• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Getting one?

• Yes cause I’m a consumer whore

Votes: 30 24.2%
  • No because I’m fiscally responsible

Votes: 75 60.5%
  • Maybe because I’m indecisive and may impulse buy like a chump

Votes: 19 15.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whose getting one? I'm going to picking one up this Friday. Can't wait to play games on that beaut. I always found the switch to be too big and bulky.

KamenSenshi

Nov 27, 2017
Definitely getting one, got rid of my switch a while back so there's some catching up to do too lol. Kinda wish the dark grey was just straight black but it'll do for now.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
I have a Switch already. And I already frequently use it handheld. I literally don't know what I would do with it if I were to buy one (which I'm not going to).

What use case is there for the people planning to get one who already own a Switch? Your save games aren't synced so it's not even like you can use it as an extra-portable version of your home console.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
On top of there being no reason imo to swap, being able to dock and use a lan cable is the only reason I can actually host stardew multiplayer.

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
Perfectly fine with my Switch I got when it released. I'm quite comfortable with the size, so that's not an issue for me. Also the ability to dock and play on the tv is kind of important, even if I tend to play more in handheld mode than anything.

Puddington

Nov 2, 2017
It's lack of being able to dock confirms that this is an entry-level product meant to make you want the big daddy Switch, which I already have. So, I'm not going to get a Lite despite it coming in pretty colors.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Curious to see a tear down and find out how they've limited the system to handheld only.

Unless you only play games probably I don't see any reason to purchase this.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Not getting one because I'm mainly docked and portable around the house sometimes, but I think it is super cool and I am excited for people who are excited.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I collect Nintendo hardware so mine will be here Friday but I won't use it much. Maybe my fiance will use it some but she usually brings her Switch over.

kamineko

Linked the Fire
Oct 25, 2017
Accardi-by-the-Sea
I mean, they seem fine, we anecdotally have users here who only play in handheld mode. People liked the 3ds.

I'm docked only myself but I get it

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
It's tempting despite me owning a regular Switch already. However, I don't think I'll appreciate the smaller form factor more than the original being incredibly modular, so I'm most likely not going to get one.

However, I could be tempted into buying one if they come out with a really cool color scheme or limited edition console.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Might get the Pokemon model, but I'm not a fan of the other colors. I'll hold out for a atomic purple or Odyssey red.

'V'

Banned
May 19, 2018
It would have been perfect if it supported docking. Hell I would even be willing to buy a dock separately if I had to when I finally get around to getting a Switch. It's everything I'd ever want from a Switch with its smaller size, actual D-pad and less fiddling with Joy-Cons. I mean, even the Vita supported TV out iirc. I can't understand why they didn't add that functionality and it's a bummer because I want the ability to dock but also want the smaller size and D-pad for when I'm on the go, without having to buy 2 different models.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Nah. I bought the newer model Switch not all that long ago. I play 99% of the time docked so no point.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I am buying one and will use it along side my OG Switch. I take the thing out daily on my commute and the smaller form factor will be great.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What about, "No, because I don't care about it. I like the docking capability, and I just upgraded to one of the new longer battery life Switch models"?

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Had it preordered since the day they touched Amazon, but cancelled the order last week. I'd rather see it in person first and wait out any potential issues, especially since the joycons aren't removable.

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
Waiting for impressions/reviews, but not hyped. The revised switch has more battery life and if the ergonomics of the lite are as bad as the current switch I'll have to get a grip. Worse battery life and a potential bulky additional grip make the lite seem pointless. Also it can't dock.

Oct 25, 2017
I said no, not because I'm not ready to spend the money, but because it doesn't dock. Otherwise it's the perfect formfactor I'm craving. I refuse to do primary and secondary shinanigins because I just want a single device that can, you know, switch. So until then, I'll stick with the one that switches.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Still deciding if I should cancel my Switch Lite preorder since the new Switch with extended battery seems enough but based on what I've heard, the yellow variant is better looking than expected so I might keep it.

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
Per our FAQ:
Do Not Create: Hype Threads Without Substance

If you want to discuss an event or product ahead of its release, any thread about it should have some central news, substance, or premise that can anchor the discussion. Threads created without any such content, solely for members to talk about how excited they are, may be subject to a lock. If there are too many active threads about one event or product, hype threads will typically be the first to go.

Feel free to create a thread on the Switch Lite with an OP that has more substance.

Status
Not open for further replies.