• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Credits to /u/ABCDEXYZWV12345 for the post and the list.

EDIT: It seems the list is incomplete. Well, I might as well continue it.

12 - PlayStation 4 (God of War, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, Marvel's Spider-Man, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Horizon Zero Darn, The Last of Us Remastered, Call of Duty: WWII, Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, FIFA '17, FIFA '18, Red Dead Redemption 2, Grand Theft Auto V)

12 - Nintendo Switch (Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Pokemon Sword and Shield, Super Mario Odyssey, Super Mario Party, Pokemon Let's GO: Pikachu and Eevee, Splatoon 2, Fortnite Battle Royale, New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe, Ring Fit Adventure)

11 - Xbox 360 (Kinect Adventures, Grand Theft Auto V, Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Call of Duty: Black Ops II, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Halo 3, Grand Theft Auto IV, Call of Duty: Ghosts)

10 - Nintendo DS (New Super Mario Bros., Nintendogs, Mario Kart DS, Brain Age, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, Pokemon Black and White, Brain Age 2, Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver, Animal Crossing: Wild World, Super Mario 64 DS)

9 - Nintendo Wii (Wii Sports, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Sports Resort, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Wii Play, Wii Fit, Wii Fit Plus, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy)

7 - Nintendo 3DS ( Mario Kart 7, Pokemon X and Y, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, New Super Mario Bros. 2, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Super Mario 3D Land)

6 - GameBoy (Tetris, Pokemon Red Green and Blue, Pokemon Gold and Silver, Super Mario Land, Pokemon Yellow, Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins)

3 - PlayStation 2 (Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec, Gran Turismo 4)

3 - Nintendo Entertainment System (Super Mario Bros., Duck Hunt, Super Mario Bros. 3)

2 - Super Nintendo Entertainment System (Super Mario World, Super Mario All-Stars)

2 - PlayStation 3 (Grand Theft Auto V, Gran Turismo 5)

2 - GameBoy Advance (Ruby & Sapphire, FireRed & LeafGreen)

2 - PlayStation 1 (Gran Turismo, Final Fantasy VII)

1 - Nintendo 64 (Super Mario 64)

1 - Xbox One (Forza Horizon 4)

1 - Sega Genesis (Sonic The Hedgehog)

0 - PlayStation Vita

0 - PlayStation Portable

0 - Nintendo GameCube

0 - Xbox

0 - Nintendo Wii U

It's highly likely Pokemon BDSP that's coming out next week will reach 10+ million within the Switch's 5 years lifecycle, breaking the record for the most 10+ million games sold on 1 console.

Close if old.

By the way, my 12345 in my username has nothing to do with the OP's username.

Last edited:

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I've counted this like 5 times and the Switch number either equals 10 or 12 depending on how you count the Pokemon SKUs.

Nevermind, I kept skipping over Splatoon 2.

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA

Majora85

Nov 21, 2017
This can't be right. Why does 360 have all the GTA and COD games included but the PS4 doesn't?

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
it's wild seeing the 3DS that high despite what it sold. guess that a really big chunk of the userbase bought the same games.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Surely that list is incomplete.

The PS and Xbox should have various CoDs, GTA and sports titles.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
It's gonna be 3+ ahead of the record after the releases of Pokemon BDSP, Pokemon Legends Arceus, and BotW2.

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
This has to be just confirmed right? I can't imagine that games like RDR2 and all the CoD games didn't hit 10+ million on PS4

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
I'm surprised the DS, Wii and PS4 don't have more each. Interesting to see though, and there's no chance the Switch won't go past 11 by next year.

Snefer

Creative Director at Neon Giant
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
These lists are so incomplete, does not make sense at all :D

Oct 25, 2017
Wait so GTAV and none of the CODS, were able to crack 10 Million on PS4? That's a bit surprising. Always thought those sold crazy well.

IvanN

Oct 25, 2021
I wish all games revealed updated sale numbers since I'm sure there are some that should be here for other consoles that aren't

klee123

Oct 27, 2017
List seems suspect.

PS4 should have much more 10+ million sellers. GTAV should be one, not to mention the FIFAs and CODs

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
I'll add it to the list, since the OP didn't have it on their list to begin with. Let me know if there's anything missing.
I think a lot of titles don't get platform breakdowns anymore. Like RDR2 was 20+ million on just consoles so even though we can assume it had 10+ million on PS4, it's not confirmed

Because those titles didn't sell over 10 million on the PS4?
CoD doesn't get sales numbers anymore but there's no way they didn't. FIFA too honestly

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Can't imagine those lists are all that accurate; not having concrete sales numbers for every game out there is mostly to blame, but then the whole premise kinda falls apart when you have an incomplete data set.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
If you want sources, this Reddit post very clearly just read the Wikipedia page for each consoles best selling games. So if you believe a game is missing on a list, it's because there's no reliable source for Wikipedia to include it

For example, Wikipedia only counts GTAV on PS4 as a 2 million seller because they only have information on sales from Japan, Asia, Germany & France.

Oct 26, 2017
Would have been there already if they didn't kill off the Mario collection at 9mil.
Edit: Luigi's Mansion 3 is likely there already actually, but they only give updates to titles that have passed 1m in the current FY. So LM hasn't grown by 1M since March, but it only needed just over 400k to hit 10m.

Last edited:

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
That list is beyond incomplete, (and if that's using Wikipedia, it's even clearer as to why it's incomplete), but the Switch is doing incredible regardless.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
yeah, these lists surely arent up to date, and thats because many publishers dont really share numbers like that

Pyroblazer

Oct 30, 2017
According to a comment list is missing several games on PS4:

GTAV, RDR2, FIFA17, FIFA18, Call of Duty WW2, Call Of Duty Bo3

Sony unfortunately don't give updated numbers, but The Last Of Us Part 2 and Ghost Of Tsushima should be over 10 million too.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
3 - PlayStation 2 (Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec, Gran Turismo 4)
This really shows how much the landscape has changed. More than a billion in software sales, only 3 of them got sold more than 10 million.
You could argue the list might not be ubercomplete, but the PS2 at most adds Grand Theft Auto 3 and Vice City. It is not a good evolution in terms of diversity.

AhiKuma

Banned
Sep 28, 2021
Pretty sure the PS4 would have the spot if GTAV, RDR2, FIFA and the COD games were included.

Rotimi

Banned
Dec 25, 2017
Jos , Nigeria
Yeah this list is very incomplete and doesn't seem to have a proper source. The PS4 has more than 7sell above 10m. No GTAV, no RDR2 very incomplete
And many games just not listed. Unless they are talking first party

lexony

Oct 25, 2017
PS4 lacks games like GTA. Also it is possible that Switch could already have over 11 10-million sellers. We don't know how much Luigis Mansion sold since march 2021 when it was at 9.6 million.

Oct 27, 2017
Why do people in here seem to think COD and sports titles are selling 10+ million on singular platforms?? Not to mention yearly/near yearly releases cut off sales potential. Some of them reach that, but is nowhere near consistently

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
This list is all kinds of messed up. I imagine every single COD on 8th gen sold 10+ million, they should all be included if it's included for Xbox 360. All the sports games? Probably the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.