• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which colour Nintendo Switch Lite is your favourite?

• Grey

Votes: 790 20.0%
  • Yellow

Votes: 886 22.4%
  • Turquoise

Votes: 1,417 35.9%
  • Pokémon Sword and Shield Edition

Votes: 857 21.7%

• Total voters

Mjdrama

Oct 27, 2017
I bought the yellow one and mine is perfect. Dpad works great, better than Hori addon on my old one I think. Speakers are about same. Screen has slightly more contrast and its little warmer too, not piss yellow though. Its a better screen and games look a little bit sharper on smaller screen, I like it a lot.

Time to hack my launch unit to test some overclocking.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I legitimately can't decide between the colours. Sat on the order screen.

Turqouise was my go-to but worried it'll be a bit 'much'.
Yellow was initially a no-no but seeing it in photos here makes it more attractive, it's a nice shade. Same as above though.
Grey I like the look of and like that it won't draw from the content on-screen at all (being dark). White and the dark grey is nice.

In a rut!

Get turquoise and eventually mod it with PAL SNES/Famicon colored buttons and you'll live in gaming-bliss! :P

zzz

Oct 27, 2017
Any idea how sales have been?

Interesting to see that Rakuten already has it on sale for $169.99 (after coupon code SAVE15).

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
I still stand by my initial reaction of "who asked for this? and why does it look so cheap?"

With that said I did ended up picking one up on Friday because I found out this system had dimensions identical to a PS Vita and quite frankly I couldn't pass up that sort of portability.

So far I do like the system and it doesn't look so bad in person. I picked up the grey one of course because it looked the most normal out of all the colors available. I'll miss the lack of Rumble but I can do without it and I never once docked my original Switch so the lack of TV output doesn't really bother me but if I had my choice I would take out the Gyro and add the Rumble back in.

Fairxchange

Oct 30, 2017
I still stand by my initial reaction of "who asked for this? and why does it look so cheap?"

With that said I did ended up picking one up on Friday because I found out this system had dimensions identical to a PS Vita and quite frankly I couldn't pass up that sort of portability.

So far I do like the system and it doesn't look so bad in person. I picked up the grey one of course because it looked the most normal out of all the colors available. I'll miss the lack of Rumble but I can do without it and I never once docked my original Switch so the lack of TV output doesn't really bother me but if I had my choice I would take out the Gyro and add the Rumble back in.
You didn't see the point of the Lite yet bought it for its portability. Okay.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really paranoid that my Lite has a yellow tint in the upper right corner. On any white screen it has an ever so obvious yellow tint and when I compare it to my updated regular switch the difference is noticeable.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I don't know if I'm seeing things but my Lite seems to have a yellow tint in the upper right corner. Both switches on max brightness.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
I also made a video, and unless I suddenly forgot how to use a d-pad, I think there's pretty clearly a difference:

Yeah, this is my experience with a turquoise lite as well. I booted up SF 30th anniversary collection and could not pull off a fireball with Ryu for the life of me on the dpad. I'm talking like 0/50 attempts lol. It's so bizarre some people have dpads that appear to work without issue while others are experiencing this.

kotowaru

Jan 14, 2018
I'm really paranoid that my Lite has a yellow tint in the upper right corner. On any white screen it has an ever so obvious yellow tint and when I compare it to my updated regular switch the difference is noticeable.

If it makes you feel any better mine is also slightly yellow towards the right side. There was a thread on reddit where someone said they went through 6 of them and they all had the same yellow tint towards the right. I'm wondering if its a common thing or if there's a lot of duds between the screen issues, d-pads, speakers, etc. Its only really noticeable when you're comparing pure whites but its still irksome to know its there.

Fairxchange

Oct 30, 2017
I never said I didn't see the point.

That Wall Street rumor we had since that last year skewed perception of this hardware announcement and I can guarantee you that I wasn't the only one expecting a Switch Pro announcement at the time.
I see, didn't consider you were disappointed it wasn't a pro. Well I've got the new Switch and switch lite. All likelihood I'll end up with an eventual pro.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it makes you feel any better mine is also slightly yellow towards the right side. There was a thread on reddit where someone said they went through 6 of them and they all had the same yellow tint towards the right. I'm wondering if its a common thing or if there's a lot of duds between the screen issues, d-pads, speakers, etc. Its only really noticeable when you're comparing pure whites but its still irksome to know its there.

Nice to know it's not just me... And it's not noticeable during game play so far, just frustrating as fuck.

Deleted member 49166

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 30, 2018

still a chance that it's the curing glue thing again. A lot of OG Switched had tinted screens which over time got normal (also phone had this).

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Anyone have any idea what Switch Lite specific feature FDG keeps teasing about for Monster Boy?

This has been revealed. It's not just for Switch Lite, but works best there. you can now change the HUD colour, and three of the options match the Switch Lite colors, so it looks quite swanky.

d7pc9tE.png

kotowaru

Jan 14, 2018
Nice to know it's not just me... And it's not noticeable during game play so far, just frustrating as fuck.

It is haha. But I got a good d-pad and speakers (didn't even know this was that big of an issue until I started reading impressions here) and no dead pixels or dust, etc. Idk if I want to risk a return just to play the lottery. The 3DS era gave me PTSD and I've never quite recovered.

still a chance that it's the curing glue thing again. A lot of OG Switched had tinted screens which over time got normal (also phone had this).

Interesting, I didn't know this was a thing. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it improves. My screen looks like its cooler on the left side and gets ever so slightly yellow on the right.

As for my overall impressions, I was sold as soon as I put it in my hands. An actual d-pad is huge. The buttons feels better, more mushy with more travel time. The new ZL/ZR triggers feel great. The weight is perfect for a handheld. I played Dragon Quest Builders 2 for about 90 minutes last night and was blown away at the remaining battery compared to my OG switch. The screen is nice, despite my issue; everything looks crisper and the colors really pop. I chose Gray because of the bezel and those white buttons (I think it looks sleek), but I really wanted all three...

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
I also made a video, and unless I suddenly forgot how to use a d-pad, I think there's pretty clearly a difference:

That's exactly how my Turquoise Lite behaved. Returned it for a gray unit and this one actually does the diagonals. Not enjoying the quality control issues, but fortunately right now my dpad appears to be functioning properly with no drift, and I don't have the speaker issue (my first Lite also had an incredibly low max volume).

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017

Iirc, this might be an issue with every Switch revision that goes away over time. I think it's cause the glue didn't dry properly? People were talking about this when the new better battery model came out.
At least I think so.

kotowaru

Jan 14, 2018
That's exactly how my Turquoise Lite behaved. Returned it for a gray unit and this one actually does the diagonals. Not enjoying the quality control issues, but fortunately right now my dpad appears to be functioning properly with no drift, and I don't have the speaker issue (my first Lite also had an incredibly low max volume).

I also have a grey unit and both are fine, to the point where I was wondering what everyone was on about with the low volume and d-pad complaints. Really disappointing QC as always from Nintendo. I love them but I can't stand this BS.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Guessing you prefer the gray?

On the ordering screen and can't decide. Colourful ones look nice but the gray being dark against the white buttons/sticks makes it look really nice imo. Plus that nice focus on the screen. Just curious as you've had both.

Kitten Mittens

Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Guessing you prefer the gray?

On the ordering screen and can't decide. Colourful ones look nice but the gray being dark against the white buttons/sticks makes it look really nice imo. Plus that nice focus on the screen. Just curious as you've had both.
Turquoise looked alright. Gray simply looks better to me and the screen blends into the device much better imo.

Velezcora

Banned
Nov 16, 2017

Yeah I wish it didn't look so cheap but there were definitely people asking for this. Probably not to be portable only but definitely to be smaller and more portable. I think a big market for the Lite is Japan where they prefer smaller devices over larger ones.
I actually think the Lite isn't small enough to be honest.

I've got a friend who won't buy it until there is tv only version.

Your friend is going to be waiting forever probably. I never expected them to release a Switch that didn't Switch so there's always a chance but I find a TV only Switch very unlikely. At that point Nintendo is just selling a home console that's weaker than the last-gen offerings. (PS4 and Xbox One). Which is a bit harder to pull off without the hybrid "gimmick".

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Your friend is going to be waiting forever probably. I never expected them to release a Switch that didn't Switch so there's always a chance but I find a TV only Switch very unlikely. At that point Nintendo is just selling a home console that's weaker than the last-gen offerings. (PS4 and Xbox One). Which is a bit harder to pull off without the hybrid "gimmick".

I'm not even sure why someone would want a tv-only version? Do they want it to be cheaper than a regular switch or to be more powerful (a pro model, though I've never heard it referenced as a tv only version) because otherwise, just buy a switch and pretend it doesn't undock.

Rukes

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I also have a grey unit and both are fine, to the point where I was wondering what everyone was on about with the low volume and d-pad complaints. Really disappointing QC as always from Nintendo. I love them but I can't stand this BS.

Same here, got a Grey from Amazon (not a pre-order, purchased on the 20th). Diagonals work great, no drift, screen is uniform color with no scanlines. No issues at all.

kotowaru

Jan 14, 2018
Same here, got a Grey from Amazon (not a pre-order, purchased on the 20th). Diagonals work great, no drift, screen is uniform color with no scanlines. No issues at all.

Mine was also from Amazon. I have 30 days to exchange it if this screen uniformity really does me in, but I'm trying not to be too picky considering the lottery. Glad to hear yours turned out as well as it did!

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well I returned that Lite that had the yellow tint and this time got ab actual yellow Lite and there is no time so I'm happy now.

Nov 15, 2017
I'm not even sure why someone would want a tv-only version? Do they want it to be cheaper than a regular switch or to be more powerful (a pro model, though I've never heard it referenced as a tv only version) because otherwise, just buy a switch and pretend it doesn't undock.

I think he wants it to be cheaper. He's got a baby as well so he's worried about grab-ables I think. I think he may have decided to get a Wii U instead.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
How is Best Buy's "Geek Squad" 2 year plan for something like this, if they wind up fixing the d-pad without a recall?

I should rephrase this. I don't want to play lottery. Do any US retailers offer a protection plan that would swap this if and when Nintendo gets their shit together?

Last edited:

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I exchanged my Lite for another Turquoise one.

It's markedly better but especially the lower right diagonal still feels inconsistent. I'll play some more LttP today and tomorrow and see what I feel.

On that note... Is everyone who has D-pad issues playing on a Turquoise one?

Oct 26, 2017
ANyone have the Hori Duraflexi protector for the console?

Impressions?

Really just looking for something to put on the thing so it wont scratch while sitting on a surface.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's markedly better but especially the lower right diagonal still feels inconsistent. I'll play some more LttP today and tomorrow and see what I feel.

I can't speak for that but my new Yellow Lite does diagonals in LTTP flawlessly.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017

My turquoise also has problems with down-right diagonals. I'm thinking about returning mine but idk if I should stick with the same color.