend who also has an OG Switch and was hesitant to buy two more for his kids is pre-ordering two Lites tomorrow.

Yellow and Turquoise

Now bring on the model with the internal hardware upgrades. And give me a D-Pad. And not a shitty D-Pad like on the Pro Controller that actively fucks me in Tetris.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
No TV out at all? That's really dumb.

Also release an official joycon with a D-pad Nintendo you cowards.
It's actually smart. If you want tv out you buy the more expensive Switch. Tons of companies do similar things. Instead of adding features to new models, they remove them. It's smart.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Here's hoping the D-pad is top tier. I may get one just for portable play >_> I get battery life anxiety with the normal Switch undocked.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand, what did people expect from a Switch Lite? A smaller console-handheld hybrid that does everything the normal Switch does but is just...smaller?!

Depending on if the chip is a die shrink, which is more than likely is, the decision to lock to handheld is completely arbitrary. Removing the joycons and reducing the screen size makes it a 'lite'. Taking away features when it doesn't need to isn't winning me over.