• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which colour Nintendo Switch Lite is your favourite?

• Grey

Votes: 790 20.0%
  • Yellow

Votes: 886 22.4%
  • Turquoise

Votes: 1,417 35.9%
  • Pokémon Sword and Shield Edition

Votes: 857 21.7%

• Total voters

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Very aggressive pricing. Too bad it won't dock, then again I have my regular for TV but it would be nice to have the option. Good job also on the D-Pad.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
I kinda want it just so I won't need to remove my switch from the dock?

Party games at gatherings is fun though so I'll still need to bring joycons.

I wonder how my digital purchases work on this? Can I just take my game on the go without problems with activated accounts, licensing and such. It will suck for non cloud save games though.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, that yellow one is hot. Too bad playing anything handheld makes my head hurt, because I would have got one of these

Zelretch

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how feasible would have been to give the Switch Lite the capacity to connect connect with a dock but the dock and joycons/gamepad needed to play that way being sold separately for only people that want that. But for the rest it looks really really nice

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Why are people surprised that it isn't dockable? It has built on controllers which means you can't connect other controllers to it. (One of the ways they've made is cheaper and smaller) How would you play it in a dock? You gonna hold the whole thing in the dock in your hands?
You would do so wirelessly with Joycons/Pro Controllers you already own or buy.

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I got excited when I saw the wireless headset on that kid's nightstand. Why do you have to toy with me like that, Nintendo.

Theef

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Five minutes with you and any colour Switch will be an Orange Switch.

tumblr_inline_pa58ow432v1qd39qj_540.jpg
That is red, sorry to break the news of your color blindness.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
i don't understand why all of you are expecting the "portable only" switch to dock... i know why you want it to, so you can have a $100 cheaper switch that has a d pad for portable. But one of the reasons it's $100 cheaper is that it doesn't dock.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The original Switch launched with BOTW and the Lite is launching with Link's Awakening. Will then the "Pro" launch with BOTW 2?

Yavga

Banned
Dec 20, 2017
So it's more pocketable. This is a good thing.

The form factor is still a bit strange for something that's supposed to be more portable though, no way I'm going to put this in a pocket without getting any scratches. That is slightly disappointing.

I wonder if it will sell as much as people think, I'm not good at guessing, anyone dares to make an estimate for its' first month?

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
No other Switch is releasing this holiday, so Switch Pro is out right now, which if that is a thing is more appealing than this in my opinion.

It would be one thing if the Switch Lite was small enough to fit in your pocket, but it cant.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Does switch allow you have your account on multiple systems? That's a make or break deal for me. Like, can i have all my shit on my switch and all my shit on the mini/lite?

I like that it's just handheld. Lets it be cheaper and cuts cost. The other model will be both.

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't for me since I value the Switching between TV and handheld too much, but having a cheaper option will help expand the audience who want to play Nintendo games, but didn't want to spent the cost of the original Switch to do so. Having this out before Pokemon will help sales for the younger audience.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Yeah, after the quality issues I've had with my joycon sticks there's no way I'm going near this thing until it's clear that they've resolved whatever their problem is.

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
The turquoise is ugly as hell, and that's from somebody who loved his Aqua Blue OG 3DS. The yellow is cute, but as a regular Switch owner I have literally zero incentive to buy this. Hoping the pro rumours were true too (maybe a holiday release, or coming next year?)

Ivan2Nguyen

Oct 25, 2017
If I were to pick this game up I'd be happy I went physical with so many of my switch games. I did do a fair amount digital though and I feel that my son gets more enjoyment out of them than me. Second consoles need to be supported better in the digital space.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Where's that dude at?? We told you it would remove features. Nintendo should never care about Mario Party or Labo. They made the right decision.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
No dock mode makes a lot of sense. I never liked the idea of a Joy-Conless Switch because It would confuse consumers. Imagine buying this Switch Lite and docking it. You wouldn't be able to play with it, you have no controllers. If they go the no Joy-Cons route It makes sense not to have TV output, It would confuse people even more. The idea is to tell people the main model is the hybrid one.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
If they can get the x2 in a revision for the Pro I'll happily wait. Also a man can dream, but OLED.

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
Including docked play in the handheld version would kind of kill the console version... just having detachable joy cons as the only selling point with a bigger screen, who would buy it?

Having a handheld version makes sense for certain markets and consumers who don't game much on a TV anyway... the option is there depending on what you like.

There's a fair enough difference between the two to justify the costs of each,