• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Been thinking lately to get a Switch Lite. Was planning to make it primary, and thinking about keeping my OG Switch, or sell it, i will see. Reason im considering it is because i think the OG Switch feel maybe a bit too heavy and give me hand cramps. Since 90% of the time im playing handheld, im just wondering how do you guys feel holding the Lite version for multi hours ?

Tayaya

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Far, far superior. It's got a nice texture to the plastic and feels supple. Has rounded edges and rests nicely in the paws. Is much, much lighter than the OG switch (launch version). Battery is better than the OG Switch.

It's pretty much the Vita 2, and revitalized my interest in the Switch completely.

nareik

Mar 25, 2019
I find it MUCH easier to use, much more comfortable and holds a lot better in my hand. Before that I was using the switch with the Skull&Co grip but since I've got the Lite I've not used it since!

Oct 25, 2017
It's a hundred times better in Handheld than OG switch. Better weight, easier to carry due to size, it just... Feels right.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Far, far superior. It's got a nice texture to the plastic and feels supple. Has rounded edges and rests nicely in the paws. Is much, much lighter than the OG switch (launch version). Battery is better than the OG Switch.

It's pretty much the Vita 2, and revitalized my interest in the Switch completely.
Totally agree. So much more comfortable than the OG Switch. Much lighter. You won't be disappointed.

CaVaYeRo

Oct 31, 2017
Much better... lighter and more solid. You won't want to get back unless you're lazy like me and/or it's faster to take the big one from the dock than to sync save game via the cloud (and even perhaps switching the game card...).

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
I would really like to get a Lite strictly for portable play, but TBH the stick-drift issue and the fact those aren't easily replaceable on the Lite has scared me away. Plus none of the current color schemes are doing it for me.

Mar 23, 2018
Definitely better because of weight and texture but personally still not ergonomically great. I'd still get a grip. But definitely more comfortable for on-the-go if your comparison is strictly Switch (no grip) vs Lite (no grip)

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020

I was going to respond, but instead I'll just point to this quoted post and say "This."

Definitely better because of weight and texture but personally still not ergonomically great. I'd still get a grip. But definitely more comfortable for on-the-go if your comparison is strictly Switch (no grip) vs Lite (no grip)
The grip I use is made by Nintendo. It's called the Flip Cover Case. And it's awesome.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
I have smaller hands so it fits me perfectly. It's also a bit lighter The Switch is pretty big so I go back to it if I like the bigger screen

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
i used my lite without a grip for a while because i got it at launch so i had to wait for them, and it was just ok. if you play a game that requires major use of both sticks, it's pretty meh, but the rest were fine.

i purchased a satisfye grip and now i'm good.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My Switch Lite is my dedicated portable gaming device now. My OG Switch never leaves its dock. I absolutely adore the Lite.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My Switch Lite is my dedicated portable gaming device now. My OG Switch never leaves its dock. I absolutely adore the Lite.
What do you do about games that don't support cloud saves?

I wanted to do this too (lite for portable play and my OG always docked), but I wouldn't be able to play games like PokƩmon or Animal Crossing in both consoles.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What do you do about games that don't support cloud saves?

I wanted to do this too (lite for portable play and my OG always docked), but I wouldn't be able to play games like PokƩmon or Animal Crossing in both consoles.
I play (will play) them on my Lite.

Not being able to switch back and forth with some games really sucks, but since I have to choose, I'd rather play a game like AC on a portable than on the TV.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
I play (will play) them on my Lite.

Not being able to switch back and forth with some games really sucks, but since I have to choose, I'd rather play a game like AC on a portable than on the TV.
Same. AC and Pokemon have always been best on handhelds. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to have a choice to play it on my TV as well, but in their infinite wisdom Nintendo has decided to make the most consumer unfriendly choices possible.

Oct 26, 2017
IDK how people can say the Lite is comfortable. It's lighter than original Switch, but it's also a lot more cramped.

Mekanos

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 17, 2018
The weight alone is a game changer.

Shame I didn't wait to buy the pink one.

Fractology

Oct 28, 2017
It's really one of those weird things that doesn't make sense until you hold it yourself. It's seriously awesome and comfortable. I even feel like games look a tiny bit more sharp on its screen because it's a little smaller. Buttons feel great, having a real D-pad is great. It barely puts off ANY heat and no fan sound what-so-ever. I have to hold it up to my nose to even feel any air coming out of the vents. I love the thing. Like someone above said, it rekindled my love of the Switch. The OG really hurt my wrists if I ever played it laying down in bed.

There was a great Digital Foundry video on it that sold me on it and I have to agree with everything said:

OP
OP
HighFive

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm. Interesting to hear that from you all. I think ill go get it, the yellow one is saying hello to me šŸ˜¬. Still evaluating if i will be selling my OG Switch, but very happy to hear good comment about the handling of the Lite!

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm. Interesting to hear that from you all. I think ill go get it, the yellow one is saying hello to me šŸ˜¬. Still evaluating if i will be selling my OG Switch, but very happy to hear good comment about the handling of the Lite!
Don't sell your current Switch unless you don't think you'll ever played docked again. Personally, I'm gonna' have to play BotW 2 and Metroid Prime 4 on the big screen.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
Much better than the OG switch, I have never felt uncomfortable when using my lite.
I would say it's probably the best handheld Nintendo have ever made

Deleted member 49166

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
I'm playing most of the time away from home/the TV. When I travel I put the Switch on a stand and use my Pro Controller (train, planes). In the hotel I Dock it to the room's TV.
Wouldn't give up the docking just for a bit lighter system.

If I'd play mainly commuting in short intervals the light might be a compromise, but again for me it's not a full Switch.

I have the updated V2 Switch and the battery lasts forever. I never pull out the charger which I always had to with the OG Switch. I think the lite is closer to the OG Switch.

Deleted member 23475

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have both and it's MUCH better.
Just keep in mind that it's plastic, the screen is smaller, no rumble and no dock.