• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which colour Nintendo Switch Lite is your favourite?

• Grey

Votes: 790 20.0%
  • Yellow

Votes: 886 22.4%
  • Turquoise

Votes: 1,417 35.9%
  • Pokémon Sword and Shield Edition

Votes: 857 21.7%

• Total voters

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't think this thing really existed for one reason.

It's a Nintendo system you can't play Mario Party on.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
I was hoping it could still be docked - that's a feature I don't want to lose despite playing 70% of my time on handheld.

Things like Astral Chain & Link's Awakening I will have to play on a TV.

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
Interested. Need more specs such as size, weight, battery life. Not too keen on the white/grey buttons tbh; I want something either a bit more colorful or fancier (the Pokemon one doesn't look bad, might go for that one, but will probably wait for Animal Crossing version).

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
The Price seems pretty good, kind of what I was expecting with not really much change to the form factor, Great that it's got a d-pad but can't really dock which is a downside though it's a portable only device. Don't really like the colours. I wanted a red or pinkish colour.

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
For games that do not support handheld mode, players can wirelessly connect compatible controllers (sold separately) to Nintendo Switch Lite.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
So they did it. A Switch without detachable joy-cons. I am really surprised.
Like I said in the other thread, anything above 200$ for a fully portable Switch would have been too much in my opinion, so the price is right. This is going to sell very well, but I am surprised that they announced it so much in advance.

edit: wait it can't be docked? Hahaha what a complete crap. Ignore what I said above. 200$ for that is way too much. The Switch can switch between docked, table top and portable. That one has just portable. 150$ is what it's worth.

Also, like someone else said, removing functionalities is never a good thing for the upcoming games. I'm actually quite bummed, even if I wasn't the target customer to begin with.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
So this comes out right when Link's Awakening drops & a week before Dragon Quest XI S drops, smart.

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
If $200 is gonna be £200 then this isn't really a good deal. there's been loads of deals lately for the normal switch + games for around the £230-250 mark. Also if you don't care about second hand you can get a normal switch for the same or cheaper.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
It's called a Switch for branding purposes, come on folks. They're not going to call it a Nintendo NoDock.

André

Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Would consider it if there was a way to connect it to a TV, but unfortunately I'll have to wait for the Pro. Please announce it soon.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Was totally in, if not for the fact that it has a smaller screen. Damn why?

Anyway guess I'll hang on to my OG.
People here complain about the bigger form factor all the time. That's it's not truly portable and what not.

I honestly don't get it. Going back to the Vita and 3DS is very hard due to the smaller screen sizes.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Seems like a mistake to me to not support docked play and wireless controllers via optional additional purchases.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
We knew it would be portable focused but the ability to dock costs them basically nothing. It has a USB-C port at the bottom so the only potential issue would've been fitting inside the current dock. And that's solvable by releasing a new smaller dock.

They have no interest in allowing it to dock to the TVs. This one is not supposed to replace functionality of the regular Switch, it's supposed to be a more affordable model for people who have less interest in that.

The other new Switch is likely to be the all-purpose upgrade.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
looks cool design wise, but i'm gonna stick with my current system even tho i play 95% of the time in handheld mode
did i get that right? i has no motion controls? so can't gyro aim in zelda or splatoon?

I didn't see anything about motion controls being axed in the PR.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
So I'm watching the video and Koizumi mentions that the Lite only supports games that work in handheld mode. My question is though, is there any Switch games that DOESN'T support handheld mode? I was under the impression that they all do.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
But how big is it compared to the original? Is it pocketable now?

JYrAyCy.jpg

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Those Vita fans who are begging for a new more powerful portable system for the past few years, here you go.

broony

Oct 27, 2017
Suppose you can just use a charging stand and separate controller to use it in tabletop mode.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Riddle me this Batman.
Why is it still called Switch when it does not Switch into anything ?

Oct 25, 2017
This thing is going to sell like crazy at $200. The compromises they had to make to the hardware are certainly going to be worth it to hit that price point.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People here complain about the bigger form factor all the time. That's it's not truly portable and what not.

I honestly don't get it. Going back to the Vita and 3DS is very hard due to the smaller screen sizes.
I was hoping it would have smaller form factor with a bigger screen!

That bezel is fucking huge!

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why they still put the usb c port on the bottom if it can't be docked

And the bezel is exactly the same just painted a different color, what the fuck

Mark1

Oct 30, 2017
The Switch Lite is definitely a clever move - this is going to get lapped up by so many people who want to play Pokemon and Animal Crossing portably.

I will probably pass on it though, happy with my current Switch and the docking feature.

Will wait until Switch Pro and see what that offers.