• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which colour Nintendo Switch Lite is your favourite?

• Grey

Votes: 790 20.0%
  • Yellow

Votes: 886 22.4%
  • Turquoise

Votes: 1,417 35.9%
  • Pokémon Sword and Shield Edition

Votes: 857 21.7%

• Total voters

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Bu-bu-but everyone told me the 3rd party accessory vendor's mockup was FAAAAAAKE!

HavakPkmn

Feb 13, 2019
Manchester
I said in another thread it would launch alongside a game that makes sense as a portable and low and behold, it's launching the same day as Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Don't like that it can't be docked. Takes away from the appeal of the brand/system IMO. It's not too big a deal since people get their dedicated handheld but yeah that's one thing I don't like.

Munti

Oct 26, 2017
Does not have detachable JoyCons
:( I don't like it when console revisions get rid of functionalities. Because that might mean that less games on the Switch will focus on motion controlling in the future. E.g. why should they make something like ARMS2 if this game can't be sold to Switch Lite owners?

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Technically they shouldnt call it a switch since it doesnt even do the thing a Switch was named after

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Omg Dpad. And I like the blue and yellow.

Sell butloads with Pokemon.

Now reveal the Pro.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Damn, I'm honestly shocked that it can't dock; I thought that they would at least put out a new optional dock for the system. I can definitely see that becoming a potential PR problem when parents start getting it for their kids at Christmas.

The system itself looks awesome, but I won't be buying it. It's going to sell very well, though.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Once again Nintendo makes a cheaper revision right around when Pokemon comes out.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Well that answers the questions, definitely no need to have one of these if you have an original, will sell a tonne at Christmas.

Euler.L.

Alt account
Banned
Mar 29, 2019
Getting rid of the main gimmick... I think even the 3D on the 3DS survived longer.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
We kind of knew this one was just a cheaper, portable only Switch.

It's the other one that was a surprise.

We knew it would be portable focused but the ability to dock costs them basically nothing. It has a USB-C port at the bottom so the only potential issue would've been fitting inside the current dock. And that's solvable by releasing a new smaller dock.

Lazlow

Oct 27, 2017
No dock support is bizarre, surely it's using the same USB C port as the original?

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Not dockable? Not even a TV-Out?

So ... it's basically not a Switch anymore?

That's so stupid. The 3DS was renamed when they removed the 3D effect into 2DS.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see the benefit of getting one myself as I already have a Switch. Considerably less functionality for only $100 less than the regular Switch. I'm sure it will sell well, but I'm slightly confused by it if I'm being honest.